2016/17 Melbourne Victory Thread - It just wasn't to be

Remove this Banner Ad

Crazy overkill. Walked past about seven of them in a row half-covered in riot gear sitting atop horses while the fans just laughed.

Nice ovation for Fahid, doesn't sound good for his future though. Pity, he's a super intelligent and perceptive guy. I hope he stays with us in some capacity.
There were 4 of them outside the citylink emergency exit/maintance entrance.
Ive been to a derby and a big blue along with a couple other games and that was the biggest police presence Ive seen.

I may have had a few pints but I thought Rojas had one of his quiter nights, that goal was unbelievable but when he got MoM I was dumbfounded.

On FBK, the guys around me were saying he has had (another) bit of an argument with Kev and that's the reason he is out. I would hate to think that we're leaving him out because we don't want him to trigger a clause in his contract, that kind of stuff can lose the dressing room pretty quickly. I'd be filthy if it was true.

I may have had a few pints but I thought Rojas had one of his quiter nights, that goal was unbelievable but when he got MoM I was dumbfounded.

On FBK, the guys around me were saying he has had (another) bit of an argument with Kev and that's the reason he is out. I would hate to think that we're leaving him out because we don't want him to trigger a clause in his contract, that kind of stuff can lose the dressing room pretty quickly. I'd be filthy if it was true.

Missed the game but would be very upset if our season gets derailed due to the FBK situation.

If he had the form and attitude of last season I'd back the club in but he's simply been in our best 11 this season with some very good performances this season.

Whatever the issue is it needs to be resolved ASAP

Big game this weekend.
We need to take the points.

Also we need to resolve the FBK situation.
There's no way known that he Isn't in our best 11.
Mitch Austin and Jai Ingham aren't anywhere near his level as a footballer. This is making us weaker at the moment.

Very disappointed at the clubs management of this situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So dunno if this has been discussed as I think I skipped a few pages but wtf is this deal with FBK? Something to do with a trigger clause? Do Victory not want to sign him or what?

mate I'm sure you can make up your own mind! No need for your cousin to make it for you, if you not comfortable supporting City them don't!
Haha I'm not sure I'm comfortable supporting Victory though;)
If we were still Heart I'd be very passionate, but I'm still not 100% into City, u know?

Haha I'm not sure I'm comfortable supporting Victory though;)
If we were still Heart I'd be very passionate, but I'm still not 100% into City, u know?

I didn't ask you to support Victory, I'm not gonna dictate who you should support but seems to me you don't feel to comfortable with City and the take over of Heart.

So what is the key difference you have notice between Heart and City that makes you uncomfortable in your support? Is the match day experience different? is the fact they are starting to now shove just about the last remnants of Heart away bug you? are the fans different? etc.. etc.. mate

you have me intrigued..

Last edited:
So dunno if this has been discussed as I think I skipped a few pages but wtf is this deal with FBK? Something to do with a trigger clause? Do Victory not want to sign him or what?
looks like the club are reluctant to sign him next season with the price he's asking and don't want to trigger the clause until they come to an acceptable agreement that's my take anyway. Either that or the club have made up it's mind they don't want him next season and don't want to trigger the clause so they don't have to pay him out! that's bad if true and I will be filthy on the club if that's so because it could potentially effect other players current and in future those wanting to come to the club. Even more filthy this whole saga can cost us a championship by not having our best players out on the park in which FBK is one.

I didn't ask you to support Victory, I'm not gonna dictate who you should support but seems to me you don't feel to comfortable with City and the take over of Heart.

So what is the key difference you have notice between Heart and City that makes you uncomfortable in your support? does the match day experience feel different? is the fact they are starting to now shove just about the last remnants of Heart away bug you? are the fans different? etc.. etc.. mate

you have me intrigued..
Haha;)
Even though Heart was a dive, and our crowds were s**t, the ones who were there were passionate. Yeah, it was a dive, but it was OUR dive, you know? We never came to games expecting to win, it was just out of love for the club. Some Heart games are still ensconced in my memory from 6 years ago, whereas I can't think of too many City games that are like that. We were the underdog, and who doesn't love an underdog?
It would have been forgiven if as City we had won something, maybe bought in a great coach. But no, we were still stuck with ******* JVS, and we still are yet to win something of note. (FFA Cup doesn't count)
Put it this way. Engalaar's halfway goal is still stuck in my mind, whearas I've forgotten Cahill's already.
Heart felt like OUR team, City feels like the CFG's team.

Watched that earlier, all those penalties, I think it was 11 from memory...All bar 3 bottom left hand corner. Anyone know how many have been saved? Change it up man!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back