Analysis 2016 AFL club membership tally.

Remove this Banner Ad

I believe that all memberships are accounted for and have to be reconciled with the AFL but hey the US Army can't account for severaral trillion dollars so what' a couple of thousand memberships?
Now your talking :thumbsu:

Mattys123 please don't use B word around here.........saying we have gone b(ackwards) is not correct just ask Perty!

We are moving forwards in a retrograde posture.

We are moving forwards in a retrograde posture.

Please select one for the bloke that had to google that word.........:D

Retrograde[edit]

Please select one for the bloke that had to google that word.........:D

Retrograde[edit]
  • Retrograde motion, in astronomy, describes the orbit of a celestial body that runs counter to the direction of the spin of that body which it orbits.

I think moving counter to the direction of spin sums it up nicely. Not sure we are a celestial body though. I have been compared to one, however it was a gas giant in the outer solar system starting with U.

We will drop by at least 3k next year IMO, a lot of supporters dont want to see another year of Buckley.

Well about 3000 apparently, not sure that constitutes "a lot"

I don't believe the figure to be honest. Would be a cover up for sure to protect Nathan. Our crowd attendances have been poor this year. I'm not buying it

So it's only members who go to the footy?

I think moving counter to the direction of spin sums it up nicely. Not sure we are a celestial body though. I have been compared to one, however it was a gas giant in the outer solar system starting with U.

Thanks now I can like your initial post! :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks that way this year

I'm not a member, haven't been since the late 80's.

It's a choice, I can have a membership, or I can have a 4-5 week fishing holiday in the NT, or a couple of weeks crayfishing in Tassie, or I can have a holiday in the UK, or Canada, or a 5star fishing trip to Vanuatu. And I get to go to Byron Bay Bluesfest every year.

People make choices about memberships for any number of reasons. My wife and I are DINKs and both earn a good wage, but I'd hate to be trying to manage a mortgage and survive week to week in the current economy if we were living of just 1 of our wages, or even less, or had a cluster of kids.

Even so, I've still managed to get to (off the top of my head) 10-11 H&A games, 2x NAB games, 6-7 VFL games. Would do the same every year with the addition of finals games in better seasons. And I live in Bendigo. I went to those games because I could get there, pure and simple, not because of how the team is playing.

Of course it is, ideally you want to increase your supporter base every year and not lose thousands. Even more so when you are a large club like Collingwood.

Yep, ideally you would want to increase your membership and attendances every year, and ideally you want to be playing off in a GF every year. Doesn't always work out that way. Membership totals will rebound pretty bloody quickly if performances improve, 3000 in the scheme of things is not a lot.

I'm not a member, haven't been since the late 80's.

It's a choice, I can have a membership, or I can have a 4-5 week fishing holiday in the NT, or a couple of weeks crayfishing in Tassie, or I can have a holiday in the UK, or Canada, or a 5star fishing trip to Vanuatu. And I get to go to Byron Bay Bluesfest every year.

People make choices about memberships for any number of reasons. My wife and I are DINKs and both earn a good wage, but I'd hate to be trying to manage a mortgage and survive week to week in the current economy if we were living of just 1 of our wages, or even less, or had a cluster of kids.

Even so, I've still managed to get to (off the top of my head) 10-11 H&A games, 2x NAB games, 6-7 VFL games. Would do the same every year with the addition of finals games in better seasons. And I live in Bendigo. I went to those games because I could get there, pure and simple, not because of how the team is playing.
But that's you my friend. Historically speaking if a club is not doing well on field then crowd attendances will drop. It's a fact. I am very surprised our membership hasn't dropped more which of course lead me to believe that our membership figures may have been cooked.

But that's you my friend. Historically speaking if a club is not doing well on field then crowd attendances will drop. It's a fact. I am very surprised our membership hasn't dropped more which of course lead me to believe that our membership figures may have been cooked.

Are you saying the AFL & Pert are telling porky pies???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back