2016 #AFLDraft Scouting Guide

Remove this Banner Ad

Who do you think could challenge for the #1 mantle? Ainsworth? Has there been a small forward taken with pick 1 before?

I think the key with Ainsworth is that this year we will see him move into the midfield. SPS will challenge for No.1, as will Berry, but it's still only Feb, anything could happen. Somebody could just as easily jump up and out their hand up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was wondering what Jarrod Berry's kicking is like. I think I read somewhere that when down at Richmond for his two weeks some observers weren't complimentary. If he can make the move into the midfield and his skills are above par then he'll be right up there.

Hi SCPaige,

Just a few quick questions with the Dons likely to be at the pointy end of the draft come November.

1) Who are some player comparisons for Petrevski-Seton and Ainsworth, and why would you make those comparisons?

2) If you had picks #1 and #2 right now, who would you take and why?

3) How high do you see Ezekiel Frank going?

Thanks in advance

James El Moussalli
Essendon VFL /Vic Metro (2015)
Inside Midfielder
Height: 189 cm Weight: 88 kg

The best Victorian prospect tag belongs to this kid. Had to have a shoulder reconstruction after a bad fall early last season, he did not get to play in the carnival for Vic Metro. James was overlooked for the draft but has been very impressive when training with the Essendon seniors. He was very close to being put on their list as a top up player. He is an inside midfielder who can can go forward and has showed everyone that he is a top talent and made everyone take note. James' best talent is his ability to hit the scoreboard from the midfield. He is a beast who already looks like an AFL player. Has great endurance and speed, getting sub 3 for the 20m and over 14.5 in the beep last year. I predict he will be the next Michael Barlow. At the end of the 2015 season it was rumored he trained with an AFL club ( I'm not sure who) so don't be surprised if he is a top 30 prospect.

James El Moussalli
Inside Midfielder

The best Victorian prospect tag belongs to this kid. Had to have a shoulder reconstruction after a bad fall early last season, he did not get to play in the carnival for Vic Metro. James was overlooked for the draft but has been very impressive when training with the Essendon seniors. He was very close to being put on their list as a top up player. He is an inside midfielder who can can go forward and has showed everyone that he is a top talent and made everyone take note. James' best talent is his ability to hit the scoreboard from the midfield. He is a beast who already looks like an AFL player. Has great endurance and speed, getting sub 3 for the 20m and over 14.5 in the beep last year. I predict he will be the next Michael Barlow. At the end of the 2015 season it was rumored he trained with an AFL club ( I'm not sure who) so don't be surprised if he is a top 30 prospect.

Your vested interest is showing.

Sam Petrevski-Seton, has exceptional skills and a rare ability to turn a game very quickly, he's in a superior class of his own.
Will go pick 1.

Was wondering if anyone knows if the AFL academy are having practice matches like they did last year against Collingwood's VFL team and the Northern Blues? If so when and who they might be against?

Was wondering if anyone knows if the AFL academy are having practice matches like they did last year against Collingwood's VFL team and the Northern Blues? If so when and who they might be against?

Geelong v AFL Academy
Simonds Stadium
Saturday 9 April 12pm (time TBC)
** AFL Round 3 & VFL Round 1 (Geelong VFL have Bye Round 1)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't like to give specific 'ranges' on players this early, particularly given the season hasn't started yet. I've done it in the past, and it's an easy way for nuffies to question my knowledge, or hang s**t on me. I don't want to give them any ammunition, we all make mistakes, right? Without putting a number on it (egL Pick 5-10), I'd safe right now, he's first round. I know that sounds like i'm playing it safe, but - a lot can happen in a season. Leading into the 2014 season, Tom Lamb was spoken by plenty as a first rounder, with him even being in top 10 calculations; as we saw, he didn't have a great year, and went late 20's.

Anyone that has at Ping you is an idiot... every year kids start out being possibilities to be call very early then they slip out to who knows where ...
Interested in Alex Witherden , by your report , someone Geelong would be very interested in (if they had a pick early enough)..put another cm or two on and he could be an early call chance. Shame for Geelong , sounds like he would be a nice fit down back. How close to a finished product is..or is he a kid that will take a few years to build a body.

Thanks for the write up Paige. Interesting to see later in the year what path West Coast goes with Jake Waterman, Zane Sumich and possibly Jordan Matera who is playing over in WA with South Freo at the moment.

Within the club's four walls I'd imagine that Waterman is rated the most

James El Moussalli
Inside Midfielder

Thanx James

I think Louis Pinnuck from the bushrangers will be a high riser in the draft like his fellow temmate Clayton Oliver, He reminds me of a young Bontempelli cant wait to see the kid play

Remove this Banner Ad

Back