Toast 2016 Club Champion

For those interested, Justin Clarke's speech from the night now up on the Lions website. Seems like a great fella and it clearly meant a lot to him.

He got me misty again. He should think about coaching - his heart is still with the club, still passionate about footy and he smart enough to become one hell of a tactician.

Players would respond well to his motivational speeches - how he always wanted the opportunity that they are living out but was lost for him at 22. I'd love him as a junior assistant with the reserves.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
just watched Rockys speech from the B&F, pretty standard stuff.

although he did mention that Matt Hass and Shane Lemke are finishing up, not too surprising considering the horrid run with injury we have had the last 2 years.

Big Lion

Club Legend
Aug 10, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
For those interested, Justin Clarke's speech from the night now up on the Lions website. Seems like a great fella and it clearly meant a lot to him.

http://www.lions.com.au/video/2016-09-06/retirement-speech-justin-clarke

I reckon his a step up from a great fella. Smart, looks like he loved the club and loved playing footy. It will hurt to loose him but he comes across as a quality individual who will excel at whatever he does. Great speech. We are losing a few great club men this year. Fingers crossed those filling the breach step up to the level that's been set by those departing.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Lester top 10?

Saw about half of the Lions games..including that one where Lobb ran past him.

patfullfankezz

Puhuhuhuhu!
Jul 28, 2011
Brisbane!
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Heat, Wigan Athletic
Completely 100% NOT FAIR what happened to Justin. Anyone who thinks the game is going soft can get ****ed, these boys are human and have to live with the consequences!

Back