2016 BATHURST 1000

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought the arrogance from Red Bull was off the charts even before the accident. Whincup's boss only giving margins to SVG when Davidson was only 7seconds behind to SVG'S 20.

I would say it was because SVG was the leading car on the opposite strategy to Whincup. He needed a 32 second lead on those guys to end up in front. Makes sense really

Thought the arrogance from Red Bull was off the charts even before the accident. Whincup's boss only giving margins to SVG when Davidson was only 7seconds behind to SVG'S 20.
Davison was on the same 2 stop strategy as he was and was going as fast as he could, as opposed to SVG/GT/PERCAT who were stopping only once. The gap to Davidson was irrelevant.

im not a whincup hater but did lol
14611143_872057322896278_3614702188342957083_n.jpg

lol Jamie apologised to Scotty Mac but not HRT. In a way he did nothing to Tander.
He knew exactly what he was doing. He knew that Tander was right behind him and would skip away if he was to redress any further down the line, and he knew that blocking and slowing on the racing line is really his best chance of keeping any possible lead. While it was a bit reckless, if Whincup hadn't of slowed instantly, and hadn't held Tander up, McLaughlin would've rejoined behind the two without contact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe in the future there might need to be a rule in place to redress in a safe manner? Maybe leave it to the stewards to let the team know when to redress?

No easy answer unfortunately, this situation was almost the perfect storm of trouble.

Maybe in the future there might need to be a rule in place to redress in a safe manner? Maybe leave it to the stewards to let the team know when to redress?

No easy answer unfortunately, this situation was almost the perfect storm of trouble.
Yeah that's what I was thinking. Make it so you're not actually allowed to redress, until Race Control have said so, and if redress is unavailable, then a PLP or time penalty is out in place.

It's actually basic.

Have you ever used a set of traffic lights? It sounds like you haven't.

Green is for go, red is for stop. Got that? ok. What Jamie did was the same as stopping on a green light.
Thanks for driving tips, I was wondering why people were abusing me for driving through red lights:rolleyes:

And as for what you said about Whincup, I agree he was on the racing line and he rolled out of the throttle, and it was indeed unsafe.

He knew exactly what he was doing. He knew that Tander was right behind him and would skip away if he was to redress any further down the line, and he knew that blocking and slowing on the racing line is really his best chance of keeping any possible lead. While it was a bit reckless, if Whincup hadn't of slowed instantly, and hadn't held Tander up, McLaughlin would've rejoined behind the two without contact.

re watched it then. Scotty Mac in my opinion should have the heaviest fine and does. Only seems severe for Whincup because what race it was in. Scott just flogged the guts out of it back onto the track and got loose. Whincup never swerved and held his line. I'm sure GT would have gone straight past if it wasn't for McLaughlin rally crossing it back on.

If Jamie missed a gear no one blinks an eyelid.

The race needs a virtual safety car. These contrived race finishes are BS. Even worse now they wave cars past the SC.
This is NOT what Bathurst is about. The powers that be think it's gr8 obviously and think it makes good TV. We get sprint races all year ffs. This is not how enduros are meant to be.
Amen brother!

It's actually basic.

Have you ever used a set of traffic lights? It sounds like you haven't.

Green is for go, red is for stop. Got that? ok. What Jamie did was the same as stopping on a green light.

No...you are wrong.....people redress during a race all the time....are they all stopping on a green light? Your analogy is flimsy at best...I can just imagine next time RC asks a driver to redress a position....."oh I would but I cant because green means go"......ridiculous comment.

No...you are wrong.....people redress during a race all the time.....ridiculous comment.

You don't readress when you have Garth Tander on your tail in the closing stages of bathurst, while on the racing line. There is no logic or intelligence to your retort. Winlotsofcupsbutnotonsunday has 400 starts, multiple championships,polls,fastest laps, and cringes. What he did was dead set dangerous at any level of motorsport. He cut Tander off and ruined his race.

HRT wil figure out a reprisal or two later in the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back