2016/17 Melbourne Victory Thread - It just wasn't to be

Remove this Banner Ad

Screamed so loud the cat bolted and slid into the wall. :tearsofjoy:

Yep. The nature of football means that outbursts are much less frequent, but they're much louder and much more passionate when those outbursts do happen... and my dog hates it! She went into the bedroom and hid under the doona after that last goal :p

I hope this doesn't end up being one of those wins that masks the severe issues that were obvious in that game. Geria is a good player, but is not in good form this season. Georgevski has been ordinary for a year now. Austin is just a Pain clone - fast, but poor on the ball. Rojas is clearly a class player, but for the 2nd week in a row he didn't involve himself in the play anywhere near as much as we need him to.

And our defence as a unit is a shambles. I know you can't lose a guy like MDP and expect the back 4 to click immediately, but that was tough to watch at times tonight. Having watched some youtube clibs of Beister, I should be a lot more excited about his arrival - but I just can't get excited because I know another attacking player isn't what we need.

The positives are that Berisha scored, Rojas showed great touch, and Thomas was superhuman. Baro was better than last week, but his tackling is still a big concern, cos it's going to result in red cards.

All in all, it was great to win such a fun, frenetic game... but I don't think we really deserved it.

Ayyyy.

Pleased with Danny G's game. Did his best to cover Austin's mare when we had the ball.

Pasquali is a freakin star. Should start in the derby.

Mahazi owes Rojas a beer or two.

Bring on the Heart.

Ayyyy.

Pleased with Danny G's game. Did his best to cover Austin's mare when we had the ball.

Pasquali is a freakin star. Should start in the derby.

Mahazi owes Rojas a beer or two.

Bring on the Heart.

can we give mahazi away tomorrow?

After the derby I wasn't sure about going to the cup semi on Tuesday. I ended up deciding to get a ticket anyway (lest I be one of those people who refuses to go to games not included in their membership), and I'm bloody glad I did now.

As I said, there's still a few concerns with the squad, but if we beat City on Tuesday I'm going to want to be there.

That was awesome!! Really thought in those last ten minutes we were just holding on for a point. The winner absolutely came out of nowhere.

Lawrence Thomas was a superstar last night too. One very happy Victory supporter :)

me this morning

source.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing is though, we're all watching the game mate. We don't need one-sentence commentaries.

And even if we weren't watching the game? Simply posting "foul" with no context or description doesn't tell anyone anything..

I appreciate you taking it under advice, because I want to be subscribed to this thread, and I want notifications when someone posts - I just don't need 8 notifications in a 20 minute period that all come from the one person. Especially when so many of those posts don't even attempt any analysis of what we're all watching.

Getting notifications for new posts in any thread is crazy, you must have 100 notifications every time you log on!

I just use watched threads for checking new posts at my leisure, save the notifications for important stuff like quotes and likes etc.

appreciate you taking it under advice, because I want to be subscribed to this thread, and I want notifications when someone posts - I just don't need 8 notifications in a 20 minute period that all come from the one person. Especially when so many of those posts don't even attempt any analysis of what we're all watching.
Why do you have notifications for when someone replies to a thread? Just go to watched threads

Gotta love beating Adelaide. Their tears are always the saltiest. The day must be coming when they realise not converting chances is poor skill rather than bad luck.
Hitting the post is a fine line. On another day you lose that game 4-1. Count your lucky stars and move on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back