2016/17 NFL season

Remove this Banner Ad

The new season kicks off Friday morning our time, anyone placed down division multis or Super Bowl winner season long bets?

As I bet on it last year, Sportsbet have sent me an exclusive special available right up until the start of the first game where if I place a $100 bet on a SB winner, I'll get $20 bonus bets for every game that team wins. Anyone else receive one?

I was big on both New England and Green Bay last year due to their attacking strengths, and they will go into this season as my top two favs again. But there are a couple of things to factor in.

Make or break for GB really, and NE faces the challenge of starting the season off without Brady. Due to this surely it is safer to try and lay NE in the event they falter the first few games without Brady, and jump on when their odds inflate?

Carolina should figure once again, but I read a juicy stat that only 2 teams in history have won the SuperBowl after finishing runners-up. Interesting.

Took Cincinatti ($17s) with pretty much the same offer with WilliamHill, but $50 bet & $10 free bets for each win.

yeah i'm not confident at all. but i think it's a safe bet to win more than 6 and a small chance to double the money up with 10.

I think you will make the Playoffs but would have thought someone like the Packers is the best bet in terms of a really high win total given they have an easy schedule and Minnesota has had those issues.

I think you will make the Playoffs but would have thought someone like the Packers is the best bet in terms of a really high win total given they have an easy schedule and Minnesota has had those issues.

Hence why the Bengals are a $17 shot instead of a $7 shot.

I know * all about NFL too believe it or not. Haha.

Ended up putting on a couple of season long bets, and will continue to bet on a few matches across the weeks.

$100 @ $9 GB SuperBowl Champ
(Sportsbet Promo: $20 BB for every GB win)

$50 @ $11 Steelers SuperBowl Champ
(William Hill Promo: $10 BB for every Steelers win)

$113 @ $7.13 - GB, NE Pats, Carolina, Steelers (Division Winners)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

American sports are the worst to bet on. Not much better than playing roulette

The pro U.S bettors go alright from what I've seen....Tail the top guys in the Westgate supercontest is a good start.....Another really important factor is -/+ lines these pros harp on about.The pros love betting on +3.5,+7.5,+10.5 teams..if the team you like is +1 or + 2.5 the pros will take H2H market.

The pro U.S bettors go alright from what I've seen....Tail the top guys in the Westgate supercontest is a good start.....Another really important factor is -/+ lines these pros harp on about.The pros love betting on +3.5,+7.5,+10.5 teams..if the team you like is +1 or + 2.5 the pros will take H2H market.
How do you know who the top guys are and what they're picks are though?

How do you know who the top guys are and what they're picks are though?

Go to the comp site and their picks are posted by around noon Sunday WST.....The guys to follow: dessert cottontail - Michael Andrew- Ejoc-fade material-olguita-sportsrage-rough rider 39-TD love Machine to name a few....All these guys hit above 62% in last year's contest ....they make five picks per wk for the contest.These guys are playing to win around a million bucks for first place.

Hey guys, most of you will know me over on the AFL boards. But if you don't, I cap my own totals in AFL and giving NFL a crack this season. I'll try and post picks on here weekly, check out @NFLtotals (instagram) and @NFLtotals_ (twitter)

Alright Guys let me show yas how it'd done.

Bengals +3.5 & ML +150
Dolphins +6.5 & ML +230
Browns +6.5 & ML +220
Rams. + 6.5 & ML +235
Saints. + 5. & ML +170
Titans. +6.5. & ML +210
Falcons +5. & ML +170

What do the first four picks have in common? That's right!! Division showdowns. Always gotta SHARP and take the dog in this instance. Reckon I can hit 5-2ats and snag at least 3 ML Dogs

Bengals +3.5 & ML +150
Dolphins +6.5 & ML +230
Browns +6.5 & ML +220
Rams. + 6.5 & ML +235
Saints. + 5. & ML +170
Titans. +6.5. & ML +210
Falcons +5. & ML +170

What do the first four picks have in common? That's right!! Division showdowns. Always gotta SHARP and take the dog in this instance. Reckon I can hit 5-2ats and snag at least 3 ML Dogs
Love the Titans & Rams plays - believe both can win outright too. Aaron Donald to cause some chaos :D

Bengals +3.5 & ML +150
Dolphins +6.5 & ML +230
Browns +6.5 & ML +220
Rams. + 6.5 & ML +235
Saints. + 5. & ML +170
Titans. +6.5. & ML +210
Falcons +5. & ML +170

Goes to show the importance of the Best line in town (BLIT). Could have gotten +7 for the dolphins earlier during the week which a sharp would have done but the ravens ended up covering the kick off line also.

Achieved what I set out to achieve going 5-2 with 3 winning Su. Left out out the cowboys due to them being the square public based on the dead skins stinker last MNF but it goes to show that ya can't go wrong with an underdog in a division showdown. It's 3 out 5 this week for dogs in division games straight with packers at Vikings pending.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back