2016 BATHURST 1000

Remove this Banner Ad

You don't readress when you have Garth Tander on your tail in the closing stages of bathurst, while on the racing line. There is no logic or intelligence to your retort. Winlotsofcupsbutnotonsunday has 400 starts, multiple championships,polls,fastest laps, and cringes. What he did was dead set dangerous at any level of motorsport. He cut Tander off and ruined his race.

HRT wil figure out a reprisal or two later in the season.

I cant even begin to assess how much BS is in this post.....
Facts:

-I'm not a Whincup lover or hater....I follow Tim Slade and BJR my local team.....most of the hatred for Whincup comes from him being such a successful driver....its tall poppy syndrome at its worst....if there was a different driver in Whincup's position....im sure many would be arguing differently.

- lapped/slow cars consistently stay to the right on the exit of the chase to allow faster cars to set up for the final corner.

- I have been attending Bathurst since 2003 and was there last Saturday sitting at skyline. I had the binoculars out and watched the incident live.

- #1 he stayed left to redress.....the left side of the track is not the racing line....cars move to the right in preparation for Murrays.

- His pass was technically legal as broken down by Skaife and Ingall on Inside Supercars this week. The laws say the passing car must be past the B pillar at the apex....Whincup was well past the B Pillar before Scotty turned in.

- With regards to your alleged 'cutting off' of Tander....the accident was actually caused by McLaughlin. Neither Garth or Jamie knew he had so quickly and unsafely returned to the track, hence his penalty for an unsafe return to the track. If Scotty returns to the track in a safe manner, Garth passes Jamie no Problems, Jamie redresses behind Scotty and the race Goes on.

- I doubt they will overturn the result, they may reduce the penalty to a 5 or 10 second one to give back some of the championship points though.

- I can only imagine if Davison and whincup had roles reversed and Whincup had of won following a 15 second penalty for the same incident that most would be supporting the appeal and demanding the removal of the win to be awarded to Davison.

- With regards to your alleged 'cutting off' of Tander....the accident was actually caused by McLaughlin. Neither Garth or Jamie knew he had so quickly and unsafely returned to the track, hence his penalty for an unsafe return to the track. If Scotty returns to the track in a safe manner, Garth passes Jamie no Problems, Jamie redresses behind Scotty and the race Goes on.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Wincup slowed down on the racing line, without warning. Tander would of won the race had he not. there was no reason for wincup to slow down and cut him off that way. It has nothing to with McLaughlin.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Wincup slowed down on the racing line, without warning. Tander would of won the race had he not. there was no reason for wincup to slow down and cut him off that way. It has nothing to with McLaughlin.

Showing your HRT colours now....HRT would have won the race? Sure he was a chance, but was conserving like the others.....I still would have backed Whincup from there.....miles faster than the rest except Slade on race day.

There was every reason for him to slow down and it has everything to do with McLaughlin.....Jamie was ordered by his team to do redress the position gained at the chase where he collided with McLaughlin who went off.....He didn't cut Garth off at all....garth was squeezed because Scotty closed the space Tander was trying to pass Whincup in. How the * is he supposed to redress a position by not slowing down? Do you have any idea?
You seem to be seeing the race through HRT colours and despite numerous stated facts are still crapping on when you are clearly wrong ....blind dick can see that.

PlVPMTe.jpg

As a Holden man I'm happy that we won the race but as an HRT and Garth Tander fan I'm disappointed for Garth. To be taken out like that after being in the top five for a good portion of the race doesn't do him any justice at all.

Have to say I thought McLaughlin would get a penalty as well after coming back onto the track unsafely and then obviously causing an accident which pushed Tander into the wall. Whincup slamming on the brakes on the racing line wasn't too smart either.

So finally watched the replay.
Massive for WIll Davo who i've always sort've regarded as an " Almost " guy but can now say he's a 2-time bathurst winner.
To hold off THAT guy in that situation was brilliant , he was cooked at the chase last time around without that yellow though.

As for " THE INCIDENT "

The redress incident never happens had Jamie not botched the original pass.
Everything after that is 100% his fault , he could've easily done the redress 100m further down the road and it would've been fine.
The redress was never completed so i assume that was what the 15 seconds was for.

Those blaming Scotty or GT need to get off the meds.

That's OK...I guess you know more than skaife ingall and bows to same a few.....its not like they have more expertise than you on the subject.

That's OK...I guess you know more than skaife ingall and bows to same a few.....its not like they have more expertise than you on the subject.

struck nerve.jpg

jog on sonny

In his defense the first year of the brain farts was the best drive I've ever seen from anyone at Bathurst.

Best drive i've ever seen period.

( along with Tony Stewarts a few years ago at Homestead )

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NSWCROW expresses more logic than Skaife and Ingall. Both are campaigners. If you meant Bowe? He's a ****wit as well.
Skaife and Ingall didn't go anywhere near it on INSIDE SUPERCARS the other night.
No doubt due to the pending hearing.

Podium stands as Red Bull mucked up their initial appeal (only appealing severity) and their attempts to expand the grounds of their appeal to include the pass not being a breach of driving standards were rejected. Red Bull still pressing ahead to downgrade the penalty from 15 secs to 10 secs, which would promote Whincup to 8th spot.

Pretty amateur by Red Bull.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/motors...n/news-story/f54ef15d9a5ea512bc2fdce39c0efc66
“Immediately following Sunday’s race, Triple Eight appealed the severity of the 15-second penalty handed to Car 88 as a result of Jamie Whincup’s failed pass on Car 33 of Scott McLaughlin,’’ a Supercars statement said.

“On these grounds the appeal could only seek to downgrade the penalty from a grade two to a grade one which carries a 10-second penalty and could not have the incident re-investigated or the charge dropped.

“Subsequently, Triple Eight applied to the court to amend its appeal to instead claim that the failed pass was not a breach of the driving standards at all, despite numerous prior admissions by Triple Eight that the failed pass was a breach.

“Triple Eight’s attempt to amend their appeal was today rejected by the court.’’

Remove this Banner Ad

Back