Preview 2016 Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the first time on BF I'm not pencilling in draftees. Wow.

B: Jetta Dunn Garland?
HB: Salem McDonald Lumumba
C: Watts Jones Brayshaw
HF: Petracca? Dawes Howe?
F: Garlett Hogan Kent
R: Gawn Viney Tyson
Int: Vince ANB VDB Cross?

Queries:
Howe: could be traded. Pedersen, JKH the contenders.
Garland: FA. Feel like Frost is the best replacement. Frost goes into a stopping role and TMac goes into the hole.
Petracca: Feel like this is spot 22, Trengove and Harmes fighting here too.
Cross: Will he go again?

Queries:
Garland: FA. Feel like Frost is the best replacement. Frost goes into a stopping role and TMac goes into the hole.

I think Howe and Garland will both go. If they wanted to stay, you'd think they could easily have sorted a contract by now. I think Cross could go again, but he might have more of a bit part role than he did this season. I also think Petracca will be best 22 after a couple of games if he comes back from his knee okay. Would switch him and Kent. I'd also punt Lumumba and Dawes but that isn't going to happen.

B: Jetta Dunn Frost
HF: Kent Dawes VDB
F: Garlett Hogan Petracca
Int: Vince ANB Stretch Cross

We definitely have the makings of a bottom 8 side.

Is this R1? Okay:

B: Jetta Dunn Garland
HF: Petracca Dawes Kent
F: Garlett Hogan VDB
R: Gawn Viney Vince
Int: Tyson ANB Harmes Pedersen

For the record:
  • Garland will stay. If he doesn't swap him with Frost, although I don't like that team as much.
  • Assumes Cross won't go on again, if so, take out Harmes probably.
  • Pedersen relief ruck/forward. Kent, Petracca, VDB (and to a lesser extent Garlett) run through the middle.
  • Petracca to debut after a solid pre-season.
  • ANB could be replaced with Ben Newton, if he finds some form. Don't think ANB will find consistency for a little while.
Overall not a bad team. Think the back line lacks some polish (I'd love a really classy HB instead of Lumumba -- I like him, don't get me wrong, but he doesn't have disposal class).
Midfield same as backline, would love another classy user.
Forward line pretty solid.

B. Nev Dunn Frost
HB. Salem TMAC Lamumba
C. Vince Treloar Trengove
HF. Kent Pedo Watts
F. Jeffy Hogan Petracca

R. Gawn Brayshaw Jones

IC. Dom, Viney, Vandenberg, ANB

Reckon we will lose Toump, Garland and Howe through trades and Cross will retire. See us bringing in one ready made player. Hopefully it's Treloar...

Love that forward line. Really strong overhead with Hoges, Petracca and Pedo but also good wheels with Jack, Jeffy and Kent.

Backline could be fragile with TMAC, Lamumba, Frost and Dunn all capable of crazy stuff.

Those three sides lack Dangerfield, Motlop, Treloar, Dixon and Aish ...
And Minson.

Plus, "ND6" should be starting as rover in his next 350 games and PSD6 is the next Liam jurrah minus all the gangsta s**t so he can play FF, Hulk to CHF and Dawes traded to Chinkapook under 9's for the ghost of Allen Jakovich.

And Minson.

Plus, "ND6" should be starting as rover in his next 350 games and PSD6 is the next Liam jurrah minus all the gangsta s**t so he can play FF, Hulk to CHF and Dawes traded to Chinkapook under 9's for the ghost of Allen Jakovich.
* imagine that Jurrah/Hogan combo.

Queries:

I think Petracca would be better suited to the pocket to start, strong overhead mark and a great kick for goal. He would make a handy addition to our forward line and eventually I see him moving to a HFF then into the centre.

Jetta Dunn Garland
Cross McDonald Salem
Lumumba Viney Watts
Kent Pedersen Brayshaw
Dawes Hogan Garlett
Gawn Jones Vince
Tyson vandenBerg Neal-Bullen Grimes

Think Howe will leave and Garland will hopefully stay.

