Universal Love 2016 AFC Best and Fairest Thread part 2 (Old one went haywire)

Remove this Banner Ad

ZLXQdxm.jpg

Ok some key take outs for me:

Mackay polled extremely poorly, yet somehow was basically a lock for out 22.
Jenkins polled extremely poorly and yet somehow we signed him for very good money, rather than trade him to Brisbane for Rockcliff
Lyons polled extremely well given it was his first season in the 22, yet we have an insulting contract offer in front of him and are trying to push him out the door.

Basically what this is telling me is that the view of the coaching panel is nearly completely independent from the selection and list management panels. There seems to be no correlation between how well the coaches think a player performed and if they were selected or how we viewed them from a contracting perspective.

This is a joke, an absolute joke.

Ok some key take outs for me:

Mackay polled extremely poorly, yet somehow was basically a lock for out 22.
Jenkins polled extremely poorly and yet somehow we signed him for very good money, rather than trade him to Brisbane for Rockcliff
Lyons polled extremely well given it was his first season in the 22, yet we have an insulting contract offer in front of him and are trying to push him out the door.

Basically what this is telling me is that the view of the coaching panel is nearly completely independent from the selection and list management panels. There seems to be no correlation between how well the coaches think a player performed and if they were selected or how we viewed them from a contracting perspective.

This is a joke, an absolute joke.
Aren't they the same panel?

Not only did Mackay finish 20th, he finished 27 votes behind Lyons. Now Vader that messes with your pecking order doesn't it?

Now this can't go through to the keeper. David Mackay who had his best season in a long time only managed to finish 20th and based on average games played he would be even lower.

That is ******* pathetic and vindicates what we've been saying all season.

Someone get Wayne's-World to justify his defence of Mackay, it shows thought maybe we are watching with our eyes.

As for Thommo, besides Sloane he's most probably spent the second most amount of time in the middle and finished 14th. We can not possibly give him another season and it will be interesting to see how he went in the last 10 rounds.

Selection committee you've spoken by your voting and you should be embarrassed.

Are you questioning Noble's moneyball system? For shame!

That didn't surprise me though as thought Jacobs had an average season.

You could argue from the outside that Laird's season this year was better than last and he finished second last year.

In an interview this week, Jacobs said he had a very consistent year.
Looking at the results, consistently average

SANFL voting

State League Club Champion Leaderboard – Top 10
Jonathon Beech – 185
2. Mitch Grigg – 178
3. Harrison Wigg – 174
4. Reilly O’Brien – 173
5. Cam Ellis-Yolmen – 163
6. Hugh Greenwood – 162
7. Tom Doedee – 156
8. Dean Gore – 141
9. Keenan Ramsey – 137
10. Andy Otten - 130

Congrats Jono Beech
Grigg 2nd, well done
Dean Gore 8th :eek:
Ramsey 9th and delisted

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In an interview this week, Jacobs said he had a very consistent year.
Looking at the results, consistently average

I think he's done personally and will only continue to slide in form.

Jacobs is a lumbering ruckman at best. His physical abilities seem to be deteriorating which spells disaster for a player who had very little in the first place.

Other ruckman will start running rings around him though Pure athleticism.

Would love grundy

Craigy had the balls to drop Edwards! Can't see pyke doing this sort of call
I'm hoping Pyke has taken a diplomatic approach to this season, like when Walsh started he seemed to be trusting the judgement of his assistants - which I think is a very smart thing to do when you've only been there 5 minutes - in theory...

the problem is a really don't have a lot of faith in our rusted on group of Noble, Campo and to a lesser extent perhaps Doc Clarke to 1. Make the hard call on the guys who have been coaches pet for 3-5 years or 2. Actually be able to judge a player's talent beyond a Vader-like analysis of the stats sheet.

So you are saying it doesn't matter how the coaching staff rated his performance throughout the year?

Interesting view.
They rate him by selecting him to play .....when they stop rating him, they'll choose another player ....quite simple

Vader said he had a very good year. Just the one bad game and savagely dropped despite a "very good" year. Such a ruthless selection committee. I knew the votes per game would prove Wayne's-World clueless when it comes to Mackay. I wonder if he's melting anywhere over the coaches bias against his little buddy.
How many games did Mackay play again ....just remind me?

How many games did CEY play ......Menzel? .....Mitch Grigg? ......when the selectors rate players higher than Mackay or their are better options then Mackay won't be selected

Umm, the argument is why do they keep selecting them when it's obvious they're going poorly. This has been a consistent theme. There's been a disconnect between player performance and selection policy. Experience seems to be valued too highly because we know that junior players don't get that latitude.
Yes in your little world that question would prove complex .......maybe the club just didn't want to win, so they selected players like Mackay hoping that would sabotage the team effort, whilst leaving the star players in the SANFL to rot and request a trade ......is that how you think ?

Fact is you are clueless and the fact you say Mackay is playing poorly is in no way supported, despite your feeble minded arguments of a 10 year old

There's a severe disconnect ....as there was last year.
He's a miracle

He plays just well enough to be an automatic selection but not well enough to ever earn any plaudits for a job well done.

He's made a career out of keeping his nose in front of the 23rd bloke.

Yes in your little world that question would prove complex .......maybe the club just didn't want to win, so they selected players like Mackay hoping that would sabotage the team effort, whilst leaving the star players in the SANFL to rot and request a trade ......is that how you think ?

Fact is you are clueless and the fact you say Mackay is playing poorly is in no way supported, despite your feeble minded arguments of a 10 year old
Losing the argument so Wayne throws a tantrum.

He was our worst regular player, are you denying that?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back