2016/17 Melbourne Victory Thread - It just wasn't to be

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd like it twice if I could.

Is the club posting these somewhere, or are you just youtubeing them yourself?

This one might be one of my favourite/most memorable derbies. As recently as 2 weeks ago when people were being critical of Besart I could still replay that goal early in the 2nd half in my head. Pure :fire::fire::fire:

Barbarouses also killed it that night, and from memory it might be the last derby that Archie truly had a magic input to.

Don't forget our 3-0 demolition of City in the finals couple years ago. Another GOAT moment.
Way too many bad memories
If ever there was a week for us to be had this could be it. Lots of games in 12 days.
BUT
We do lift for MV games.
SO
Will be happy with a point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another one of my favourite derbies that one, for a few reasons.
1) was that Barba volley. I remember watching it live and thinking he'd pulled it out of his arse... but then with every replay you got progressively greater opinion of what a cracking goal it was.
2) was that it was one of a handful of games towards the end of that season that LT almost became a cult hero. How a very vocal Victory fanbase didn't rise up when Vukovic was signed to be the first choice keeper was quite surprising, and even moreso in hindsight. That highlights package didn't do justice to what a good game he had that night.
3) it was still the pre-Wilson article era where we didn't go all Mrs Lovejoy every time there was a flare or a smokebomb. That game is one of a few derbies here and in Sydney that really further the argument that, done safely, they're a pretty cool element to football.

Another one of my favourite derbies that one, for a few reasons.
1) was that Barba volley. I remember watching it live and thinking he'd pulled it out of his arse... but then with every replay you got progressively greater opinion of what a cracking goal it was.
2) was that it was one of a handful of games towards the end of that season that LT almost became a cult hero. How a very vocal Victory fanbase didn't rise up when Vukovic was signed to be the first choice keeper was quite surprising, and even moreso in hindsight. That highlights package didn't do justice to what a good game he had that night.
3) it was still the pre-Wilson article era where we didn't go all Mrs Lovejoy every time there was a flare or a smokebomb. That game is one of a few derbies here and in Sydney that really further the argument that, done safely, they're a pretty cool element to football.
Great last point mate. Agree 100%!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back