Opinion 2016 Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely Murphy Gibbs and Thomas will still be playing in our next competitive team

When we where a goal away from a prelim they fitted into a competitive team well

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Step by step going forward to our next really competitive team :

B: ..... ..... Plowman
HB: Docherty Weitering Byrne
C: Cuningham Cripps Boekhorst
HF: ..... C.Curnow .....
F: Silvagni McKay .....

R: Kruezer ..... .....
I don't think Charlie has the size or the game to play CHF. He's a HFF or midfield prospect.

No Kedge?
I'm enjoying kedge so far but feel in a top end team he could get caught out. Hopefully we find talent to replace his role to improve a little but he will be one of those in and out of the best 22 type players.

I'm enjoying kedge so far but feel in a top end team he could get caught out. Hopefully we find talent to replace his role to improve a little but he will be one of those in and out of the best 22 type players.

You maybe right. I suspect once our midfield gets some depth, Kedge will stay in the forwardline much more with short stints in the midfield

You maybe right. I suspect once our midfield gets some depth, Kedge will stay in the forwardline much more with short stints in the midfield
I can see that could happen too.

He might develope that side of his game a bit more but atm he doesn't have a good enough goal sense to cement himself in the forward line.

Would be great if he could though.

No Kedge?

He's a good track horse and will play a role in raising the standards in this department as the team evolves in a more professional and competitive one .
As a player he's one paced and a serial fumbler , so limited .
He'll play plenty of footy for us in the next year or two but if as we all hope , in 3 or 4 years we are seriously contending , he will have to be surpassed by higher quality players .

He's a good track horse and will play a role in raising the standards in this department as the team evolves in a more professional and competitive one .
As a player he's one paced and a serial fumbler , so limited .
He'll play plenty of footy for us in the next year or two but if as we all hope , in 3 or 4 years we are seriously contending , he will have to be surpassed by higher quality players .

Kerridge has played 34 games in his whole career. Limited opportunities in Adelaide as we all know.

In his 7 games this year he is averaging:
23 possessions
75% efficiency
8 contested possessions
5 score involvements
3.9 turn overs

Gibbs 194 career games
7 this year averages:
26 possessions
71% efficiency
8 contested possessions
7 score involvements
4.1 turn overs

Murphy 211 career games
7 this year averages:
22 possessions
70% efficiency
6.6 contested possessions
5.5 score involvements
3.9 turn overs

Kerridge may fumble a few here and there, but with 150+ games less then the 2 mentioned, I think he goes more than ok.

Kerridge has played 34 games in his whole career. Limited opportunities in Adelaide as we all know.

In his 7 games this year he is averaging:
23 possessions
75% efficiency
8 contested possessions
5 score involvements
3.9 turn overs

Gibbs 194 career games
7 this year averages:
26 possessions
71% efficiency
8 contested possessions
7 score involvements
4.1 turn overs

Murphy 211 career games
7 this year averages:
22 possessions
70% efficiency
6.6 contested possessions
5.5 score involvements
3.9 turn overs

Kerridge may fumble a few here and there, but with 150+ games less then the 2 mentioned, I think he goes more than ok.

Stats can sing any tune one likes Juddy .
They aren't really my cup of tea and i prefer the old seeing is believing technique in making my appraisals .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best 22 assuming no injuries

Simpson Rowe Plowman
Docherty weitering Simpson
Gibbs Murphy Byrne
Wright Casboult Kerridge
Summer L.Jones Thomas
Phillips Cripps ; E.Curnow
Kreuzer , C.Curnow , Tuohy , Lamb

Can't believe I've picked Jones but he does free up casboult to Play further up the ground

Best 22 assuming 77035LB4IQ injuries

Simpson Rowe Plowman
Gibbs Murphy Byrne
Wright Casboult Kerridge
Summer L.Jones Thomas

Can't believe I've picked Jones but he does free up casboult to Play further up the ground
Jones has been hitting the packs hard and creating a contest, really enjoying what he's done this season

Jones has been hitting the packs hard and creating a contest, really enjoying what he's done this season

I think he's shown some improvement in the area's he needed too but needs to hit the scoreboard more. I want to see him leading out into space more, specifically multiple leads and taking marks out at full stretch, then kicking truly. Once he rounds his game out doing that plus keeps his defensive pressure acts moving forward, he'll be ok. Needs to keep building his game week by week or else .....

That's the thing for me. The players are playing better in part because they are being used to their strengths, given the right roles. Another part, is also a work in progress - working out the right combination playing together. BB is smart. Both players and coaches working through this together.

Best 22 assuming no injuries

Simpson Rowe Plowman
Gibbs Murphy Byrne
Wright Casboult Kerridge
Summer L.Jones Thomas

We would all love a back pocket and half back Kade Simpson but who did you mean to put here?

I'm rapt for the bloke. From what I've seen he works his clacker off, I'm really happy it is paying off for him and I hope like hell he keeps it up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back