News 2016-2017 general news thread

Remove this Banner Ad

He never said he played.

Still interested to hear how Surman went (if he did).
Me too. stem. He is one of the talls we need to show some quick improvement.
"flu like symptoms', weak as piss!!:D

If a player had anything as contagious as the flu, I could understand the club not wanting him mixing with other players.

Yes he did. He had a shot for goal from about 35m out and didn't even register a score.

Anyone can make a mistake as it is hard reporting on up to 25 players
But if Willsmore was not playing and you were caught out - simple - apologise and move on.

Anyone can make a mistake as it is hard reporting on up to 25 players
But if Willsmore was not playing and you were caught out - simple - apologise and move on.
Dallas was wearing number 70 according to the team list. Out on the ground a number 70, who had a striking resemblance to Dallas, was seen on multiple occasions.

Rather big deal about where Willsmore played or not.

If it wasn't him playing, whomever was wearing the number 70 was pretty lazy.

EDIT: 70 may have been Connor O'Sullivan, a BHH listed player. He was listed to wear 60, but there didn't appear to be a 60 on the field.

Billy Murphy also played the 2nd half even though he wasn't on the team list.

Last edited:
He played. I'm not going to argue. If Newtothegame thinks he didn't play, that's his call, but what I saw on numerous occasions from close up was a player that was wearing Willsmore's number, who looked exactly like Willsmore who never got out of 2nd gear.

A simple apology/acknowledgment to Newtothegame should resolve this matter:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the sake of the thread I'll agree that Willsmore did not play.

I'm not going to apologise though, instead I will tell newtothegame a story...

There once was a poster who used to frequent the Box Hill board and join in, in the game day threads.

So what, you ask?

This poster happened to be the father of a player that may or may not still be on Hawthorn's list. From the outside looking in, you wouldn't have known it was the father of a player.

This father is as dedicated as they come. Not based in Melbourne, he would travel to every Box Hill and Hawthorn game his son played in.

"Is there a point to this?", I can hear you mutter under your breath.

The player this man was the father to, was a player who would often have strongly negative match reports written about him from novice punters who only saw him play a few times throughout his Box Hill career right up to the most astute and smart football brain poster like Ordovician, halfback dasher and Number 24, amongst others.

Not once did this father ever pull them up on what they said about his son. For he was a man who knew that every person will see his son in a different light. This light was powered by preconceived ideas about his son and whether or not he lived up to these idea. He knew that everyone had a different preconceived idea and it didn't matter if it was the head coach or a once-a-year punter, they all still existed.

So whether or not he liked or disliked, agreed or disagreed with what was posted, he knew he couldn't change what the poster saw and remembered when they posted their player recap.

As he got used to the Box Hill board, he worked out who the astute reviewers were and would regularly engage with them and came to develop and great rapport with these posters. The astute posters knew who he was, and they came to learn that this father was not a helicopter parent who thought hugs and kisses could cure the world and they grew to learn that there was a lot of merit in what was posted about his son.

Sadly he no longer posts on this board as everyone on BigFooty has an end life. To me, he was the model parent poster. Not too scared to read what's said about their loved one and not too high and mighty to reject anything negative about their loved one.

The end.

Think you will all find that young Dallas was in Queensland waiting for Debbie to arrive. Always loved a good sequel.
The original was such a s**t movie, but it is the only one of its genre that anyone can remember. Go figure.

A diversion, I would assume. I thought he would have been big enough to just say sorry, instead he scratches around for reasons why he could have made an error..
Yeah, that's exactly why.

giphy.gif

Seriously? Pretty obvious what SLB was hinting at when relating that story.

Give it a rest everyone, it was an honest mistake that he's acknowledged. End of matter surely.
i dunno that last GIF was pretty good, if we keep prodding we might get more

Lowden's dad being a good bloke is irrelevant. I think there is enough evidence to support those that reported Lowden could not play.
You just couldn't help yourself having another go at Luke. The way you bagged him in front of his father was ordinary and surely it's about time you moved on :thumbsdown:.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back