Preview 2016 AFL Finals - Adelaide v Nth Melbourne, Adelaide Oval, Sat, Sept 10, 7.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah there's always a big flogging or two in the finals, North are usually on the end of it. No didferent here you'd think.

I'll hang onto the fact that there was no flogging of North last year. We were leading at halftime in the Perth Prelim. I'm not confident right now. However, if I knew that Waite, Higgins, Wright and Jacobs were fit, (and I mean properly fit) I'd be expecting us to get over the line. Unfortunately, I reckon that's a forlorn hope.

This is what I love about the main board. It allows gutless Richmond supporters to use the words "North" and "embarrass" in the same sentence.
Our geriatrics locked in a top 8 spot which is more than can be said for your pathetic bunch of losers. Didn't Richmond lost by 113 points this weekend?
113 points. I'll say it again. 113 points ! I'd consider that embarrassing and gives you zero credibility.

And the scary part is that with your geriatrics getting you to the finals, only to be pants by Adelaide, will not only get a terrible draft pick and a difficult fixture for next year but you will also spend years rebuilding at the bottom of the ladder because your coach hasn't given any of the small amount of youth you had on your list any game time. I heard that the Hawks and Swans debuted over 8 new players this year while your coach debuted 2!

I would have a good hard look at your coach and rather than applaud him for 'making the hard decisions' and 'rolling the dice' by playing and even recruiting so many older players, I would actually be blaming him for being so short sighted. He has effectively meant that you will rapidly decline for years because you haven't the young talent to cover the players exiting the club. Terrible list management....and the worst part is that it looks like he's attempting to buy his way out of trouble again during trade week.

You would think the club would learn from their mistakes.....and yes 113 point loss, we beat you in the finals and all that - none of that changes North problems going forward. At least we put the time into our younger players which places us in a far better position going into next year and beyond. Enjoy the slippery slide starting against the Crows!!

Last edited:
I would have a good hard look at your coach and rather than applaud him for 'making the hard decisions' and 'rolling the dice' by playing and even recruiting so many older players, I would actually be blaming him for being so short sighted. He has effectively meant that you will rapidly decline for years because you haven't the young talent to cover the players exiting the club. Terrible list management....and the worst part is that it looks like he's attempting to buy his way out of trouble again during trade week.
Your mob admitted they recruited to make finals, not win a flag, just make finals. What the * are you on about?

And the scary part is that with your geriatrics getting you to the finals, only to be pants by Adelaide, will not only get a terrible draft pick and a difficult fixture for next year but you will also spend years rebuilding at the bottom of the ladder because your coach hasn't given any of the small amount of youth you had on your list any game time. I heard that the Hawks and Swans debuted over 8 new players this year while your coach debuted 2!

You would think the club would learn from their mistakes.....and yes 113 point loss, we beat you in the finals and all that - none of that changes North problems going forward. At least we put the time into our younger players which places us in a far better position going into next year and beyond. Enjoy the slippery slide starting against the Crows!!
Richmond's problems going forward stem well beyond North's. Plenty of young talent on our list, e.g. Dumont, Clarke, Wood, Brown. Who are yours? Your club is a dead set joke. Just burn it down already and be done with it.

Your mob admitted they recruited to make finals, not win a flag, just make finals. What the **** are you on about?

Unless you win a flag you are a failure. You've made the prelims and failed which puts you fair and square in the failure camp along with us. The difference is is that you have left nothing in the tank to get there. You youth has hardly been blooded and that means a lot of pain ahead when you're left playing catch up as your experienced players continue to fail and retire.

Richmond's problems going forward stem well beyond North's. Plenty of young talent on our list, e.g. Dumont, Clarke, Wood, Brown. Who are yours? Your club is a dead set joke. Just burn it down already and be done with it.

The difference with our club burning down is that some people may actually care. You club doesn't have enough supporters to fill a restaurant let alone a stadium. No one has even heard of your young players because they have been slogging away in the VFL for years. Apparently Scott won't play them until they reach 30 or over....

The difference with our club burning down is that some people may actually care. You club doesn't has enough supporters to fill a restaurant let alone a stadium. No one has even heard of your young players because they have been slogging away in the VFL for years. Apparently Scott won't play them until they reach 30 or over....
Typical and expected response. The old North are old, North have no supporters one liners. Funny, these are are the types of calls I heard late in the last quarter when we dismantled your club this time last year. You haven't a leg to stand on, and won't until your team is somewhat relevant with regards to finals so keep dreaming.

Typical and expected response. The old North are old, North have no supporters one liners. Funny, these are are the types of calls I heard late in the last quarter when we dismantled your club this time last year. You haven't a leg to stand on, and won't until your team is somewhat relevant with regards to finals so keep dreaming.

