2016/17 Melbourne Victory Thread - It just wasn't to be

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Kev had to make changes. Can't go in with almost unchanged squad.

yep big mistake by kev especially after we had to play with 10 men for almost half a match on Friday night, They looked stuffed!
should have at least started Austin and Biewster.

Dadadadaaaaaa

Cancelled
Aug 24, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
That was Garbage! players looked lazy and disinterested, not confidant in getting a result in Perth.
Couldn't agree more. Part of me is stunned from what I have seen, full credit to Wellington by the way, but with our talent we just didn't want it badly enough. Berisha has to of won the Worst on Ground performance, should of stayed on side and got us 1-1. Our defense was poor, the forwards looked lazy and Thomas in goals might want to look over his shoulder as there is a guy who kept a clean sheet on debut waiting.

Need to be more fired up for Perth.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
You could tell most of the team were stuffed.
Really bad team selection thinking we would win with the same team at 70-80%.

Would've been a good opportunity for Ingham, Georgievski and Austin to start.

Kev had to make changes. Can't go in with almost unchanged squad.

Beister should've started IMO

yep big mistake by kev especially after we had to play with 10 men for almost half a match on Friday night, They looked stuffed!
should have at least started Austin and Biewster.

Am sure Kev will come under scrutiny for team selection and he should. Said to my mate before the game this isn't the EPL where players get use to playing mid week games, this is the A League and considering the distances we have to travel over the next week it was ignorant (at best) to roll out the same team. Ingham, Austin, Georgievski, Baro and Maxi should have all started. Why on earth we accepted Maxi on loan if after 3 months he is unable to play more than 10 minutes bewilders me, we are surely paying part of his wage to. I just don't get it, the guy has obvious talent which makes it even more bewildering if we took on a guy who has a terrible attitude that could upset the team dynamic.

Thomas was best on ground imo and even then he probably should have come early for that last goal. The refereeing was woeful again (on both sides), every slight brush of an opponent was rewarded with a free kick.

Back