2016 ATP World Tour 250/500 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Result
Atlanta Tennis Championships (250) - Nick Kyrgios defeated John Isner 7-6 7-6.

This week's tournaments (Week of August 8):

Los Cabos Open (ATP World Tour 250):
Seeded players:
1). Feliciano Lopez
2). Bernard Tomic
3). Ivo Karlovic
4). Sam Querrey
5). Alexandr Dolgopolov
6). Jeremy Chardy
7). Nicolas Almagro
8). Marcel Granollers

From the Aussies, Bernard Tomic features in this tournament.

Isner seemed to be struggling with some sort of a leg injury but great week for Nick, I gave him flack for his loss the other week but he got the job done here.

'Grats to ol' Dr Ivo . He's taken advantage of the Olympic situation. Since Wimby he's won Newport, Washington Finalist (l. Monfils), 3rd round Toronto (l. Dimitrov) and now takes out Los Cabos by beating F.Lopez.

This week's tournaments (Week of August 22):

Winston-Salem Open (ATP World Tour 250):
Seeded players:
1). Richard Gasquet
2). Roberto Bautista Agut
3). Pablo Cuevas
4). Steve Johnson
5). Kevin Anderson
6). Sam Querrey
7). Gilles Simon
8). Albert Ramos-Vinolas
9). Viktor Troicki
10). Joao Souza
11). Paolo Lorenzi
12). Andrey Kuznetsov
13). Federico Delbonis
14). Marcos Baghdatis
15). Fernando Verdasco
16). Pablo Carreno Busta

From the Aussies, John Millman and James Duckworth feature in this tournament.

Duckworth will play Youzhny in the first round and Millman has drawn qualifier Nishioka.

Kokkinakis was scheduled to play this tournament but has withdrawn.
Got talking to a guy on the train today. Turns out he is the Kokk's uncle. He said that he is going to just train for a little while, get the shoulder right, and his next event will be an exhibition in Greece. BTW, he revealed that he was offered to switch alligances to Greece, but decided not to. (From a selfish point of view, kind of wish he had. I was born in Greece and my family only moved here a few years ago, so I feel more Greek than Australian. Still love Johnny Millman though!)

Got talking to a guy on the train today. Turns out he is the Kokk's uncle. He said that he is going to just train for a little while, get the shoulder right, and his next event will be an exhibition in Greece. BTW, he revealed that he was offered to switch alligances to Greece, but decided not to. (From a selfish point of view, kind of wish he had. I was born in Greece and my family only moved here a few years ago, so I feel more Greek than Australian. Still love Johnny Millman though!)

Thanks for that. I'm glad he chose to keep playing for Australia :)

Did anyone else see this article from before the Olympics? Some worrying comments about the state of his shoulder, hope he can get it right.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/olympic...l-sorry-for-nick-kyrgios-20160805-gqmf5t.html

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keeps winning the matches he's meant to, Nishikora is a decent talent. His match with Ramos will be an absolute grind.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back