2016/17 Summer of Cricket - AUS vs India 2nd test- 4th innings

Remove this Banner Ad

Got to be more to it than that .

I don't think he rates maxwells bowling at all, or even part timers for that matter
Warner and himself should have both rolled the arm over in the last test instead of bowling Okeefe and Lyon into the ground

Very interesting session first up this morning.
Quick wickets and maintain a lead will be a good moral victory and see us go into 2nd dig with some momentum.
Let them slap 70-100 in quick time and it will prove fairly sapping for our blokes
I feel like having to chase anything over 150 will be very dangerous for us .

I don't think he rates maxwells bowling at all, or even part timers for that matter
Warner and himself should have both rolled the arm over in the last test instead of bowling Okeefe and Lyon into the ground
Not to mention bowling Cummins for 40 overs as well . Its very perplexing tbh.

To me this is line in the sand time for our batting line up . Failure to avoid defeat should have major repercussions with any review of the tour.
Yep. Depends a bit who it is I reckon.
Marsh, Warner, Handscomb and Maxwell need to produce.
Renshaw, Smith can be let off the hook.

I will let Handscomb off as well,only because he is a relative new comer , and Warner was due a quiet series (by his standards) , still it makes for an interesting last couple of days

First off it needs to be asked whether it's worth bringing warner on Asian tours anymore or should we try someone else.
Then whether or not Neville would have been more effective that wade who has admittedly kept well
Touring Bangladesh could be tricky on the back of this series

I don't understand why Smith doesn't bowl Maxwell (my tirades against Maxwell are against his selection rather than actually using him once he's selected).

But Maxwell was on the outer and not bowled even by Victoria when he was playing there.

Something is going on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Warner failed again.

I will let Handscomb off as well,only because he is a relative new comer , and Warner was due a quiet series (by his standards) , still it makes for an interesting last couple of days

Unfortunately Warner is due a quiet series on nearly every overseas tour. One of sports biggest home town bullies, the ball is in his court to change it.

Disappointing finish to an overall positive series for us. Given a 4-zip whitewash was expected, to win one and be in with a chance to win the three other tests is a good base to build on.

Also, is Aaron Finch in danger of becoming a competent first class batsman? 83 in the Shield final today and averaged over 50 for the season. Vics in an utterly dominant position after Jon Holland tore through yet another batting lineup with 7 wickets.

Disappointing finish to an overall positive series for us. Given a 4-zip whitewash was expected, to win one and be in with a chance to win the three other tests is a good base to build on.

Also, is Aaron Finch in danger of becoming a competent first class batsman? 83 in the Shield final today and averaged over 50 for the season. Vics in an utterly dominant position after Jon Holland tore through yet another batting lineup with 7 wickets.

I would seriously doubt finches could bat outside Australia with his lack of foot movement. He makes Warner look like Katich

Remove this Banner Ad

Back