2016/17 Perth Glory Thread-20 Years of Glory..Castro for Premier!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly seems like there are some major issues at PGFC unfortunately.

Risdon jumping ship to WSW, the Rhys Williams saga, our patchy and indifferent form all points to issues with the culture and leadership for mine.

I don't think Kenny's the man, but equally, I think any manager would struggle while Sage is owner and Chairman, and Jacob Burns is still involved.

Ange wrote in his book about meeting Clive Palmer about the Gold Coast job and Clive started talking about the input he wanted in team selection. Ange told him to GAGF and there was no way he was taking a managerial job where the Chairman gets to have input into the team. Not saying that's the problem here but there are obviously serious issues.

I think the "issues" if there are any at all are being blown out of proportion. There is obviously something between Kenny and Williams and the coach is always going to win out. Risdon on the other hand was never going to be here next season. I was surprised he was here for this season.

I do agree that Sage needs to sell but he has tried in the past and nobody has wanted to buy us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did Griffiths purposely bait the ref into the straight red?

I think at that point he was fed up with the ref being so inept that he just decided to take one for the team and blast him.

It's more some players have had a spat with Andy Ord the assistant who can be a bit rambonctious by all reports. East Coast press make it out like we're to blame for the Williams saga too. Also, for those bagging out Sage he's kept away and out of the media since we had the new CEO.

Sorry to be positive as well but 4 goals in 5 games for Taggart. Not bad.

It's more some players have had a spat with Andy Ord the assistant who can be a bit rambonctious by all reports. East Coast press make it out like we're to blame for the Williams saga too. Also, for those bagging out Sage he's kept away and out of the media since we had the new CEO.

Sorry to be positive as well but 4 goals in 5 games for Taggart. Not bad.
Fair enough and good insight.

My comments earlier were more a general rant about the culture of the club and I believe Sage has to be at least partly accountable for that.

I've been very impressed with the new CEO.

The media interpretation of the Rhys Williams issue is frustrating. Not sure any of the people commenting actually watched him play. He was meant to be playing CB and kept getting sucked out of position as if he had in his head that he could win the ball, beat a couple of players and lob the keeper. He was arrogant and undisciplined and unwilling to play the role he'd been assigned. No wonder he was dropped!

Also, our front four of Keogh, Tags, Harold and Castro is starting to look the goods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back