2016/17 Melbourne Victory Thread - It just wasn't to be

Remove this Banner Ad

How the **** did we not win that game.

If Troisi passed that ball to Beister from the FK in the last couple minutes he wouldve had a free run in the box and could've whipped it in

u could feel the tension then. troisi clearly ignoring him

No what happened?
The 50 guys that were booing last week stayed back and were singing 'Melbourne Boys are Still Number One' after the new guys left. I think they were part of Horda because they were all wearing hoodies and a couple had balaclavas...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

listening to his interview post game it was partially about me me me, i scored, we won but i scored. I feel he's been told by FFA to sprouk up the game, the team.
I heard him on SEN when he was just announced and he mentioned how he was the only player to do this, only player to do that.

Love him as a Socceroo but felt ever since then that he has some serious tickets on himself

Also one that got away... Complete domination from what I score.. 1 slip up got them i front and we had more chances than I get playing FIFA and couldn't capitalise

One of the most frustrating nights i've had as a Victory fan. Feels more like a loss really deflated.

20 shots for one goal! Shithouse!!!!

Muscat lost it tonight with his subs it really lost us the chance to win the game.

Ingham on instead of Biester wtf??
then taking Rojas off instead of Berisha who looked out of sorts.
Mahazei again?? Get ****ed!!!

Dominated from start to finish, had plenty of chances but it was just one of those nights. Very frustrating.

Was Muscat taking the piss with his subs? I have never rated him as a coach but those changes were diabolical even by his standards.

Hey guys,
Just wondering what sort of role the South End play in active support. Watched the second half yesterday and could not hear a peep out of them, as well as being half empty. Aren't they active as well?

Dominated from start to finish, had plenty of chances but it was just one of those nights. Very frustrating.

Was Muscat taking the piss with his subs? I have never rated him as a coach but those changes were diabolical even by his standards.

His subs have always left us wanderering since day dot. If there is one thing holding Muscat back as a manager it's his substitutions and timing of them.
Hey guys,
Just wondering what sort of role the South End play in active support. Watched the second half yesterday and could not hear a peep out of them, as well as being half empty. Aren't they active as well?

The South Ends role is to drink piss then even more piss and then sing when we feel like it. :)

His subs have always left us wanderering since day dot. If there is one thing holding Muscat back as a manager it's his substitutions and timing of them.

The South Ends role is to drink piss then even more piss and then sing when we feel like it. :)
Cool thanks.
Anyone else think that..
1:New actives were good last night.
2:Low crowd could of been because of work Christmas parties?

Cool thanks.
Anyone else think that..
1:New actives were good last night.
2:Low crowd could of been because of work Christmas parties?

I haven't seen or heard anyone claiming the new north end supporters were good last night, it sounded like a funeral on the tv.

Blaming weather or Christmas parties is just looking for excuses IMHO. The Wellington Cup Eve game this season had nearly 5k fewer than last season. The Wanderers game this season had 2k fewer than the corresponding Etihad game last season against Adelaide - despite Wanderers fans generally travelling more than Adelaide fans; and it had 4k less than the Etihad game against the Wanderers last season - which was in February, after we'd been playing like s**t for 2 months. The Perth game last season the day after Boxing Day - a s**t of a time to try and get a crowd with people going away and Boxing Day + Big Bash competing for supporters - had 6.5k more than last night.

Last nights crowd was lower than every home game last season bar 1 (vs Newcastle on the much-hated 5pm Sunday slot that was on Grand Prix day).
It was lower than every home crowd in the 2014/15 league and championship winning season.

If we want to blame the 2nd lowest home attendance in 3 seasons on Christmas parties, we haven't got a prayer of recognising or fixing the problem.

Whether or not Victory want to believe (or not) that the lower crowds are even partly related to "terrace politics", this is an issue they need to figure out and work to rectify ASAP.

I haven't seen or heard anyone claiming the new north end supporters were good last night, it sounded like a funeral on the tv.

Blaming weather or Christmas parties is just looking for excuses IMHO. The Wellington Cup Eve game this season had nearly 5k fewer than last season. The Wanderers game this season had 2k fewer than the corresponding Etihad game last season against Adelaide - despite Wanderers fans generally travelling more than Adelaide fans; and it had 4k less than the Etihad game against the Wanderers last season - which was in February, after we'd been playing like s**t for 2 months. The Perth game last season the day after Boxing Day - a s**t of a time to try and get a crowd with people going away and Boxing Day + Big Bash competing for supporters - had 6.5k more than last night.

Last nights crowd was lower than every home game last season bar 1 (vs Newcastle on the much-hated 5pm Sunday slot that was on Grand Prix day).
It was lower than every home crowd in the 2014/15 league and championship winning season.

If we want to blame the 2nd lowest home attendance in 3 seasons on Christmas parties, we haven't got a prayer of recognising or fixing the problem.

Whether or not Victory want to believe (or not) that the lower crowds are even partly related to "terrace politics", this is an issue they need to figure out and work to rectify ASAP.
Just what some guys on the Victory forum were saying....
Also, areas like the South End wouldn't decide not to go because of the NT situation. ST was 1/2 empty last night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back