2016/17 Melbourne Victory Thread - It just wasn't to be

Remove this Banner Ad

Christ that's an incredibly good win, and a really encouraging one going forward.

The Victory of last season drop their bundle with the sending off and lose that. We should be really heartened not only by how gutsy that was, but how much smarter we played the last 20 minutes or so than we have in previous seasons. Valeri is the best on ground for mine cos that came from his leadership and his direction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

******* NT finally woke up after the Bes card and holy s**t it sounded amazing in there. Best atmosphere I've ever been involved in.

This is a champion team, much like the team of '14/15 season.
It feels the same, just like that season, we have a match in hand due to extreme weather, don't have to worry about the ACL and can focus here.

I don't think there is a word in the dictionary for how I would feel if we beat Sydney FC in the final.

Last edited:
What a win! that one was all Heart!!

A few points..
Troisi ran the show in that first 30min the free kick was a peach and the lead up and through ball to Rojas for the second was absolutely world class!
Patratos Free Kick just WOW!! what a bullet!!
The red card to Berisha was a joke, Beath is campaigner!
The atmosphere in the last 30mins was sensational we rode the team home, just outstanding by every one of us at the ground! We def where the Eleventh Man!!

Last edited:
For those who regularly attend, what is FBK's role? I watched him closely tonight and he didn't really do anything. Didn't provide much of a target when we played on his side of the wing, they were giving him plenty of space to get in behind the defender but he did * all. In the 80th min he started running and calling for the ball and I said to the person I was with he must've been told hes being subbed and sure enough a few minutes later he was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back