Game Day 2016 AFL Finals - Week 2

Remove this Banner Ad

With the results so far, the bye is here to stay. And to be honest, if it throws up results like this year I don't mind it!
I think youre right, and its going to change the way coaches manage their squads during the season. Clearly ladder position is going to mean less than squad health and momentum.

I'm not sure how I feel about it to be honest. Why fight and claw your way to top spot if youre tired coming in to September? Why Play 22 rounds of footy when really only the last 5 rounds count?

Id almost prefer a 17 round season, a wild card round between 7th and 10th, with the top 6 getting the bye that week. There has to remain some advantage for finishing high, because the week off for qual final winners is almost a negative as it stands now.

Hawthorn wont be playing in a Grand Final.

Roll that around your mouth and how that feels. Hawthorn wont be playing in a Grand Final.
My son told me that some betting agency was offering about $18 for a Bulldogs v Crows GF. I bet those odds have dropped significantly now. Hard to believe that either the Giants or the Dogs are going to be playing a GF this season.

I would love to beat Sydney tonight, wipe the smile off Dangers face next week, and then remain the Bulldogs finals nemesis in the GF.

Delicious ;)

Dogs now $6 for the flag. Adelaide - $12. Yes, we are considered half as likely to win the flag as the Western Bulldogs. Giants are favourites at $2.85.

Have to say it's a bit unfair that we're so far adrift of the others in that market. The bookies have never, ever rated the Crows whatsoever - and I took advantage of this by betting a tenner on us to make the eight at $2.50. Little win :thumbsu:

Dogs now $6 for the flag. Adelaide - $12. Yes, we are considered half as likely to win the flag as the Western Bulldogs. Giants are favourites at $2.85.

Have to say it's a bit unfair that we're so far adrift of the others in that market. The bookies have never, ever rated the Crows whatsoever - and I took advantage of this by betting a tenner on us to make the eight at $2.50. Little win :thumbsu:

Bulldogs are at $6 due to being in a preliminary final, we're still in a semi final.

If you reckon we can do it, it's seriously good value; history is against us though.

Bulldogs are at $6 due to being in a preliminary final, we're still in a semi final.

If you reckon we can do it, it's seriously good value; history is against us though.

I got on us months ago. Riding the bet no matter what. If we win tonite watch our odds plummet. We're good value at those odds.

Clarkson legit complaining about the umpires LOL OMG, the irony honestly they lost one final!!! Try being us for once!

Clarkson bringing up Hawks laid 104 tackles only 3 frees for holding the ball/incorrect disposal, bit of a winge really.
#nofreekickHawthorn

At least he laying the groundwork for some decent umpiring for us if we win through to the GF.

In fairness the betting markets reflect the odds that the Crows still need to win tonight to make a prelim and that there is also money coming in for the Dogs.

Several variables at play when framing markets for the flag.

GWS was $3.25 before Friday's nights game.

I got on us months ago. Riding the bet no matter what. If we win tonite watch our odds plummet. We're good value at those odds.

We will come into the same odds as the Dogs, but IMO a better bet for the flag then them.

Cannot see them rolling GWS In Shitney.

I think it's fair to say tonight's match is a 50/50, and we have to win that to get to the same position the Dogs are in. The difference in odds looks about right to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's fair to say tonight's match is a 50/50, and we have to win that to get to the same position the Dogs are in. The difference in odds looks about right to me.
Correct.

They also reflect very roughly the odds for us to win each game from her onwards to be around ~$12 ($16)

$2.40 against Sydney, $2.55 against Cats and ~$2.60 v GWS.

You would actually be better off backing us to win each week and rolling everything into the next game then backing us to win the flag.

I think from memory the best bet was when we ballooned out to ~$50 to win the flag after our round 1 loss.

I dreamt we won by 23 for what it's worth

I have never dreamed about a football match, and yet i dreamed us losing by a point.

Hopefully this is an accumulative and we win by 22 :p

I have never dreamed about a football match, and yet i dreamed us losing by a point.

Hopefully this is an accumulative and we win by 22 :p

We were actually paying $17 to win by 40+ Which I took.

I can actually cash this out now for a profit so I'm impressed the odds have come in so much.

:$

Clarkson blaming the umpires in his presser.

Bahahahaha suck s**t. Without Mark Evans pulling the strings at the AFL, you would have struggled to make a GF.
Sore loser.

Ironical as the hawks only made the top-4 because of the umpires.

Karma...

Clarkson bringing up Hawks laid 104 tackles only 3 frees for holding the ball/incorrect disposal, bit of a winge really.
#nofreekickHawthorn
How about the non-holding the ball decision against Smith against us in the dying moments... Karma...

A friend of mine said back months ago she dreamt we will beat Hawthorn in the grand Final. I've requested that she goes back to bed and update that dream. She suggested I'm being negative. I'm not sure where to go with that conversation from there.:rolleyes:

Seems all the "experts" are divided on the result tonight .......and i think that's ana accurate reflection, as both sides are equally as good .....i just think ours is better :)

Most of the commentators I have heard are going for us. This worries me deeply. At least the bookies have us in our proper place!

I hate the Hawks as much as the next bloke but a lot of the sledging I'm seeing on facebook seems a little silly. Got a Hawks supporting relative who is definitely not your bandwagon type, nor is he an arrogant in your face type (gets up and about around Grand Final time but who wouldn't?)

He's copping it from all angles today, and some from supporters of teams who aren't even in the finals. I'm sure he's crying into the 4 flags he has a vivid memory of.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back