Universal Love 2016/2017 Pre-season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

He did, he was in a moon boot for a period in the PS.. think after an nab game.
I rekon he's had planar faciitis, something you can play with, however it can effect your comfort level.. especially in the AFL.
Sounds right .....i had it playing squash & it's an awful thing to have & bloody painful in the days after playing ....tried cortisone injections and an array of quacks to no avail

Sounds right .....i had it playing squash & it's an awful thing to have & bloody painful in the days after playing ....tried cortisone injections and an array of quacks to no avail
So you now agree Tex is moving better than this time last year. ;)

Sorry to disappoint everyone's love of players looking leaner and quicker, but Tex is no different to last season's pre-season, which the club also reported Tex had lost a few kgs
Another WW nonsense exaggerated post. "Everyone" and so he lost a few kgs last preseason and some more this preseason, doesn't that mean he's leaner :huh:

“The contest is always one of those things that dictate your ability to win your share (of the ball) and is never more highlighted than in finals when you generally get two really good teams fighting for the big prize,’’ Pyke said. “The numbers reflect we were probably just a bit off those sides who went deep into the finals.’’

8d3a59c00ae6d9b5e8792c7a1f1f5368

Adelaide Crows coach Don Pyke talks to captain Taylor Walker at training.
Pyke also noted how the Bulldogs, who won their first premiership in 62 years, beat finals opponents through their ability to rotate players through several positions.

“It’s natural that you look at sides that performed well in the finals, to see what’s working for them, and for me it’s just giving that bit of extra flexibility we need as a side,’’ Pyke said.

No ....please read Kane ! ....i agreed with earlsta that Tex probably secured his foot problem during a NAB game
Lol, touch wood, Tex will be in better shape come round 1... which is what many of us were suggesting before you went on your no difference posting.

BTW, CC is also better prepared to spend more time on a wing... despite you thinking he is no different to last year. Even Pyke is excited by this.

“We want to be able to bring guys from half-back into the midfield. We saw (forward) Charlie Cameron in a final (against Sydney) come up and play on the wing for a period and we’d like to train him so he’s got the capacity to do that more regularly.

Exactly ......it was a waste .....as it will be a waste to put Cameron and Menzel in pockets and say that's their role ......ridiculous (unless you were Carlton)
I've always said Cameron was our Lewis Jetta ......the Sydney version, not the roly poly WC version at Xmas :p
Wayne's-World, Feb 7, 2016

Yeh !!!!!!! ......the wing is Charlies home in the future :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

It will increase his match fitness & that's where he played in last years championships

Wayne's-World, May 1, 2014

Lol, touch wood, Tex will be in better shape come round 1... which is what many of us were suggesting before you went on your no difference posting.

BTW, CC is also better prepared to spend more time on a wing... despite you thinking he is no different to last year. Even Pyke is excited by this.
So you've attended training to reach the POV?

And at training Charlie looked shorter and thinner .....but it's just the training gear he was wearing that gave that impression

Players look smaller, thinner, and fatter ...depending on which Guernsey they're wearing
So CC is only looking better because of what he is wearing... whilst Pyke says he is fitter & ready to spend more time on a wing this year...

So CC is only looking better because of what he is wearing... whilst Pyke says he is fitter & ready to spend more time on a wing this year...
Again, i have never stated that ! .....in fact my thoughts were that at times i thought he was Jarman? .....his training was uninspiring compared to what i saw last pre-season, but again was only one session out of 100

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, but I believe our coach.

Why wouldn't you?
I believe my eyes ......trouble with you guys is you believe what you want to believe, and dismiss what you don't want to hear

So Kane there's no media spin at this time of the year ? .....the coach is not wanting to use the media to motivate players and hype them up ......oh cmon Kane

I believe my eyes ......trouble with you guys is you believe what you want to believe, and dismiss what you don't want to hear

So Kane there's no media spin at this time of the year ? .....the coach is not wanting to use the media to motivate players and hype them up ......oh cmon Kane
So your eyes are more relevant than our coach who has said CC will spend more time in the midfield like he did against the Swans. This is nothing to do with the media.

Apparently your eyes noticed no difference in Tex's movement, even without a moonboot lol.

Your eyes may not be the most reliable indicator...

