News 2016 AFL Season

Remove this Banner Ad

princy_99

All Australian
Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Looking forward to next year I think our ladder position will improve next year. I'm thinking we could finish anywhere from 5-10 if we don't have any injuries like this year. If we can get our midfield back and potentially get some more mature aged recruits or draft pics that play next year we should be able to move up the ladder. So 5-10 should be a realistic option hopefully.

We'll be 2533x better but near everyone improves
I dunno - I can see Sydney, Freo, and Hawthorn dropping. Likewise, I don't expect the Bulldogs to make top 4 against next year, and North and Adelaide (if they lose Danger) will fall imo.

Carlton, Brisbane, Geelong, and Essendon aren't going anywhere quickly either.

I dunno - I can see Sydney, Freo, and Hawthorn dropping. Likewise, I don't expect the Bulldogs to make top 4 against next year, and North and Adelaide (if they lose Danger) will fall imo.

Carlton, Brisbane, Geelong, and Essendon aren't going anywhere quickly either.
Trade period hasn't even happened tho

My prediction based on the changes that we already know about, a better conditioning program and year 2 for Rocket would be 6th.
2015 should be forgotten as quickly as possible apart from who we losing or getting rid of, we should get collectively a similar if not better crew.

For 2016 I'll be happy with finals of any kind, but my preference would be 1st, 2nd, 5th, or 6th. A home final would do wonders for the Suns. Imagine Metricon filled to capacity hosting the first AFL final on the GC in AFL history.

For 2016 I'll be happy with finals of any kind, but my preference would be 1st, 2nd, 5th, or 6th. A home final would do wonders for the Suns. Imagine Metricon filled to capacity hosting the first AFL final on the GC in AFL history.
This for sure. I would love to be at Metricon for the clubs first ever final. The place would be rocking.

3rd or 4th gets us a home final too!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rkn the 8 will look something like this:

- Hawks
- WCE
- Port
- Freo
- Sydney
- Geelong
- GWS
- GC

The 8 is going to start fluctuating a lot more as teams like North / Crows and Richmond now get a tough draw while we get an easier draw

I really think we're underestimating where we could have and should have finished this year. Had it not been for the shocking run of injuries, anything was possible.

The team will be far better for so many reasons even without Bennell and Dixon and so many other players got game time and stood up toward the end of the season that would otherwise not played without the injury situation.

FF to mid season 2016;
- With some luck and fully fit and in form Gaz, Jaeger, Prestia, Swallow
- Another pre-season and continued improvement of Hall, KK, Touk, Saady, Jesse, Garlett, Jack, et al
- Add further top talent with high draft picks and some astute trading
- Another pre season under Rocket nailing down the standards expected and the game plan
- Some early season form and wins;

.... then anything is possible.

I think 4th - 7th is realistically achievable.

Last edited:

- Hawks
- WCE
- Port
- Freo
- Sydney
- Geelong
- GWS
- GC

The 8 is going to start fluctuating a lot more as teams like North / Crows and Richmond now get a tough draw while we get an easier draw
Richmond get a pretty easy draw

I think Sydney might be in danger of missing the 8 next year.

- Hawks
- WCE
- Port
- Freo
- Sydney
- Geelong
- GWS
- GC

No doggies? They will get close to winning it

No doggies? They will get close to winning it
Doggies will be up there but not as high as they were this year imo. They're extremely talented but they'll have a harder draw and teams have figured out their game plan. So it'll be up to whether other teams can match them for speed, but I don't see them in the top 4 next year.

Just wondering who people think we will play twice next year?

Locks are:
Brisbane- B6
GWS - M6

6th would be a good start - get a home final and a 1st final win would be a great start to get our premiership window open

Doggies will be up there but not as high as they were this year imo. They're extremely talented but they'll have a harder draw and teams have figured out their game plan. So it'll be up to whether other teams can match them for speed, but I don't see them in the top 4 next year.
they will bolster their list and be a year older. i reckon they will be better next year

Predictions for the 2016 season. Can change it when draft and trade week or when the season starts, but will be good to get a feel for where the Suns supporters see the whole comp sitting for the 2016 season.

Grand Final - Port Adelaide vs Hawthorn
Premier - Hawthorn
Minor premier - Hawthorn
Wooden spoon - Carlton
Riser - Gold Coast/Port Adelaide
Slider - North Melbourne
Where Suns will finish - 5th
Coleman medalist (and how many) - Tex Walker 76
Suns leading goal kicker (and how many) - Tom Lynch 59
Brownlow medalist - Ablett
Most Brownlow votes for Suns -Ablett 25
Best and Fairest Suns - Ablett
Rising star winner - Jacob Weitering

If I've missed any others I can add them to the OP.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back