List Mgmt. 2016 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe I don't understand the beep test that well then. All I've got to go on was what I got in high school.

Isnt 10.1 really bad for a semi-professional footballer?
For a forward pocket plucked from country footy, I wouldn't have thought so. He wouldn't need to outwork blokes in country footy.

His marking looked decidedly average in the All-Star game. Marshall never had the breakout game needed this year for me. He just lacked that natural forward instinct.

Could have said the same thing about Wright in his draft year. Some of these guys have good raw materials and need time to put it all together...

Maybe I don't understand the beep test that well then. All I've got to go on was what I got in high school.

Isnt 10.1 really bad for a semi-professional footballer?

Pretty sure I did a 10 beep test when I was 12 / 14, and i wasn't that athletic! I'm going with Monocle on this one...

Without having looking at all the options as of yet, I wouldn't mind SPP at our 1st pick, seems to have plenty of potential based on the EP games that I saw him play on TV and didn't look too out of place in the league side, would be lucky if he slid to our 2nd pick. If Bolton were available at our 2nd it would be a great outcome, while Waterman will probably need to be taken with our 3rd, I can see him being bid on in the 40's or so.

Without having looking at all the options as of yet, I wouldn't mind SPP at our 1st pick, seems to have plenty of potential based on the EP games that I saw him play on TV and didn't look too out of place in the league side, would be lucky if he slid to our 2nd pick. If Bolton were available at our 2nd it would be a great outcome, while Waterman will probably need to be taken with our 3rd, I can see him being bid on in the 40's or so.
I'm tipping that Bolton will be taken before SPP.

For a forward pocket plucked from country footy, I wouldn't have thought so. He wouldn't need to outwork blokes in country footy.
It's an above average vo2 level but definitely not up to AFL level. It's around the same level a policeman has to get to pass his fitness test and that's after a stop at Krispy kremes

10.1 is really awful. I'm hardly a fitness freak and i would have no issues beating that. Its actually terrible. Being from country football doesn't excuse him, he played a full season In Wafl and you don't need much prep to get a 10.1

Hope he is available for a later pick, because I think 34 would be too much. Will need to work on his tank big time tho if he is to make it at afl level.

Good video Keyser Soze thanks for posting that. Some interesting results indeed.

Liking Banfield more and more every time i read something new about him. Tall, big bodied, can find the pill, and has a leap on him.

Ryans beep test is a worry as far as our 2nd pick goes, which could honestly lead us to overpaying for Waterman like Spacey just pointed out. Isn't 10.1 the absolute bare minimum to get into the police academy if you're in your 20's? What's telling, is that clearly Ryan needs to work on that tank, because that's pretty shocking. Surely he'd have some sort of mentor at Subi who should have been doing what they possibly can to get the best out of him and help him get drafted? How does someone who plays footy even get 10.1? Especially at WAFL level.

Certainly don't want us reaching with our 2nd.

As far as Cameron goes, i'm not sure how ruckman are supposed to test but his jumping, sprint, and agility scores are fairly poor. Good beep on him though, which no doubt comes from being in the WAFL system for several years.

From AFL.com

WCE-sb-AFLM.jpg

Pick 12: Tim Taranto might still be on the board at this pick despite his excellent end to the season. A goalkicking midfielder who steps up at the big moments in games, the Sandringham Dragon enjoyed a consistent year and has an excellent endurance base (he has run a 15.9 beep test). His marking and size give him a point of difference as a midfielder and Taranto booted four goals in the NAB All Stars game on Grand Final eve. The Eagles would need to look closely if he's available at their first choice.

Around the mark: Tim English, Todd Marshall, Shai Bolton

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-22/in-the-gun-every-clubs-top-draft-target.mobileapp

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From AFL.com

WCE-sb-AFLM.jpg

Pick 12: Tim Taranto might still be on the board at this pick despite his excellent end to the season. A goalkicking midfielder who steps up at the big moments in games, the Sandringham Dragon enjoyed a consistent year and has an excellent endurance base (he has run a 15.9 beep test). His marking and size give him a point of difference as a midfielder and Taranto booted four goals in the NAB All Stars game on Grand Final eve. The Eagles would need to look closely if he's available at their first choice.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-22/in-the-gun-every-clubs-top-draft-target.mobileapp
If this happened I would have to find multiple jizz gifs.
I'd be bloody stoked.

From AFL.com

WCE-sb-AFLM.jpg

Oh lord I hope this happens. This kid looks like an absolute jet.

Freo must be a pretty good chance to take English with their first pick considering Sandi is getting on?

The more I think about it the filthier I become that we didn't manage to snare another top 30ish pick from somewhere. Would loved to have grabbed 3 of Bolton/SPP/Rotham/Ryan etc.
Careful what you say about the recruiters

Yeah go on Thorne, tell everyone on the board HOW we where supposed to snare that "top 30ish" pick you wanted.

Tell us what trades exactly you'd have done, and how you know we didn't try to do something about it.

amidoingitright FiveStrings ? See, i can mod.

Yeah go on Thorne, tell everyone on the board HOW we where supposed to snare that "top 30ish" pick you wanted.

Tell us what trades exactly you'd have done, and how you know we didn't try to do something about it.

I don't wear my mod hat to do that, I wear my cranky old man hat.

While I would like to say Mckenzie and Masten, that would not have delivered it given hindsight.

To do the deal of 2 picks in the 20's, I expect we would have needed to give up someone like Duggan and a third or fourth round pick. To get quality picks would require giving up quality. Would I give up Duggan and a 3rd or 4th rounder to get SPP and Bolton plus keep pick 12 for say Berry, Waterman, Banfield and Cameron in the draft? Probably yes but not liking the loss of Duggan.

Last edited:
Bolton's kicking from the draft videos looks horrible. He just bangs it on the boot, very little composure or skill.

From people who have watched him more often, how would you rate his kicking?

He does look exciting though wouldn't take him at 12. Taranto would be nice!

paran, I don't recall. I suspect he'd have a hitout if he played ruck. He played some relief ruck at league level. He moves really well but that won't be his AFL role. I wasn't watching too closely this year, so Swannies or Spearhead may know more.
Played 90% of the year at Half Back with the odd stint in the Ruck or up Forward. The round 23 game mentioned was a Colts match not Reserves.

Taranto @ 12! Well, I never thought Aish would get to 7, so possible, but ol' Rohan would be pumpin those stumpies faster than when Cavka was there in the 60's!

kerr87, yep Bolton's kicking action is not classic, but he tends to get the results on goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back