Last edited:
Again, i have never stated that ! .....in fact my thoughts were that at times i thought he was Jarman? .....his training was uninspiring compared to what i saw last pre-season, but again was only one session out of 100
Then you should clarify your quote as you said "at training Charlie looked shorter & thinner...but it's just the training gear that have this impression".

Meanwhile Pyke (not the media) is saying he is ready to spend more time on a wing... So would assume his endurance has improved.

Don't want to spoil the party But those open training sessions are basically for the Supporters, Went to all of them last year and was also lucky to see a few of their normal sessions and they are chalk and cheese. Note some of the media get to see more training sessions than the supporters as they have safe access thru the existing grandstand media viewing areas which will be restricted more this year due to building regulations. Currently, these areas are close off only during their closed sessions. In 2018 the public will be able to see more training sessions as football park open up and become a public oval. Crows will then have to their closed session at thebby oval.

Don't want to spoil the party But those open training sessions are basically for the Supporters, Went to all of them last year and was also lucky to see a few of their normal sessions and they are chalk and cheese. Note some of the media get to see more training sessions than the supporters as they have safe access thru the existing grandstand media viewing areas which will be restricted more this year due to building regulations. Currently, these areas are close off only during their closed sessions. In 2018 the public will be able to see more training sessions as football park open up and become a public oval. Crows will then have to their closed session at thebby oval.

Bang on. Talking to Greenwood when i saw him a few weeks back, he said he was relieved that they had an open session as they don't get flogged anywhere near as much as the closed ones.....

So your eyes are more relevant than our coach who has said CC will spend more time in the midfield like he did against the Swans. This is nothing to do with the media.

Apparently your eyes noticed no difference in Tex's movement, even without a moonboot lol.

Your eyes may not be the most reliable indicator...
I'll repeat my own post from 2014 !!!! ......never saw you support that move back then .....Lemming!

Yeh !!!!!!! ......the wing is Charlies home in the future :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

It will increase his match fitness & that's where he played in last years championships
Wayne's-World, May 1, 2014

And don't get me started about the criticism i copped for suggesting an AA potential backman in Laird being used in the midfield during the Neale debate ......god, you guys have no thoughts until someone plants the seed either via the club or media

And re Tex ...please read the posts more carefully b4 you prematurely celebrate :rolleyes:

Then you should clarify your quote as you said "at training Charlie looked shorter & thinner...but it's just the training gear that have this impression".

Meanwhile Pyke (not the media) is saying he is ready to spend more time on a wing... So would assume his endurance has improved.
Frankly i can't help what people read into posts on this board ......frankly i post these things as my own record, couldn't give a rats toss whether you agree with the thoughts or not ......but you continue to assemble your opinions from the highly accurate print media .....we know they're never wrong in print :rolleyes:

I'll repeat my own post from 2014 !!!! ......never saw you support that move back then .....Lemming!

And don't get me started about the criticism i copped for suggesting an AA potential backman in Laird being used in the midfield during the Neale debate ......god, you guys have no thoughts until someone plants the seed either via the club or media

And re Tex ...please read the posts more carefully b4 you prematurely celebrate :rolleyes:
I posted on CC in 2014 - so what!

We are talking about the now & your posts are contradictory... on 1 hand his future is in the midfield, but on the other he is no fitter as witnessed by your own eyes.

I have read your posts carefully, but you haven't done the same with mine... as your not even responding to what I posted as you have gone off on tangents yet again!

Frankly i can't help what people read into posts on this board ......frankly i post these things as my own record, couldn't give a rats toss whether you agree with the thoughts or not ......but you continue to assemble your opinions from the highly accurate print media .....we know they're never wrong in print :rolleyes:
So you don't believe Pyke... someone who does not usually talk up players...because your eyes know better.

Seriously, listen to yourself. It's like I'm debating with a drunk person last night lol.

So that means you're better qualified to comment??
Again never said that ......but frankly have never, apart from a handful of innovative thinkers, trusted anyone's views .....but that's just a business character in-grained

I post my own views ....not re-hashed views of the media or rumors .....whether they are correct, the passing of time tells .....they're in print for all to drag up and have a go at me anytime anyone pleases

Remove this Banner Ad

Back