I think Petracca would be better suited to the pocket to start, strong overhead mark and a great kick for goal. He would make a handy addition to our forward line and eventually I see him moving to a HFF then into the centre.
Just like the Colin Sylvia we never had :$

I'll have a shot...

B: Jetta Frost Dunn
HB: Salem McDonald Garland
C: Watts Jones Vince
HF: Kent Dawes vDB
F: Garlett Hogan Petracca
Int: Pedo Crossy ANB Brayshaw
Emg: Stretch Harmes Fitz

Just my current best for round one 2016 - not allowing for any post-season losses or gains.

Project 3 years from now and we have a really solid core

Jetta Mcdonald Frost
Salem ..... Stretch
Tyson Jones Viney
Watts Dawes Garlett
Petracca Hogan Kent
Gawn Brayshaw AVB
ANB Harmes..... ......

Side doesnt account for OMac, King, Toumpas, Howe, Trenners, Garland, Newton, Michie, Riley etc

Already alot of the puzzle pieces in place... Its amazing the turnaround since Roos tookover

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 reasons:
His best is still best 22
Who else would take his spot? Pedersen? Okay - but then who comes in for him? Etc.
I would have Pedersen above him, I would also have Fitzy ahead of him. Frost, King and O Mcdonald would also be in the mix.

Dawes has kicked 9 goals from 12 games this year, he has kicked a goal in only 5 out of 12 games as a key forward, his average marks per game have dropped to a career low this year, his tackling and pressure that we raved on about last year has dropped to it's lowest since his first season.

Yeah his best may be still best 22, but we've seen that what once or twice this year. He's had more games this year well below best 22 standard than he has that would be best 22. Pedo is above him, and I'd rather have one of there young blokes in than Dawes going backwards.

You guys are very optimistic. Come on this is Melbourne here! We're cursed. We still need to account for:

-Trengove's other foot to explode and an early retirement
-Jeff Garlett to do a Colin Sylvia and get suspended for off field issues
-Sam Frost not expected to play for the first 4-6 weeks with another toe injury
-Melbourne to sign some overage spud past it who gets thrown into the 22, Rodan/Byrnes style
-Lumumba to crack it and resign to move to Brazil
-ND6 to do a knee and be out for the season like Petracca
-JKH to retire to pursue an acting career

I would have Pedersen above him, I would also have Fitzy ahead of him. Frost, King and O Mcdonald would also be in the mix.

Dawes has kicked 9 goals from 12 games this year, he has kicked a goal in only 5 out of 12 games as a key forward, his average marks per game have dropped to a career low this year, his tackling and pressure that we raved on about last year has dropped to it's lowest since his first season.

Yeah his best may be still best 22, but we've seen that what once or twice this year. He's had more games this year well below best 22 standard than he has that would be best 22. Pedo is above him, and I'd rather have one of there young blokes in than Dawes going backwards.

You raise some good points, and at some stage it'd be good to see Fitz get a run at Dawes' position. Till I see him play there though I'm saying Dawes is still my CHF.

You guys are very optimistic. Come on this is Melbourne here! We're cursed. We still need to account for:

-Trengove's other foot to explode and an early retirement
-Jeff Garlett to do a Colin Sylvia and get suspended for off field issues
-Sam Frost not expected to play for the first 4-6 weeks with another toe injury
-Melbourne to sign some overage spud past it who gets thrown into the 22, Rodan/Byrnes style
-Lumumba to crack it and resign to move to Brazil
-ND6 to do a knee and be out for the season like Petracca
-JKH to retire to pursue an acting career
In light of the fact that we haven't drafted yet, this is the only one that would really bother me. No offence intended to Trenners, its just that he's almost been 'lost' already.

I'd like Pedersen in there over Dawes but the match committee have a hardon for Dawes and are pretty harsh on Pedersen.

My take (What I'd like to see):
Jetta Dunn Garland
Lumumba McDonald Salem
Vince Tyson Brayshaw
Kent Hogan Watts
Petracca Pedersen Garlett
Gawn Jones Viney

AVB ANB Toumpas Frost

Think Howe will go as a FA and Cross will retire (For us to progress as a side I'd like him to move on, I love what he has done for us but need to look to the future in 2016).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back