Typical and expected response. We beat you in the finals last year. You haven't won a final. You haven't a leg to stand on until your successful in the finals - see two can play at that game :D

My point is is that your coach went for broke -recruited older players into the club and kept your older players in an attempt to win a flag. This in itself is not an issue but not recruiting enough young players and not giving enough game time to those you have is where it will come back to bite you. So without trying to turn this anymore than it has into a slinging match - can you see that this could be an issue moving forward?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is great, there seems to be some residual pain from the 2015 1st Elimination Final. I think the proverbial is being pushed up hill calling out North for not winning in the last 2 prelims after finishing 7th/8th. Fair effort knocking out Geelong and Sydney in straight sets, I hope that was Norths run finished. It would be "a little disappointing" going from 2nd to done in 2 games of football.

I was shocked to see that Saints finished 9th only on percentage, geez man, that is one hell of a drop for North. Crows by plenty.

lol - do you know how the draw works? We lose next week we are grouped with the Pies, Dee's, Saints, Port and loser of Dogs and Eagles.

We have seen your kids and they are putrid. We haven't played ours yet so will wait until next year. I really enjoyed winning 4 finals in the last 2 years. One from 33 points down in the third and another in front of over 90,000. Good times.

Typical and expected response. We beat you in the finals last year. You haven't won a final. You haven't a leg to stand on until your successful in the finals - see two can play at that game :D

My point is is that your coach went for broke -recruited older players into the club and kept your older players in an attempt to win a flag. This in itself is not an issue but not recruiting enough young players and not giving enough game time to those you have is where it will come back to bite you. So without trying to turn this anymore than it has into a slinging match - can you see that this could be an issue moving forward?
How many of our draft picks did we give up over the last 4 years? 1 - traded for a kid. We used all the others on kids so what's this rubbish about not recruiting young players? We gave up zero draft picks for NDS, Waite and Higgins.

lol - do you know how the draw works? We lose next week we are grouped with the Pies, Dee's, Saints, Port and loser of Dogs and Eagles.

We have seen your kids and they are putrid. We haven't played ours yet so will wait until next year. I really enjoyed winning 4 finals in the last 2 years. One from 33 points down in the third and another in front of over 90,000. Good times.

Our kids were putrid :eek:, obviously yours were so bad that the coach didn't even play them :D. I'm glad you enjoyed your finals success but in the end you failed as much as we have. Without a flag finals success means absolutely nothing. What my issue with your list management is is that you have no depth. When the experienced players all retire you don't have enough younger players to take their place. Best case scenario - all of your young players will come on and step straight into the holes left immediately. Reality would suggest though that finding out who is going to make it will take years and even then there is no guarantee they will make it. By your coach not playing barely any kids it means you have to go back to the drawing board and endue a lot of future pain but of course Richmond suck and you had finals success so none of that matters......Good luck :thumbsu:

Our kids were putrid :eek:, obviously yours were so bad that the coach didn't even play them :D. I'm glad you enjoyed your finals success but in the end you failed as much as we have. Without a flag finals success means absolutely nothing. What my issue with your list management is is that you have no depth. When the experienced players all retire you don't have enough younger players to take their place. Best case scenario - all of your young players will come on and step straight into the holes left immediately. Reality would suggest though that finding out who is going to make it will take years and even then there is no guarantee they will make it. By your coach not playing barely any kids it means you have to go back to the drawing board and endue a lot of future pain but of course Richmond suck and you had finals success so none of that matters......Good luck :thumbsu:
We are playing finals - why try un tried kids? Shouldn't we be playing our best team leading in?

It may have been a while since you won a final but it's really enjoyable. They will get a decent run in the off season. Cricket is boring.

We are playing finals - why try un tried kids? Shouldn't we be playing our best team leading in?

It may have been a while since you won a final but it's really enjoyable. They will get a decent run in the off season. Cricket is boring.

As I mentioned in an earlier post - both Sydney and Hawthorn have played over 8 kids for their first game this year while North has only played 2. If those two teams can do it then surely it would be wise for a team who is about to lose a lot of experienced players to. Seems a bit short sighted don't you think?

Not sure why people are saying we will lose by 100pts +
Believe it or not, our biggest loss was last week against GWS (37pts)

In saying that i think it will be a mountain to high for us to climb.
A pretty unique situation as well, 4 prominent players of the club, 3 of which are long-term champions of the club.
Are all potentially playing their final game of their career or at least for the club.
Adelaide have been in great form pretty much all year, while we have only won 2/11 in the last half of the season.
What a ****ed up season, the first half full of so much promise at 9-0 and then injuries left, right an centre.
Senior players not performing, a coach with seemingly no plan b and doubt if he's the right man.
Now we have fallen into a finals series and are apparently on the cusp of an ''agressive reset'' next season.

Adelaide really should win this comfortably
I never have any confidence playing in Adelaide, at the MCG maybe...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back