2016-17 NHL Season

Remove this Banner Ad

What the hell is going on in Dallas?
They were cruising at 3-0 with under 5 minutes to go until the last break, I come back from my break and the Preds are 4-3 up 5 minutes into the last so 4 goals given up in under 10 minutes!
Press added a EN to make it 5-3.
Habs look in free fall aswell, belted by the B's and whilst a month ago I thought they were safe they are now only 6 points ahead of the Sens who have 5 games in hand

What the hell is going on in Dallas?
They were cruising at 3-0 with under 5 minutes to go until the last break, I come back from my break and the Preds are 4-3 up 5 minutes into the last so 4 goals given up in under 10 minutes!
Press added a EN to make it 5-3.
Habs look in free fall aswell, belted by the B's and whilst a month ago I thought they were safe they are now only 6 points ahead of the Sens who have 5 games in hand

We are horrendously bad defensively..

Last year we were ordinary defensively but had the skillset to at least move the puck out of the zone quickly, and through great passing keep it in our offensive zone. Minimising the defensive chances we had to stop.

The main difference is we are weaker defensively and have fewer players comppsed enough to get the puck out of the zone effectively...giving opposition way too much time in our own zone, i actually think the goalies have been "average"...not horrendous compared to what everyone says. Just facing way too many open clean chances each night.

For example i believe karis 5 on 5 save % is .935...not the worst, but the def in front of him is killing him.

Throw in the offense is banged up and not as good as last year where it bailed out the defense alot..less chemistry too.

We are a lottery team this year..kills me. But nill built this hole by having a plan of skating 3 or 4 rookie blue liners each night.

We are horrendously bad defensively..

Last year we were ordinary defensively but had the skillset to at least move the puck out of the zone quickly, and through great passing keep it in our offensive zone. Minimising the defensive chances we had to stop.

The main difference is we are weaker defensively and have fewer players comppsed enough to get the puck out of the zone effectively...giving opposition way too much time in our own zone, i actually think the goalies have been "average"...not horrendous compared to what everyone says. Just facing way too many open clean chances each night.

For example i believe karis 5 on 5 save % is .935...not the worst, but the def in front of him is killing him.

Throw in the offense is banged up and not as good as last year where it bailed out the defense alot..less chemistry too.

We are a lottery team this year..kills me. But nill built this hole by having a plan of skating 3 or 4 rookie blue liners each night.
You are still around the playoff bubble, can you see any moves before deadline day or just go with what you have and write the season off?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are still around the playoff bubble, can you see any moves before deadline day or just go with what you have and write the season off?

Today was the final nail..had we won wed be 2 games out and probably still in the hunt..but likely 4 back now after our break. And were simply not good enough for the playoffs.

I think we will trade eaves, sharp and maybe hudler..Hopefully get a top 5 pick and retool in the off season

Today was the final nail..had we won wed be 2 games out and probably still in the hunt..but likely 4 back now after our break. And were simply not good enough for the playoffs.

I think we will trade eaves, sharp and maybe hudler..Hopefully get a top 5 pick and retool in the off season
Someone said your lot were in the market for Fleury. I don't know what we want for him, but he won't be cheap.

That's a shocker by Calgary. With a playoff spot within reach and they serve that rubbish up on home ice against close to the worst side in the league.

The South Stars getting MAF makes absolutely no sense at this stage.
Six points out having played two more games than the bottom wild card team (Kings) with two other clubs to leapfrog. The only thing going for them there is it is the Canucks and the Flames in front of them. They also won't win any tie-breakers with only 22 ROWs, so it might as well be seven points back. They have no chance.
On top of all that, from what I've seen of Lehtonen and MAF this season, one can't proclaim MAF to be much better, if at all, than Lehtonen. They're contracts are almost the same (Lehtonen gets 150k more/season). The South Stars would have to somehow offload Lehtonen ($5.9M) or Niemi ($4.5M) to make room.
And after all that, the South Stars would have to be on MAF's list of 18 teams he can be traded to or he would have to waive the no trade clause, he might be happy enough to makes his way out to Sin City.

The South Stars getting MAF makes absolutely no sense at this stage.
Six points out having played two more games than the bottom wild card team (Kings) with two other clubs to leapfrog. The only thing going for them there is it is the Canucks and the Flames in front of them. They also won't win any tie-breakers with only 22 ROWs, so it might as well be seven points back. They have no chance.
On top of all that, from what I've seen of Lehtonen and MAF this season, one can't proclaim MAF to be much better, if at all, than Lehtonen. They're contracts are almost the same (Lehtonen gets 150k more/season). The South Stars would have to somehow offload Lehtonen ($5.9M) or Niemi ($4.5M) to make room.
And after all that, the South Stars would have to be on MAF's list of 18 teams he can be traded to or he would have to waive the no trade clause, he might be happy enough to makes his way out to Sin City.

I think i read he has a monster cap hit next year too...

Anyway...if we are going after a goalie, id still prefer bishop in the off season ...despite an underwhelming year...i think hes a better option

MAF's cap hit is the same throughout his contract $5.75M until '18/19
Lehtonen has one more season at $5.9M

Not sure Bishop would be much of a fit in Dallas yet, goaltender has to do a lot of moving around between the pipes in Dallas, that's not Bishop's game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back