Fantasy 2016 - Alpha League Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

With draft grades, it's all about quality > quantity...especially in terms of what positions of need you had going in, how you addressed them.

In that regards....I probably deserve an F because I just do my own thing....load up on unknown players, irrespective of position needs, and cull whatever didnt make a name for themselves in preseason.

A lot of you did very well....off the top of my head.... Woodson did superbly addressing positions of need, trading back, collecting picks, picking up still excellent talent, like planned to take Treadwell at #2, but managed to get Wentz+Boyd out of it.

Drd23, NDG again added solid "predictable" type of rookies.

Others had a few weird selections, like Wizard. Peterbuch had a number of homer picks. Cassius bereft of picks picked up two curious choices. Dspeed solid. Dagless had the one homer pick. TGBB did well again. Manureid solid in the few picks. Etc.

IMO you wasted your 2nd and (especially) 3rd round picks on inconsequential QBs but your other 2 picks (Ragland & Sharp) were pretty good
I punted on qbs as it is the one area i am short. Am pretty full at rb and wr not terrible, so like i did last year with rb's, i targetted one position .

BTW....

Either/Or....

My 2017 2nd for a starting RB

Carr for Goff straight swap

Carr + 2017 2nd for Goff + something to even up a little.
I may be losing it, but I really dont see anyone trading a starting rb for a 2nd round pick. Could just be me though.

I may be losing it, but I really dont see anyone trading a starting rb for a 2nd round pick. Could just be me though.
Absolutely, it would take a helluva lot more than a 2nd round for me to trade a starting RB. I'd look at a situational back like Riddick or a backup with upside, but a starter? No freakin way!

I'm pretty happy with my haul. Maxed out at wr/RB and hopefully already have my next gen qbs with either Hundley or Grayson. Love my WR Corp with ARob, Watkins, Thomas, Cooks, Brown, Fitz, Treadwell & Diggs.
Have an extra first rounder next year, scored some hopefully good young LBs.
Hopefully struck one gem at RB between Dixon, Perkins & Henry.

I punted on qbs as it is the one area i am short. Am pretty full at rb and wr not terrible, so like i did last year with rb's, i targetted one position .
I think you did well targeting QBs. Don't listen to the boo-birds. Kessler is an inspired choice. You know Hue Jackson is going to push him to start sooner than later. He handpicked him. Cant have enough QBs.

I think you did well targeting QBs. Don't listen to the boo-birds. Kessler is an inspired choice. You know Hue Jackson is going to push him to start sooner than later. He handpicked him. Cant have enough QBs.
I am not necessarily a huge fan of either qb I picked, but i liked the situations they were in. They have a chance at having a chance, and was happy to spend late 2nd and 3rd on them.

I am not necessarily a huge fan of either qb I picked, but i liked the situations they were in. They have a chance at having a chance, and was happy to spend late 2nd and 3rd on them.
Good thinking. No one should really criticize the endeavor to pick out QBs one either likes or thinks they're in a good situation to become starters. In this league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can understand gg getting all bored and uprooting his team every f***** year but it doesn't help those who are stuck in tough divs and are vying for a wildcard. Gives a little bit of an advantage playing gg twice a year. Feels like I'm repeating myself but the aim of this comp should be to win not just show off picking long shots.

You also made a mockery of the Empire draft with all your ridiculous QB selections.

But each to his own I guess.

I can understand gg getting all bored and uprooting his team every f***** year but it doesn't help those who are stuck in tough divs and are vying for a wildcard. Gives a little bit of an advantage playing gg twice a year. Feels like I'm repeating myself but the aim of this comp should be to win not just show off picking long shots.

You also made a mockery of the Empire draft with all your ridiculous QB selections.

But each to his own I guess.
Now that you got that off your chest.....there's the business of Goff to finalize.

Now that you got that off your chest.....there's the business of Goff to finalize.

With NDG in my div, I need you to win a couple so you can keep Carr.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back