Universal Love 2016/2017 Pre-season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah but you can have injuries early in the year AND injuries late in the year.

Of course if you can only choose one you'd choose early injuries, but in reality players could still get injured late in the season even if they copped early injuries

Injuries late in the year just means we go into games with injured players. Early in the year they're replaced.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Thommo has shown no evidence yet that he's over his shoulder

Might not be ready himself as it's apparently pretty chronic and if he has surgery he's probably done

What's the go there? I know he's missed games with a hammy and I think his groins are a bit suspect as seasons progress, but I can't remember him missing with a shoulder and yet apparently it's a long term issue.

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
What's the go there? I know he's missed games with a hammy and I think his groins are a bit suspect as seasons progress, but I can't remember him missing with a shoulder and yet apparently it's a long term issue.
must admit I knew he strapped his shoulders up more than most but I did not know he had a long term injury.
If so I must apologise to you for some of our early Thommo dicussion,

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
must admit I knew he strapped his shoulders up more than most but I did not know he had a long term injury.
If so I must apologise to you for some of our early Thommo dicussion,

Not sure why, it's only ever been his ability to cover ground across the last couple of full seasons that concerned me. Shoulders were never part of the equation. I guess it's not surprising given the way he's played throughout his career.

simmo97

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Pre-Season Matches plan
G1-Richmond play as many kids as possible and rest all stars.
G2-Geelong-play full strength line-up
G3-Brisbane-play full strength line-up

Sep 7, 2005
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Rams, UCLA Bruins
If I have a GA 3-game membership I can use the barcode to upgrade to seated tickets to specific games, right?

Yep. I did that for myself and my son last year for the Sydney game and the Geelong game. It was about $20 for a junior ticket upgrade and $30 for mine to lock in seats

Just used the GA for the 3rd game (Collingwood)

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
This is just a thought I had reading through these last few pages. Is it possible the AFC wanted to win the SANFL flag as well as the VFL one? If so, they would make sure they kept the SANFL team together as don't the rules say our players have to play the last few games. Didn't CEY have to get special permission to play in the finals? I maybe way off the mark but I thought I would mention it.
The rule which affected CEY is that players aren't allowed to play SANFL finals if their last game was at AFL level. Applying this rule in CEY's case would have been positively ludicrous, and the SANFL sensibly agreed to an exemption.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
All of these guys carry way more things than what we ever know about

Wouldn't be rare to be carrying 3 injuries at once and still get up to play , guessing he's carried this for a few years and then copped a knock that's made it unbearable

Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Anybody know how curtly Hampton is going?
Few people on this board think he may win the Brownlow

I'm happy if he becomes a role player , he offers a bit of size that we lack and we need him and Menzel to come on to push us to next level

Should get early games but watch pre season form where he will get midfield minutes

van peebles

Cancelled
10k Posts
Aug 12, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
Apparently he has been really impressive this preseason and has been mentioned by a few players as someone to watch this year. Training with the midfield. I'm excited to see what he can bring. What are your thoughts on him as a gws fan?
Loved him,He is a bit of a chris yarran type though,can be on and great or very bad.
Thanks for all the replies.

Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Crows are pretty hush hush pre-season wise these days but from all reports he's having a ripping pre-season so far pushing for a MF spot.

Yes, Hampton great, according to today's Smith article. Frankly, I prefer the secrecy policy, rather than Smith naively blurting out how we are going to copy the Bulldogs' midfield rotation policy this year! I really hope that we are also going to copy their determined attitude, but I expect we have overlooked that bit. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back