Resource 2016 AFL Grand Final - with 3AW commentary - Complete

Remove this Banner Ad

frenchfri12

Premiership Player
Suspended
Jul 10, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCPRcADnA1AVDQIfsgjDqYDsdZIzGpeXy

The entire game, with 3AW commentary will be uploaded to Youtube, with the video synced within 24 hours.
The commentary runs from the National Anthem through to 6PM/7PM, whenever 3AW's coverage finished.
This post will be updated as the videos are uploaded.

The first quarter, and the first five minutes of the second quarter are low quality, as I was recording directly from a portable radio onto my phone. After 5 minutes in the second quarter, I began recording the HQ stream from the AFL website with my computer, and from halfway through the second quarter to the end of coverage, the recording is crystal clear, so don't let the low quality of the first quarter put you off.

All the ads are removed from the breaks, but not from the post-game.
Green means the video is up, red means it is not yet.
First Quarter and Quarter Time:

Second Quarter (Quality increases to HQ at 6:55):

Half Time:

Third Quarter and Three Quarter Time:

Fourth Quarter to the presentations:

Official Presentations:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APHqJBXCAnM
Player Interviews, 3AW open line until end of coverage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OzuVh_ba3k

Half time and the post-match will be up tonight because there is no video and as such it takes much less time to render. The quarters themselves are taking 1 hour minimum and may not get finished tonight.

Last edited:
The entire game, with 3AW commentary will be uploaded to Youtube, with the video synced within 24 hours.
The commentary runs from the National Anthem through to 6PM/7PM, whenever 3AW's coverage finished.
This post will be updated as the videos are uploaded.

The first quarter, and the first five minutes of the second quarter are low quality, as I was recording directly from a portable radio onto my phone. After 5 minutes in the second quarter, I began recording the HQ stream from the AFL website with my computer, and from halfway through the second quarter to the end of coverage, the recording is crystal clear, so don't let the low quality of the first quarter put you off.

All the ads are removed from the breaks, but not from the post-game.
Green means the video is up, red means it is not yet.
First Quarter and Quarter Time:

Second Quarter: Up by 7PM
Half Time: Up tonight
Third Quarter and Three Quarter Time: Up within 24 hours
Fourth Quarter to the presentations: Up within 24 hours
Official Presentations: Up Tonight
Player Interviews, 3AW open line until end of coverage: Up Tonight

Half time and the post-match will be up tonight because there is no video and as such it takes much less time to render. The quarters themselves are taking 1 hour minimum and may not get finished tonight.

Awesome effort dude. Thank you so much!!

• Banned
2nd Quarter up. Half time in 5 minutes.

Quality increases at 6:55

Last edited:

You should post this on the Sydney board too.

Last time I posted there I got a 3 week ban for telling them that the umpires favoured them and not GWS. And that is incedently the reason that I couldn't make a post asking for users on this site to record one radio commetary each so that we'd have all of them available in full, not just my 3AW one and whatever's on the DVD.

Tldr somebody else do it.

Final Quarter link is up, the video is still processing but should be done any second.

Edit: Now working.

Last edited:
Thanks for putting this up :thumbsu:

I'm a few mins into the last... I really don't agree with Johannisen getting the Norm Smith. His disposal, especially into the forward 50, was lamentable. He burned so many opportunities. Not just kicks that didn't result in scores but kicks that were either shanks or gave his teammate absolutely no chance of winning the contest. Boyd and Kennedy were far better. Even Picken was better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back