Competitions 2016 AFL Supercoach & Dreamteam Questions

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi, Magpies. Few questions about fantasy. I am currently looking at Pendles, DeGoey, Macaffer and Cox(ruck bench). Have Macafer mainly to keep inside the cap. Opinions on these, although Pendles is pretty self-explanatory. Anywhere else I could look? I've pretty much finished but may have a space for a $200K-$300K defender.
I'm not sure we'll have any defenders in that price range that will score very well.

I'm not sure we'll have any defenders in that price range that will score very well.
Agree. James Aish was going to be on a lot of people's radar as a low-priced defensive DPP but he has not really impressed. Since my post it's been recommended MacAffer does not have great job security.

Any reason Pendlebury wont average 110 again? Have heard some talk about moving him to half back, is this all media speculation/bs?

Any reason Pendlebury wont average 110 again? Have heard some talk about moving him to half back, is this all media speculation/bs?
It's obviously not as ideal as full-time mid, although Pendles will surely play a fair portion of the game in the middle. Will be interesting how he goes at half-back though, although he played a few games there late last year and scored well. Would imagine he would be the go to man out of defense so he should still see a good amount of the ball, and he naturally has always had a good disposal efficiency, so should keep the points ticking over even when at half-back. As for averages, Pendles should score well regardless of position as he will find the ball wherever he is playing and will impact on the contest so I personally cant see him going under 115. Locked into my team and hasn't moved from the first draft.

Is Aish even in the best 22? What can you see him scoring this year and the following years
Wouldn't be a certainty for best 22 so I wouldn't consider him for a starting position in your side. Can't see him averaging enough for a keeper, and wont make too much cash, so far better options imo. Hopefully he develops well this year and becomes an option for the following years.

is Langdon worth taking a risk this year. Defence is doing my head in. Had B Smith in and out of my team almost daily. Langdon currently has his spot. Cheers.
I personally don't think Langdon will have enough 100+ games to be a keeper in the defence. A 90 average would be achievable, but I would say it is unlikely he will average anything above the mid 80s. So there's potential there if you want to take the risk.

Hey lads, bit of a weird one from me.

What's the Pies ruck setup looking like?

Is it Grundy #1 and Witts #2? In the NAB it seemed that Witts was getting more of a crack than Grundy. Is this a sign of things to come?

Basically looking at my elite drafts free agency pool and noticed Witts sitting there after popping a big ton against the Bulldogs on the weekend.

Anyone able to shed some light here?

Sup fellas, Is M.Cox a real chance to get many games or am i better off going with Grimely from the Bombers as R3, cheers boys gl on trying to make the 8 this year just like my Catters :)

Hey lads, bit of a weird one from me.

What's the Pies ruck setup looking like?

Is it Grundy #1 and Witts #2? In the NAB it seemed that Witts was getting more of a crack than Grundy. Is this a sign of things to come?

Basically looking at my elite drafts free agency pool and noticed Witts sitting there after popping a big ton against the Bulldogs on the weekend.

Anyone able to shed some light here?

It's a tough one because neither player is a viable forward option and playing both is hard. Neither is the clear number one right now either.

Both are a risk to miss multiple games, so I'd steer clear.

Sup fellas, Is M.Cox a real chance to get many games or am i better off going with Grimely from the Bombers as R3, cheers boys gl on trying to make the 8 this year just like my Catters :)

The coaches love him and the fans are intrigued. Will get games but the question is when. He isn't a round 1 chance.

Grimley will play every game.

What role do you guys seeing Jordan De Goey playing this season? In supercoach terms he looks a bargin.

AFL fantasy league looking for Collingwood supporters. 8 teams, play each team twice, no bye rounds, finals, start round 2. PM me if keen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Pendlebury will play 60-40 mid-halfback or even 50-50 rather than the 80-20 he stated himself. Swan is also likely to spend alot of time up forward. I think De Goey may really get the chance to shine as a full time inside midfielder. What do you guys think?

Thoughts on Treloar this year. Likely to increase average? Primarily inside mid role? Ball magnet when he's on, great get. Actually read a post on here the earlier where someone said they wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't play.

Last edited:
What role do you guys seeing Jordan De Goey playing this season? In supercoach terms he looks a bargin.

Lots of midfield time for De Goey if the NAB challenge is anything to go by.
I think he is a bargain to select as a forward. Should get some good numbers.

I'd lean toward DeGoey but perhaps someone with more understanding with respect to both players can correct me ^

Does Oxley have a spot in the 22? Good scorer when he's there. Also Ramsay has been scoring well, how locked is he to play a fantasy friendly role?

Also a question on De Goey for Fantasy please..

PS looks good, then the Swan injury and Sidey suspension surely meant hes guaranteed to up his mid time and therefore his scoring, however didnt look that way Friday night.. seemed to be stuck up fwd quite a bit which is worrying. Adams, Levi, Crisp, Treloar hogging the majority of the centre bounces it looks like.

Nothing to worry about and he should still be good for 80+? Would love to hold him..

Thanks!

I'd lean toward DeGoey but perhaps someone with more understanding with respect to both players can correct me ^

Does Oxley have a spot in the 22? Good scorer when he's there. Also Ramsay has been scoring well, how locked is he to play a fantasy friendly role?
I'd wait to see if he gets DPP status as a defender and then jump on him then. Better mid options. There is a spot for him to make his own

I'd wait to see if he gets DPP status as a defender and then jump on him then. Better mid options. There is a spot for him to make his own
True mate, in our league we have I mam benches so I reckon I can carry him through to round 6. Some bloke picked McIntosh off our waiver instantly for thus very reason! Good to know there's potentially a spot for him!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back