18 Carlton

Fonetiks

Rookie
Jan 31, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
EPL Newcastle United
Each year I run a "Pick the Ladder" competition at work and for mates, that uses a +10 correct guess, -1 for each position away formula to calculate the nearest prediction. Last season, only 3 people out of 50 odd picked 4 teams in their exact position. No team is a sure thing in any spot, and every year there are always 1 or 2 teams that bolt up, and drop away. Trying to work out which teams that will be, is anyone's guess.

Here's the winner's picks from last season's competition...

hosting image

Any ideas on how a different scoring system could be better? I've tried top spot, spoon, top 8 double points, etc... In the end, I decided that each spot should have the same weight, but I'm open to suggestions.

Anyway, good luck this season!

Rooboy89

Rookie
Jan 20, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
W.C
Hawthorne
North
Syd
Gee
Port
Freo
Rich

Coll
Ade
W.B
GWS
Bris
Gold
Melb
STk
Carl
Ess

Dangerousfield

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
A lot of posters here are either having fun with stupid predictions or seriously can't rate a list and draw. That said there's always a surprise or two each year, mainly due to golden/horror injury runs or several/no lower tier players taking significant strides.

1.Hawthorn - still the team to beat
2. WCE - only got stronger over summer
3. Geelong - stunning recruiting, LTI receding, soft soft draw, Kardinia Park fortress
4. GWS - the AFL created plastic juggernaught gets rolling. List has 19 picks taken in top 10!
5. Port - cruelled by injuries last year, Dixon a more important recruit than Ryder last year. Soft draw
6. WB - be there again, got a lot of classy kids, plus Liberatore, minus Crameri, Boyd on the rise
7. Freo - won't win enough away to be any higher
8. North - ageing list, very tough draw, can't see the improvement

9. Richmond - finals glory run over, last 6 in best 22 not up to standard, where else but 9th
10. Sydney - lots of stars but serious lack of depth. Injuries will hurt big time
11. Adelaide - Danger big out, think we'll be thereabouts for 7th/8th
12. Collingwood - anywhere from here to 6th - depending on lotsa stuff
13. Gold Coast - still got serious LTI, list not as good as predicted
14. Melbourne - building, but still unconvinced they can jump the above teams
15. St.Kilda - with their best players close to retirement, upward movement seasons away
16. Brisbane - future is bright but just need time to build the talented kids and a better injury run
17. Carlton - this list is worse than many think and ageing too. Prolonged period in the cellar
18. Essendon - will ensure they get the No.1 pick by playing lotsa kids later in the year - just to sure :)

Tear it apart guys but with sound logic not gut feel waffle.

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
1. Hawthorn- Still too good. Bennell will add to their outside run.
2. West Coast- Excellent team all over the ground. With a healthy defence they'll be even better.
3. Richmond- If they get their ducks in a row they could be a legitimate premiership contenders. That's a big if.
4. Fremantle- Aging list but still with a brilliant midfield. One last roll of the dice.
5. Sydney- A lot of their potential success relies on Buddy's health and availability.
6. Port Adelaide- Hopefully they turn around an incredibly disappointing 2015.
7. North Melbourne- Could be a bit of a drop off considering many of their best players are plus 30.
8. Western Bulldogs- Could suffer from second year blues. A real unknown quantity.

9. Collingwood- Some excellent young players but the competition for top 8 is a bit too tight.
10. Adelaide- New coach, no Danger.
11. GWS- Pushing for finals but just missing out.
12. Gold Coast Suns- Losing a few quality players but still a brilliant crop of youngsters. Full season from Gazza is a must.
13. Geelong- Big sliders. Champions retiring.
14. St Kilda- Will surprise a few teams but not enough experience to crack the 8.
15. Melbourne- Give it a couple more years and they'll be a legit top eight side. Another season into Hogan, Brayshaw etc will do them wonders.
16. Essendon- Crap list. No confidence or assurance of their place in the league with the WADA deal hanging out their heads.
17. Carlton- All about the rebuild.
18. Brisbane- Long stretch ahead of Leppa and co.
Really funny looking at this after Rd 7 16.
NM
Cats
Swans
Freo 18th!
and so on.
The make monkeys of us every year.

Brett5150

Debutant
Oct 11, 2009
North Brisbane
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
North Melbourne. Gold Coast.
The way it's going, I'm putting Sydney on top. I'm not sure about North after today's performance with Essendon. I'd be terribly embarrassed with that.

JPetro83

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Adel United & Leeds United
Sydney
Cats
North
Hawks
GWS
West Coast
Bulldogs
Adelaide.

Port/Dees for 9th

That's what its looking like ending up being.

Paton

Draftee
Mar 15, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hawthorn
West Coast
Sydney
GWS
Fremantle
Western Bulldogs
Geelong
North Melbourne

These would be my predictions!

Hawthorn
West Coast
Sydney
GWS
Fremantle
Western Bulldogs
Geelong
North Melbourne

These would be my predictions!

Freo 5th? You think they won't lose a game for the rest of the season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back