Official Club Stuff 2016 Club Memberships - Final Tally now in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone know when the season cut-off for memberships is? I've watched a lot of the dogs this year and they've entertained the hell out of me for the majority of those games. However, as an AFL member, they don't get any money out of me! So I was considering buying my Dog-supporting brother an interstate membership if it'll help them get to 40k.

With just over 38k now, are they likely to get there? Or is the cut-off in the next week or 2, which will obviously make it difficult for them to make it?

Does anyone know when the season cut-off for memberships is? I've watched a lot of the dogs this year and they've entertained the hell out of me for the majority of those games. However, as an AFL member, they don't get any money out of me! So I was considering buying my Dog-supporting brother an interstate membership if it'll help them get to 40k.

With just over 38k now, are they likely to get there? Or is the cut-off in the next week or 2, which will obviously make it difficult for them to make it?
Cutoff to be eligible for finals tickets and counted in the official total is the end of July. Clubs should have this in their terms and conditions on their website.

all clubs now reported in for last year

2015Memberrevenues.png
Highlights how much the AFL is paying for GWS. Its going to be a long long time before they are even close to being self funded.

What percentage of their revenue comes from the AFL, after taking matchday and sponsorship into account?

I can't find the figures I saw ages ago
The demons memberships are funny as in the MCC memberships the demons are by far the most supports team followed by the pies & bombers

That wouldn't surprise me, they might only buy both when they are going well I guess.

Crows break Membership Record, 63,920 as at today.

Article from afc.com.au

Crows break membership record

16 June 2016 4:04 PM
The Adelaide Football Club has broken its all-time membership record, with the Crows fast-approaching a total of 64,000 members for the first time in its 26-year history.

The Club’s current total of 63,920 members, achieved 12 rounds into the 2016 season, surpasses the 2015 benchmark of 63,038.

The figure is expected to continue to grow, with five matches at Adelaide Oval remaining this season.

Importantly, the number of 11-game members who have access to every Crows home game at Adelaide Oval is once again among the industry’s best.

Crows home games at Adelaide Oval have been consistently sold out this season, with an average crowd of 48,181 attending the first six home games of 2016.

Following the Club’s next two home blockbusters against North Melbourne (June 23) and Collingwood (July 16), the average attendance is expected to rise further.

Crows Chief Executive Officer Andrew Fagan thanked the Club’s supporters for their ongoing loyalty and support which would be the envy of many sporting clubs around the world.

“We’re extremely proud to have surpassed our previous membership record at this stage of the season and I’d like to thank all of our members who have renewed or joined the Club in 2016,” Fagan said.

“There’s no doubt that our members are some of the most passionate in the country and they continue to show our players, coaches, staff and volunteers extraordinary support.

“Since moving to Adelaide Oval in 2014 we have consistently had amongst the highest home match attendances in the AFL and we’re proud to see that trend continue this season.

“We’re extremely grateful for the way every one of our members gets behind our Club, not only by filling the stadium for our home matches but also through wearing our merchandise, engaging with our digital platform and supporting other initiatives such as The Crows Show.”

The Club still has 3-game membership packages available from $95. There are also tickets available for next Thursday night’s clash against North Melbourne.For more information visit 19thman.com.au.

The

(Log in to remove this ad.)

New membership record set today for GWS - 13,522.

May break 15000 this year.

And for those thinking that's pretty low, it's actually more than most Sydney based NRL clubs.

Average Showgrounds attendances against all clubs except Sydney.

2016 - 10,562 - Western Sydney
2015 - 9,821 - Western Sydney
2014 - 8,747 - Western Sydney

Giants are growing out in Western Sydney!

No. And it's a fairly ridiculous question to be honest.

How many people have second favourite teams? How many would buy memberships to that team?

I think I spoke a page or 2 back about wanting to buy a dogs membership because my brother is a fan, and because I'd seen them a lot this season and generally been very entertained. I felt a bit bad that they would get very little (if anything) from me as an AFL member. So I ended up buying the membership in my brothers name and keeping the card for myself. I reckon there'd be more than a handful, but I doubt we'd be talking hundreds.

I think I spoke a page or 2 back about wanting to buy a dogs membership because my brother is a fan, and because I'd seen them a lot this season and generally been very entertained. I felt a bit bad that they would get very little (if anything) from me as an AFL member. So I ended up buying the membership in my brothers name and keeping the card for myself. I reckon there'd be more than a handful, but I doubt we'd be talking hundreds.

And I doubt the Bulldogs are the only team who have people who do this.

It was a stupidly framed initial question that is impossible to answer and would be impossible for any club's supporters to answer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back