Universal Love 2016/2017 Pre-season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Love the way we always reference the bulldogs as a reason to focus on 'flexibility'.

Are we also going to copy the rest of their strategies:
Play only 1 kpf
Duck/lean/fall/collapse/wanganeen whenever someone comes near you
Throw the ball at every opportunity
Outcast one of our players because he had a joke with his brother
Pay a kid $1m per year for 7 years
Trade out our captain

Let's not fall into the Neil Craig mistake again by having an idea of a way to play which is not best for the team. McKay, Thommo, Crouch, Douglas, CEY, Walker...these guys are 1-D. Dont force them into a game style that doesn't fit
This is a pet hate of mine as well but hopefully it's just being put out there to keep the masses happy.

Judging by the decisions we've made over the pre season I'm expecting some bold changes.

If you had to, what established player in the AFL would you compare him to?

That's a hard one off the top of my head...that's like seeing into the future with development.
I'd say if all goes well he could maybe develop into a Leigh Montagna type player with his ability to break the lines with his speed and booming kick..

Love the way we always reference the bulldogs as a reason to focus on 'flexibility'.

Play only 1 kpf
Trade out our captain

Let's not fall into the Neil Craig mistake again by having an idea of a way to play which is not best for the team. McKay, Thommo, Crouch, Douglas, CEY, Walker...these guys are 1-D. Dont force them into a game style that doesn't fit

Sorry to keep hammering the point, but what we should be following from the Bulldogs is simply their uniform attitude, determination and pressure. This should be not negotiable and is independent of "game style".

Sorry to keep hammering the point, but what we should be following from the Bulldogs is simply their uniform attitude, determination and pressure. This should be not negotiable and is independent of "game style".
Got it in one...next thing pyke will be doing weights and growing his hair long

Do kids get in free to JLT games?
Children aged 6-14 as at 1 January 2017 are eligible to purchase a junior ticket. Children aged 5 and under as at 1 January 2017 are entitled to enter the ground at no charge; however they must not occupy a seat.

Persons aged 15 and over as at 1 January 2017 are classified as an adult, unless they hold valid Concession identification.

Play only 1 kpf
Trade out our captain

We should definitely do some of these things

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clearly never played (or more specifically tackled)
Soft tissue...Isn't finger tendons soft tissue?
Incorrect, played for Unley Jets

never popped a finger in a guernsey, so probably got lucky.
Did pull my nails back a few times from getting the jumper reefed out my hands but thats it. Oh and a couple of heels to the face after missing them :)

Email I got from Glenelg saying Jackson Edwards is training with their senior side. Might be another like Milera who spends most of his final year in the league side?

Half the under 18 team is training with the senior squad

But he should get games, but then again sharenberg had played for two years getting games in the senior team and didn't get picked up

The forgotten footballers set to make their comebacks in season 2017

TROY MENZEL
Remember this bloke? A first-round draft pick at Carlton who made his way to Adelaide in a trade that made many Blues fans furious. Turned up to his first pre-season out of shape and unfit and played an entire year in the SANFL. A former first-round pick who has well and truly been forgotten. From all reports Menzel has been one of the shining lights of the pre-season for the Crows, which is a good sign, and is set to make his first appearance in 2017 in Friday night's pre-season match against Richmond.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...comebacks-in-season-2017-20170222-guisn6.html

Remove this Banner Ad

Back