2016 Australia A Series

Remove this Banner Ad

Australia A One Day squad:
Squad: Chris Lynn (capt), Peter Handscomb (v-c), Scott Boland, Cameron Boyce, Jake Lehmann, Glenn Maxwell, Joe Mennie, Kurtis Patterson, Kane Richardson, Alex Ross, Marcus Stoinis, Chris Tremain, Sam Whiteman, Dan Worrall

Pretty decent looking line-up, certainly with the bat, and like the choice of Lynn as captain. The Quad series starts in a week or so in Townsville.

Got out on Monday to AB Field to watch Aust A v Sth A, was there when Renshaw and Maxwell and Bancroft were scoring pretty freely. Ground looked a picture and was a pleasant arvo to sit in the sun and watch. Didn't realise how tall Renshaw is but he looked very composed at the crease. Had a brief chat to Pete Hanscomb as he was walking around the ground - nice bloke. Said they were having a ball playing on turf during "winter" (said with a big grin).

Expect them to line-up somewhat like:

Stoinis
Patterson (dunno who else to put there? Whiteman?)
Lynn
Handscomb
Maxwell
Ross
Whiteman
Richardson
Tremain
Boyce
Worrall

Selecting one opening bat was a bit weird.

He was keeping the day I was there.
Pretty sure that he was named as the first choice keeper with the others chosen as batsmen first and back-ups if need be.
Fair enough thanks! I didn't see any of the game but the app I use for scores said Handscomb was the keeper

Remember when Boland was picked for Australia off of a 7 fa in one match? That's going to be a trivia question after this latest match. Papers stamped, return to sender. Mennie has comprehensively out bowled him but won't get a look in because he doesn't bowl fast enough, but still takes wickets.

Remember when Boland was picked for Australia off of a 7 fa in one match? That's going to be a trivia question after this latest match. Papers stamped, return to sender. Mennie has comprehensively out bowled him but won't get a look in because he doesn't bowl fast enough, but still takes wickets.

If you have to resort to making up rubbish to justify a 'fish in the barrel' type obvious argument that Mennie is better than Boland, then well...

They bowl at the same pace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Stoinis a better bowler than Marsh?

We need some solid competition for the all rounder spot ASAP
I'm not even sure that Stoinis is a better bowler than Voges/Smith let alone Marsh. He's a batsmen who can roll his arm over from time to time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back