2017/18 Scottish Football Thread (Not a 1 team league. It's an 11 team race for second)

Remove this Banner Ad

Another Highland derby, another Ross County victory. The Staggies won 3-2 to jump up to 6th place. Boyce scored twice, after a hat trick in the first derby, to remain the leagues leading scorer.

ICT remain on the bottom of the table, while RC are now 2 games clear of the relegation playoff place.

Well, this came alive with the Old Firm came to play. Darn Celtic winning again.

Not looking good for the other Rangers, the ones of English origin; on the bottom of the Scottish leagues, and could be booted to a place that shan't be mentioned. Though mind you, actual relegation there is actually heavily stacked in favour of the last placed team thanks to how the system works.

Another 2-1 defeat at home, this time against St. Johnstone, and the Staggies are sliding closer to the relegation positions. Would be terrible for the Highlands if both their teams are relegated from the Premier League.

Another 2-1 defeat at home, this time against St. Johnstone, and the Staggies are sliding closer to the relegation positions. Would be terrible for the Highlands if both their teams are relegated from the Premier League.
We are certainly not looking good, we haven't won a game in over 10 matches! There is only 8 points from bottom to sixth so a lot of movement is still possible thankfully.

Big thanks to the Dees for knocking off the Huns, gives us a nice little 6 point buffer in second. Might be the last time we reach those heights as I'd imagine within 2 years Rangers will be back to wrestling with Celtic for supremacy

We are certainly not looking good, we haven't won a game in over 10 matches! There is only 8 points from bottom to sixth so a lot of movement is still possible thankfully.
We haven't won this year either, but unlike our slump in October we are getting beaten by 3 or 4 goals either. The weekends loss was the third time in four games we conceded late to lose.
There are eight games to go before the split and five of those games are against fellow bottom 6 teams. Our form against teams like Rangers and Aberdeen suggest we should be able to win enough of those to stay a game or three above the bottom two spots. I hope. Desperately need Liam Boyce to regain his touch in front of goal.

Big thanks to the Dees for knocking off the Huns, gives us a nice little 6 point buffer in second. Might be the last time we reach those heights as I'd imagine within 2 years Rangers will be back to wrestling with Celtic for supremacy

Not the way theyre running the club at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw Lee Clark left Kilmarnock after exactly 1 year to become the new Bury manager.

Think I read Kilmarnock are now looking for their eighth manager in just 7 years.

Saw Lee Clark left Kilmarnock after exactly 1 year to become the new Bury manager.

Think I read Kilmarnock are now looking for their eighth manager in just 7 years.
Benitez would be good there imo

Benitez would be good there imo

We still have need of Rafa. Maybe they can try and get LVG to come out of retirement?

Or maybe once Moyes has achieved his greatest career achievement of sinking Blunderland, he might head back north over the border. :p

1-0 win away against Hearts has lifted the Staggies back to 9th, 5pts clear of ICT. Form hasn't been too bad, just haven't been getting the results needed. Until this morning.
We haven't been too bad against the top clubs this season, with the exception of Celtic of course.
Aberdeen - L0-4(A) W2-1(H) L0-1(A)
Rangers - D0-0(A) D1-1(H) D1-1(A)
Hearts - D0-0(A) D2-2(H) W1-0(A)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back