Universal Love 2016 Brownlow Medal Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

And the long pause when Bontempelli got votes. What was that about??

Yeah I found that a bit odd too. He was never in the running or even close, but for some reason he paused for him as if he was about to take the lead every time he read his name.

The room cheered like he'd just taken the lead as well, even though he was still 10 votes behind. Weird.

CtSJn8SUsAAJ3N3

Well done to Ed, his first 3 votes in the Brownlow

Was anyone else annoyed by Dangerfield's fist pumping when he got votes ? Thought it was pathetic and unbecoming.

Danger is my least favourite Brownlow winner since Woewodin beat Kouta in 2000.

Was anyone else annoyed by Dangerfield's fist pumping when he got votes ? Thought it was pathetic and unbecoming.

Danger is my least favourite Brownlow winner since Woewodin beat Kouta in 2000.
Would it have been better going to Dusty who just couldn't wait to start partying afterwards?
I think I actually came out of last night liking Danger a little bit more. He was having fun with it. Cripps was making some cheers motions when they cut to him after getting votes. No biggie.

I can't stand the pregnant pause.

Just call the thing without "(pause) C. Enright 2 votes.Geelong (pause) P (pause) Dangerfield".

You're a clown, Gillon.
It was quite funny during the red carpet bit (it was on in the background, don't judge me!), Hamish interviewed Gil and asked him "Do you know how many players on the Geelong list have a name starting with P?"
The answer was one (technically there's 2, but I don't think Padraig Lucey was going to factor into the votes).

Would it have been better going to Dusty who just couldn't wait to start partying afterwards?
I think I actually came out of last night liking Danger a little bit more. He was having fun with it. Cripps was making some cheers motions when they cut to him after getting votes. No biggie.

It's weird, I actually really liked Dangerfield up until this season, I have to say, I thought I did think he did the dirty on Adelaide by leaving six months after Phil Walsh's death, I felt he should have stuck around for another 2 years and win a flag there, and then go home. (That's what I would have done in that scenario, would have felt I owed it to win a flag for Walshy)

Then we had to be subjected to all this Moggs Creek crap all year (someone posted that on the main board), surfing in a business suit etc. Really got sick and tired of all the Dangerfield media hype, and FYI, his record in finals still doesn't hold up to scrutiny compared to other greats in the game (especially Buddy)

Anyhow, not going to mention Dustin Martin anymore, was seriously hoping Lukey Parker or Dan Han would pinch the Charlie off him, first time in 20 years that I didn't bother listening to the winning acceptance speech, that's how much I got bothered by Danger winning it.

Ah well, least I can enjoy a stress/angst free grand final, i'll be happy with whichever team wins the Granny, so that's something.

Best thing about the night were Swanny's tweets. Rest of it was boring and drawn out way too much.

Heard from a good source that Dusty was still going at 7 this morning.

Your kidding, some say the process should be sped up, no way. The brownlow has been spoiled in the past 5 or so yrs with how ridiculously fast the votes are called. The brownlow is traditional and votes should be called as they used to be, the AFL have taken away the excitement of the brownlow count because of how fast the votes are read and need to go back to the slower vote reading as it used to be. Fast reading of votes has somewhat spoiled brownlow viewing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back