NCAA 2016/17 NCAA - Bowl Season [Dec 18 - Jan 10]

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw this on Reddit

/u/burmp_39 741 points 5 hours ago*

Friendly reminder that Oklahoma head coach Bob Stoops saw the video, and decided to keep Mixon on the team.

Friendly reminder that Oklahoma head coach Bob Stoops somehow knew nothing about Dede Westbrook allegedly "throwing the mother of his two children to the ground in 2012 and biting the same woman's arm and punching her with a closed fist in 2013, according to police reports."

Friendly reminder that Oklahoma head coach Bob Stoops let Dorial Green-Beckham on the team after DGB got kicked out of Missouri for two marijuana arrests and then allegedly pushing a female Missouri student down 4 flights of stairs and had a felony warrant for first degree burglary.

Friendly reminder that Oklahoma head coach Bob Stoops let Frank Shannon back on the team after a Title IX investigation ended with him suspended for a year for sexual assault (he would have been expelled had the investigatory panel's recommendation not been overturned by OU's VP for student affairs).

Friendly reminder that Oklahoma head coach Bob Stoops let Justin Chaisson on the team after he kidnapped his girlfriend and threatened to kill her with a screwdriver. - thanks to /u/cms186 for the heads up

Friendly reminder that Oklahoma head coach Bob Stoops allowed Josh Jarboe on the team after his two felony gun charges were pleaded down to misdemeanors. However, Jarboe eventually was dismissed from the team after a YouTube video of him rapping about shooting people surfaced on the Internet.

Oklahoma head coach Bob Stoops, ladies and gentlemen.

Why do people have to distinguish whether the victim was a woman or not?
We should people get punished more if they stroke a woman rather than a man.
And why is there such a negative stigma on it?

Still cant believe that original rape laws were written to only protect women. So when a case came up when a woman raped a boy they had to change the wording.

As much as i agree this is bad and coaches who cover the s**t up should get the sack. I hate society just as much for acting like its worse for the reason the victim was a woman (or child)

Why do people have to distinguish whether the victim was a woman or not?
We should people get punished more if they stroke a woman rather than a man.
And why is there such a negative stigma on it?

Still cant believe that original rape laws were written to only protect women. So when a case came up when a woman raped a boy they had to change the wording.

As much as i agree this is bad and coaches who cover the s**t up should get the sack. I hate society just as much for acting like its worse for the reason the victim was a woman (or child)

Well I suppose we know that millions of women around the world are abused (and many many murdered) by men in relationships. One of the reasons for this is the male feels he is physically superior and therefore takes advantage. I'm not sure the leveof abuse the other way is quite the same.

I don't like the selfish culture emanating from Stanford and Lsu by players who are refusing to play for the school just to not risk hurting draft position.

You don't see players from Alabama or Boise state do that. Jesse Williams, jay ajayi, Jamal Taylor. Just 3 players off the top of my head who played through injuries in bowl games because they felt they were capable of playing. Those players have heart.

Who would want to draft players who just think of self preservation. Thankgod Atlanta don't need a running back this year. I'd hate to draft fournette or mccaffrey

I don't like the selfish culture emanating from Stanford and Lsu by players who are refusing to play for the school just to not risk hurting draft position.

You don't see players from Alabama or Boise state do that. Jesse Williams, jay ajayi, Jamal Taylor. Just 3 players off the top of my head who played through injuries in bowl games because they felt they were capable of playing. Those players have heart.

Who would want to draft players who just think of self preservation. Thankgod Atlanta don't need a running back this year. I'd hate to draft fournette or mccaffrey

McCaffery didnt need to play in the bowl game, its better for Stanford he sits so they can use it to see how the other backs deal with a bigger load. sure its not ideal, but no cares about the sun bowl. Andrew Luck skipped the sun bowl to prevent injuries his first year as starter. Scouts already know what he can do, If it was a decent bowl he would of played.

Fournette could be hurting his stock [i think he will be a bust anyway] with him always injured and failing on the big stages. Cook is by far the best RB in the draft next year. and if FSU wasnt in a NY6 Bowl Cook might of skipped his bowl also.

Both players have had injuries this year and dont want to risk something worse happening like Jaylon Smith last year

Boise players cant skip bowl games because its one of the few times they play in a national game. and they dont get first round grades.

Alabama players just dont even bother playing when they dont make a good bowl, look at the cotton bowl a few years ago they just gave up against Oklahoma after 1 drive. If Alabama ended up in the Independence bowl dont think they wouldnt have players sit out.

This happens every year with the bowl games that most dont care about.
Its ok for coaches to leave and not take the bowl commitments but players cant skip games.

^^This. Whilst I can see the argument that some of these are shitty bowls, you play the season out regardless, be about the team.

Some of these guys will get drafted to NFL teams that struggle and will play dead rubbers late in the year. If you're the Browns for example, what does this tell you about McCaffery and Fournette?*

*perhaps in the case of the Browns this is exactly what they want to say to them. :p

The only good thing I can see coming of this is that it could mean the death of the bowl game and an expanded playoff.

Still dont see the playoffs getting expanded for a few years, and when it does i think it might go to 6 teams first.

I dont understand why FBS is still the only ones who dont do a full playoff system. get rid of cupcake weekends which will shorten the season by 1-2 weeks. so they wont need to play too many extra games.

The only good thing I can see coming of this is that it could mean the death of the bowl game and an expanded playoff.

It won't kill the bowl game, but hopefully it provides the motivation to start shrinking the bowl season.

Still dont see the playoffs getting expanded for a few years, and when it does i think it might go to 6 teams first.

6 means a week off though. In this year Bama surely deserves it, but would any of the other 3 deserve such an advantage?

I dont understand why FBS is still the only ones who dont do a full playoff system. get rid of cupcake weekends which will shorten the season by 1-2 weeks. so they wont need to play too many extra games.

Shortening the season means non-CC or playoff teams play 10-11 games, not sure schools will go for that.

Perhaps the solution is to turn minor bowl games into almost 'play-in' games for the bigger bowls, such as the remaining NY6 games.

For example, top 8 playoff and earn automatic NY6 berths leaving 4 spots, in that week teams ranked 9th to 16th play 'sub-bowl' games to fill those final 4 spots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bowl season is full of disappointment for all but a handful of games.

You have to wonder how some of them make money, clearly not through gate receipts. There were dozens of people at the Miami Bowl today.

Bowl season is full of disappointment for all but a handful of games.

You have to wonder how some of them make money, clearly not through gate receipts. There were dozens of people at the Miami Bowl today.

A game to put on TV and no players to pay.

Wyoming with a nice 4th Q comeback. down to a 3 point BYU lead just over 2 mins left and all 3 TO's. BYU also had starting Safety ejected late in the 3rd for targeting. kinda started the comeback.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back