2016/17 Melbourne Victory Thread - It just wasn't to be

Remove this Banner Ad

some highlights of him from a couple of seasons ago at Hamburg seems to have some aggression which is what we need atm.

Reports going round twitter that he's had injury problem in the past and that he was subbed after 35min during his last match for attitude problems.
Good that it's only a loan deal and judging by the Mainz statement we've been after him for a while. so the club has identified we have problems (the wrong end through still think we should be going after another CB.) hope it works out, if it does can't see a future for Bozanic in this team come January.

i prefer if MVFC had a twitter tag not of "gomvfc". MVFC is strong enough. gomvfc? why not try "yayMVFC"

just personal opinion.

i agree, defense is where we should be looking to improve
Probably because this guys has it. https://twitter.com/MVFC Sure, Victory could probably ask for it, but why waste their time?

Looks like we finally have brought in some speed. Bozanic or FBK will not be liking this signing.

Looks like we finally have brought in some speed. Bozanic or FBK will not be liking this signing.

As an attacking mid/wide mid, I don't think it'll affect Bozanic. I doubt FBK slept that well last night though - it might go beyond him sitting on the bench, he might be out the door come January.

It's only a one-season loan, though?

It is, but Ben Kalfallah is 34 now - he doesn't have long left anyway. Even if Beister is only going to be a one-year player, he's rendered FBK largely irrelevant for this season, and there won't be much point to bringing back a hopelessly out of form 35 year old next season.

The other loser could be Troisi - he was very public about wanting to play number 10. He might be a little less likely to do that now I think. I expect that, in about 4-6 weeks time, it's likely to be Troisi on the left, Beister at 10 and Rojas down the right - with Austin more likely to come on as a sub than FBK would be.

It is, but Ben Kalfallah is 34 now - he doesn't have long left anyway. Even if Beister is only going to be a one-year player, he's rendered FBK largely irrelevant for this season, and there won't be much point to bringing back a hopelessly out of form 35 year old next season.

The other loser could be Troisi - he was very public about wanting to play number 10. He might be a little less likely to do that now I think. I expect that, in about 4-6 weeks time, it's likely to be Troisi on the left, Beister at 10 and Rojas down the right - with Austin more likely to come on as a sub than FBK would be.
Fair enough. I forgot FBK's age.

after his first season FBK was our favourite. I remember watching the A league awards and seeing him lose to burns. I was spewing!

he has regressed since then sadly. His trickery and wizardry that left everyone in a quandary are now secondary to once legendary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Georgevski shouldn't be getting more minutes than Galloway.

Just pissed another promising young player down the drain...

Be still my beating heart!

Fantastic bit of play by Rojas in the lead up. :heart::heart::heart:

Any of you blokes ever done the Adelaide away trip?

I mentioned in the "which Melbourne team do you support" thread that, since seeing Victory beat Sydney 5-0 in season 1, Sydney has always been the big rivalry for me. It's the away game I usually try and go to (which was pretty easy when I lived in Canberra and would get to more away games than home games) - but I'm watching this crowd, both the Victory away fans and the home fans, and wondering why I've never done the Adelaide away trip before. It looks great, and Hindmarsh looks like a great stadium to watch football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back