2016 AFL - Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

lol you wut m8???? Hawks had the first 5 or 6 scoring shots of the last quarter and were 5 goals up halfway through the last - GAME OVER

Hawks dominated the first 10 minutes and were up by 31 points. Given how hard it was for Freo to kick goals that's a match winning lead. Freo came hard for a 5 minute stretch, but that was it.
Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 2.22.16 pm.png
Kick those 3 (4 if you include Crowley taking an eternity and getting run down) and we were infront?
Wayward kicking was the story of the day and is what cost us.

Happy to concede Hawks deserved the win and all that but categorically disagree that the game was not close.

View attachment 293618
Kick those 3 (4 if you include Crowley taking an eternity and getting run down) and we were infront?
Wayward kicking was the story of the day and is what cost us.

Happy to concede Hawks deserved the win and all that but categorically disagree that the game was not close.

How many of those were repeat chances because you kept missing. Take your goggles off. The game was dead halfway through the last quarter and the Hawks were in cruise mode.

How many of those were repeat chances because you kept missing. Take your goggles off. The game was dead halfway through the last quarter and the Hawks were in cruise mode.
Chuck in the Ballas OOTF 5 minutes earlier if you don't think its enough missed opportunities, we were dominating the centre clearances at this point as well, Mundy was gunning for the normie if we had won.

I have watched the game many times, its our only grand final ever so I have studied it, go and have a watch of at least the last half whenever you have time, could change your opinion :thumbsu:

It is the worst Grand Final I've ever seen by a space - no chance I'm watching it again.

Would be interested in the highest price Hawthorn traded in the match in play though - that would be a better measure.

It is the worst Grand Final I've ever seen by a space - no chance I'm watching it again.

Would be interested in the highest price Hawthorn traded in the match in play though - that would be a better measure.
Was a much better game then the s**t that was dribbled out in 2014 and 2015

$1.60 favourites going in and never trailed so I suspect they wouldn't have gone over $1.60
Still doesn't mean it wasn't a close game

Ok ... The big dance.

IMO Dogs are overs

Their lead in To the GF is spot on ..... The week off Before the finals plus relatively soft wins v
Hawks, West Coast and a tough prelim.
Gives me confidence they are not cooked but well prepared for sat .

do they choke and get jumped ?
Possible but unlikely ... They will get amazing crowd support , highly unlikely to have 50/50 frees paid against in front of goal , but more importantly match up amazingly well against Swans biggest strength ...they match swans onballers for contested ball..

It's not luck they have beaten the swans
The last 2 times on the scg and have just smashed west coast , Hawks on ballers
And blunted GWS midfield ...
They are manic around the contest and are running over the top of teams ...

I expect this match to be well and truely
Alive in the last qrt ... I would slightly favour them than the swans in a close finish

1 units dogs 1 to 39 pts $3.00

Chuck in the Ballas OOTF 5 minutes earlier if you don't think its enough missed opportunities, we were dominating the centre clearances at this point as well, Mundy was gunning for the normie if we had won.

I have watched the game many times, its our only grand final ever so I have studied it, go and have a watch of at least the last half whenever you have time, could change your opinion :thumbsu:
I watched the last quarter again. Hawks dominated and once any teams get up by 6 goals then the other team getting up is extremely unlikely, let alone with a mere 10 minutes to come. Against the Hawks giving up 6 goals in 10 minutes is near impossible and especially because Freo had such trouble kicking goals.

You can say Freo would have won if they didn't kick any points, but when does that happen? Hawks kicked 3 behinds in that 10 minute domination including Roughy an easy one from 20 metres out.

Clearly a better performance than Eagles and Swans, but if your looking for a reason for the loss then I would be looking at the early misses by Fyfe and co. This leads into to my original assertion of the potential that a fast starting Sydney might crunch a nervous WB who might miss a few easy shots early (ala Dickson against the Hawks)?

I watched the last quarter again. Hawks dominated and once any teams get up by 6 goals then the other team getting up is extremely unlikely, let alone with a mere 10 minutes to come. Against the Hawks giving up 6 goals in 10 minutes is near impossible and especially because Freo had such trouble kicking goals.

You can say Freo would have won if they didn't kick any points, but when does that happen? Hawks kicked 3 behinds in that 10 minute domination including Roughy an easy one from 20 metres out.

Clearly a better performance than Eagles and Swans, but if your looking for a reason for the loss then I would be looking at the early misses by Fyfe and co. This leads into to my original assertion of the potential that a fast starting Sydney might crunch a nervous WB who might miss a few easy shots early (ala Dickson against the Hawks)?
Still standing by my opinion that the game was close and we were not out of it in the last.
I agree that the Fyfe and co misses were costly etc
The only thing I was disagreeing with was that the game wasn't close when it was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trying to aggregate all possible H2H promos. So far:

Crown - bonus bet if your team loses (max $55) - so basically a free shot UNLESS ITS A DRAW
Sports - bonus bet equal to your profit (i.e. winnings) - max $55
TAB - Bet $20 or more - bonus bet if your team loses by 30 or less
Ladbrokes - Sydney to win @ $2 (max $50)

If you find others let me know and I'll keep updating as we go.

Crown - bonus bet if your team loses (max $55) - so basically a free shot UNLESS ITS A DRAW

How does this work now considering Draws go into OT? If they draw and then your team 'loses' in OT, is that eligible for the bonus bet?

My mate has the same sort of question when trying to figure if needs to include a draw in his hedge considering the game will end with a winner on the day.

Palmer bet 3qt lead but lose 100$

Topbetta, HT lead but lose 50$

Madbookie, 3qt lead but lose 50$

betting club, 3qt lead but lose 50$

Ubet, lead by 15 but lose 50$

Luxbet, bonus bet equal to winnings- 51$

Last edited:

Ladbrokes also have $2 lines. So you can have a free swing at Swans under 10.5.

How does this work now considering Draws go into OT? If they draw and then your team 'loses' in OT, is that eligible for the bonus bet?

My mate has the same sort of question when trying to figure if needs to include a draw in his hedge considering the game will end with a winner on the day.

Can only assume its normal time only

Can only assume its normal time only

Crownbet special includes extra time

1. This Offer applies to a member's first Head to Head bet placed on the nominated match.
  2. Your team must lose the match according to the official result to qualify for the Bonus Points.
  3. Applies to your first Head to Head bet placed on this match.
  4. This Offer excludes:
    1. NSW & SA.
    2. Multibets.
    3. Cashed out bets.
    4. Wagers placed over the phone.
    5. Wagers placed with Bonus Bets.
  5. The bonus points will match a member’s stake up to $50 which means a maximum of 5,000 Bonus Points can be awarded. Any stake greater than $50 will receive the offer maximum of 5,000 Bonus Points (provided other conditions are met).
  6. Result includes Extra-Time.

Think the $34 for Rampe is worth a $10 on it

Really isn't.

No way he stands out the most for us in any scenario.

If you want to go a defender - and assuming he plays - it'd be Mills. Otherwise it'd be a Parker/Hanners.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back