2016/17 Melbourne Victory Thread - It just wasn't to be

Remove this Banner Ad

I tell you what mate. I'll come on Sunday and see how I feel about the whole thing, see if I enjoy it actually supporting the team, and then I'll go from there.

Haven't you already been to a match? you should know h what its like and I don't just mean atmosphere. Did you care for the team? the players? did you want them to win? or did you feel nothing for the team?

Haven't you already been to a match? you should know h what its like and I don't just mean atmosphere. Did you care for the team? the players? did you want them to win? or did you feel nothing for the team?
That's the thing- I watched that match entirely as a neutral. I even applauded goals ffs
I want to attend a match as a supporter, if that makes any sense.

That's the thing- I watched that match entirely as a neutral. I even applauded goals ffs
I want to attend a match as a supporter, if that makes any sense.

Buy a scarf (or borrow one from your friend if you can't afford it) then on Sunday see how you feel when Stand By Me is playing, you'll either treasure the moment and the scarf and become Victory Till I Die!! or you'll feel nothing and throw the scarf in the bin (or give it straight back to your mate) and you will know the club isn't for you.

That's my two cents pub advice for Sunday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buy a scarf (or borrow one from your friend if you can't afford it) then on Sunday see how you feel when Stand By Me is playing, you'll either treasure the moment and the scarf and become Victory Till I Die!! or you'll feel nothing and throw the scarf in the bin (or give it straight back to your mate) and you will know the club isn't for you.

That's my two cents pub advice for Sunday.
Ok aha that sounds like a good plan mate!!! I'm going with a couple of dislussioned City mates and I'll see how it goes!!
Also cheers Dadadadaaaaaa for the sig, good work

That's true- but what's the match day experience at the Victory like? I actually can't wait.

It's great mate some of the best memories in my sporting life has been standing in the terrace or sitting in the stands supporting this great club! not to forget the atmosphere generated as well, seeing a see of blue and white arm in arm chanting and singing together!

But It's best to experience it yourself, I can't really explain it mate. You've been there as a natural you should have some idea, but knowing how much you enjoy terrace culture I think you'll fit right in, but be warned diving in to deep in that sort of culture the politics can get a little dirty as you would know by reading back in this thread.

But overall the club is great! We have a firm footprint in this town, been successful on and off the park! and we are actually Melbourne's team born and breed! not some Arabs marketing experiment. Blue and white, The big V whats to hate! :) The players always have time for you at family days, after game functions etc.. even Kevin Muscat is a gentleman believe it or not! The fans in general are awesome and I haven't meet anyone yet that's gone for the first time and didn't like it in fact they loved it so much they always come back!

Last edited:
It's great mate some of the best memories in my sporting life has been standing in the terrace or sitting in the stands supporting this great club! not to forget the atmosphere generated as well, seeing a see of blue and white arm in arm chanting and singing together!

But It's best to experience it yourself, I can't really explain it mate. You've been there as a natural you should have some idea, but knowing how much you enjoy terrace culture I think you'll fit right in, but be warned diving in to deep in that sort of culture the politics can get a little dirty as you would know by reading back in this thread.

But overall the club is great! We have a firm footprint in this town, been successful on and off the park! and we are actually Melbourne's team born and breed! not some Arabs marketing experiment. Blue and white, The big V whats to hate! :) The players always have time for you at family days, after game functions etc.. even Kevin Muscat is a gentleman believe it or not! The fans in general are awesome and I haven't meet anyone yet that's gone for the first time and didn't like it in fact they loved it so much they always come back!
It sounds fantastic mate;
It seems like the beauty of the Victory is how organic it is- it's the representive of football in Melbourne, not the representitive of some cashed up Arabs.
Also, the atmosphere is a big factor. Even without the NT (or at least in a reduced capacity with the back row) the atmosphere is still fantastic, I went to the Perth game and was blown away at how loud it was. I honestly can't wait TBH. Nobby summed it up best though, and it'll be the heckling from mates, and just supporting the team that as a Heart-City fan I have been drilled to hate will be hard, but I would be extremely surprised if I saw myself signing up for a City membership for next season.

No. He is utterly useless.

I think using him in the right setup such as ours which realise on attacking wingers he might shine, he's also flexible and can play at left back, if we can pick him up cheaply I think it'll be worth it.

I think using him in the right setup such as ours which realise on attacking wingers he might shine, he's also flexible and can play at left back, if we can pick him up cheaply I think it'll be worth it.
Look, he isn't a bad player, but his strength is in crosses and balls to tall players in the box, who would he deliver his specialty balls to?

Look, he isn't a bad player, but his strength is in crosses and balls to tall players in the box, who would he deliver his specialty balls to?

Berisha would benift enormously with his crossing and would also take a load of Troisi on set pieces duties, (if Troisi stays that is) I think his speed is his biggest concern doesn't look very fast and our game style realise on quick counter attacks. He's more of a tempo type player. But I'll take him just for the LB role on the cheap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back