2016-17 NHL Season

Remove this Banner Ad

True. Even Hab fans would see that bright side if they lose though.

No playoff series together since 1979, the Leafs have become a bit of a nonentity to a lot of Habs fan, the Leafs are somewhat like an annoying younger brother who one can easily put into their place when they get too annoying.

Just remembered they are playing for a spot on the other side of the Wales bracket so it doesn't really matter for Montréal.

I'd rather have Tampa in it, they would provide a better opponent for the Crapitals.

I don't think time matters too much between rivals like that.

Lack of competitiveness does.

The last competitive playoff series between the Habs and the Leafs was in '67, also the last time the Leafs won a playoff game against Montréal. Not many fans can remember that one.

Oilers may meet Flames in their first playoff match-up since forever. Fans across the province will be as passionate as ever.

They have always been in the same division. Competitive playoff series that most fans can remember or at least watch in colour.

One of the more stupid things the NHL did was split Toronto and Montreal into different divisions, I think it was in '74.

Not much to talk about tonight so I'm just going to say I pumped to be going to the game tomorrow! Not much pressure on Oilers now but I'm hoping they can put on a show. I'll be in between my Canuck mates wearing blue and orange :D
I hope you smash us

Would be cool if they were still in the same division.

They rejoined in '98.

I know old and young Leaf and Canadian fans though and there is still a strong dislike of each other.

No doubt, but not like it used to be and a far second rivalry at the moment to the Bruins, it would be very distant third if the Nordiques were still in Quebec.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the Leafs can pick up 2 points from home games against sides who will rest players then they don't deserve to be in the playoffs. I think they will get the points against a weakened Pens side tomorrow and seal the deal, wouldn't mind seeing it go to the final day though

Interesting Connor McDavid stat of the day:

In 5v5 minutes this season:

In two games against the Oilers, Erik Karlsson spent 27:42 time on ice versus Connor McDavid (no 5 v 5 points, 6 McDavid shot attempts)

In five games against the Oilers, Brent Burns spent 16:10 time on ice versus Connor McDavid (also no 5v5 points, 8 McDavid shot attempts)

Holy sheltered minutes, Batman!

Interesting Connor McDavid stat of the day:

In 5v5 minutes this season:

In two games against the Oilers, Erik Karlsson spent 27:42 time on ice versus Connor McDavid (no 5 v 5 points, 6 McDavid shot attempts)

In five games against the Oilers, Brent Burns spent 16:10 time on ice versus Connor McDavid (also no 5v5 points, 8 McDavid shot attempts)

Holy sheltered minutes, Batman!
It's not sheltered minutes. When you have Marc-Edouard Vlasic and Justin Braun on your team as lock down defenders (One being up there as one of the best in the world), you're going to have them play a lot more time against Connor McDavid than Brent Burns.

In direct Norris Trophy competition to Erik Karlsson it's sheltered minutes vs McDavid and others.
Astounding numbers.
Sure, if you look at it on purely statistics, rather than actually looking at the teams. The Senators do not have a Vlasic to put out against McDavid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back