2016/17 Melbourne Victory Thread - It just wasn't to be

Remove this Banner Ad

I was just reading Back Row's facebook response to yesterdays email from the club regarding active support.

I didn't get the email - either they've done a really poor job of making sure all members get it (possible given the Victory's admin), or they've cut me off their mailing list after my shitty response to the last email (also possible given how sensitive the club is about it's active support.)

Did anyone get it? Are you please able to copy and paste it for me? (Reminder to delete the name if that's important to you.)
I have it mate:

Attachments

• IMG_0834.PNG
    IMG_0834.PNG
    47.7 KB · Views: 7

I was just reading Back Row's facebook response to yesterdays email from the club regarding active support.

I didn't get the email - either they've done a really poor job of making sure all members get it (possible given the Victory's admin), or they've cut me off their mailing list after my shitty response to the last email (also possible given how sensitive the club is about it's active support.)

Did anyone get it? Are you please able to copy and paste it for me? (Reminder to delete the name if that's important to you.)
Last email I got was about the upcoming Good Friday game. :drunk:

Pretty sure I read "AFL-style cheer squad" here at some point. So they want to be all inclusive yet only send that email to a certain section of members? I'm applying for a job in sports admin, can't be very hard.

So apparently we're set to get Rhys Williams. Really hope we're not going to throw stupid money at him.

Pretty sure I read "AFL-style cheer squad" here at some point. So they want to be all inclusive yet only send that email to a certain section of members? I'm applying for a job in sports admin, can't be very hard.

So apparently we're set to get Rhys Williams. Really hope we're not going to throw stupid money at him.

Yep, they mentioned they have feedback from all different types of members and addressed the member base yet only sent it to North End members. The email is now on the a-league home page which is weird.

Have a read of this article everyone - http://www.newcastlefootball.net/ho...the-squadron-withdrawing-from-active-support/ - especially this paragraph -----

The growth of the NCL group since January in Bay 1 (a General Admission area with no entry restrictions) we believe showed that if the restrictions could be lifted on the Southern Hill, then active support might be able to recover. We were informed that being the “official active support group” meant we had to abide by the FFA mandated conditions or lose status and active support privileges. It’s hoped that by standing aside as an official active support group, an organic growth of unaffiliated groups such as the NCL can continue so that matchday atmosphere is what we had always envisaged – loud and parochial.

Can't buy tickets as my membership barcode isn't working. Also, it is a really crap time for a game considering there is only 2 for the weekend. Friday & Saturday night would have been better. Probably wont be saying that if we're in Brisbanes position next year and have a ACL game mid-week.

The prices for this final are friggen disgusting.

A mate and I were keen to go, but neither of us even really considered it when Cat C tickets are still 50 bucks. That's outrageous.

The prices for this final are friggen disgusting.

A mate and I were keen to go, but neither of us even really considered it when Cat C tickets are still 50 bucks. That's outrageous.

FFA exploiting Victory fans again!

Rgardless we're still getting tickets what time I rock up through depending on the footy is a another issue.

It's a preliminary final at AAMI Park, I didn't expect the tickets for General Admin to be under $30. On category C, they're $50 and the category A are $69. Pretty much a no brainer to go for Cat A.

Members should get a discount though, we're all fronting up our money in order to keep the club in best possible position but any Joe from the street can rock up and spend the exact same money for the exact same seat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the Cat A tickets are reasonably priced.

I just think charging 50 bucks for what is usually GA seating is disgraceful, and I think it's asking for a repeat of the FFA Cup final crowd 18 months ago. The FFA never learn from their mistakes, I think this is probably likely to be another example.

I think the Cat A tickets are reasonably priced.

I just think charging 50 bucks for what is usually GA seating is disgraceful, and I think it's asking for a repeat of the FFA Cup final crowd 18 months ago. The FFA never learn from their mistakes, I think this is probably likely to be another example.
I actually had a look at which seating was classified as what, was disgraceful. Was very little Category B and C, not to go all conspiracy theorists but to me it seems they're classifying a lot more seats as Cat A and coupled with the price of a GA ticket hoping people will just buy a Cat A seat.

If we don't get close to a sell out surely the FFA will have a look at pricing structures (or not). If we get through and play Sydney I am going to have to sell a kidney to do the trip.

Hi Victory fans.

I've noticed a lot on Facebook recently where people superimpose "Come on Melbourne" with the Victory emblem on their profile pics.

I want to superimpose some Melbourne City mates of mine with the same thing but I don't know how.

I googled it, nothing.
I checked the Melbourne Victory app, nothing.
I checked the App Store, nothing.

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Much appreciated. Thanks. And #COYBIB.

Hi Victory fans.

I've noticed a lot on Facebook recently where people superimpose "Come on Melbourne" with the Victory emblem on their profile pics.

I want to superimpose some Melbourne City mates of mine with the same thing but I don't know how.

I googled it, nothing.
I checked the Melbourne Victory app, nothing.
I checked the App Store, nothing.

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Much appreciated. Thanks. And #COYBIB.
https://www.facebook.com/profilepicframes

Type Melbourne Victory into the search.

Aha before you guys ask (someone already has) the reason I have your logo as my avatar is because I lost a bet:D
Don't lie. You converted. You forgot to change your 'Other Teams' though.

After last night idk any more mate. They bought my club, and they couldn't even produce results to back it up:(
Would you guys welcome me mate?
You're already basically one of us. :p

Aha but would you guys have an old Melburnians member? ;)
Would you accept me?:grimacing:
I can only speak for myself, and I am only a first year supporter myself, but I am sure we will accept anyone who has finally seen the light. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back