• Shannon Hurn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jack Darling

• OTHER (let's get real)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

i didnt underrate him at the time tho. He's come on in leaps and bounds since then. I did say that he isnt elite and i still don't think he is. A charlie or AA might change that. His numbers a cross thr board have increased,. Only his goals and in side 50's have decreased but thats more to him being forced to become one of our extractors cause reddens been out of form and sheeds injury.

I was kidding - yes, you have been consistent with your assessment. If Shuey did not loose nearly 2 years at the start of his career then he would be rated a lot higher by now.

I was kidding - yes, you have been consistent with your assessment. If Shuey did not loose nearly 2 years at the start of his career then he would be rated a lot higher by now.
yeah thats true. To be honest he isnt that far off. One thing thats impressed me is that he is now having his say in games when the rest of the side doesn't. Thats what better plays tend to do. Before he was just one of those guys going missing. His work also in tight has improved and has become a beast in the contest. I still reckon he might need another balanced inside mid partner to release a bit of pressure of his shoulders.

Media is just so eastern biased down here. Was just listening to SEN, apparently watts was the better pick then the highlights reel that is NN.
Watts is having a cracking year. Just typical media trying to beat a story up rather than present it on its merits.

Media is just so eastern biased down here. Was just listening to SEN, apparently watts was the better pick then the highlights reel that is NN.

Easy to spew out puss like this when one player is (finally) playing some consistently decent footy whilst the other hasn't played the last 4-5 weeks...

Last edited:
Andy Maher was towing the same line on that turd of a program 'Friday Front Bar'. Pretty much saying "But what does Nic Naitanui actually do?".

Watts is having a cracking year. Just typical media trying to beat a story up rather than present it on its merits.

He is having a very good year and is starting to repay some of the faith but really he is nowhere near nic nat and has got a fair way before he even gets close to darling career so far. He played on a kid on the weekend and was able to beat him, well done Jack.

Andy Maher was towing the same line on that turd of a program 'Friday Front Bar'. Pretty much saying "But what does Nic Naitanui actually do?".
Melbourne media does what Melbourne media do, Nic Nats value is probably somewhere between what "The West Australian"* thinks it iss, and generic Melbourne media member thinks.

*Note I haven't lived in Perth since 2004, so i'm just guessing going on reports/Freo fans crying, that this is the case.

That's the thing. If NN was shite we would have turned on him Masten style. But eagles fans are united in knowing how critical NN is to us. Watts is still a whipping boy.

Over east they don't actually look at what he does. But argue what he doesn't do by cherry picking stats irrelevant to his game.

As for bias, not like WA radio isn't bias towards WA teams. No need for vic media to act National. Apart from fox footy shows and the like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shuey is in AA form...but will he get a gig though?
Token 40man squad nomination "has to come first" it seems. But as always, midfield is too hotly contested to waltz straight in.
So a squad nomination is all we could hope for. If McGovern keeps up his good form, the he & Kennedy will be our 2 AA's (not seeing Gaff make it again)

Carlton v West Coast
9 Docherty (Carl), 6 Gaff (WCE), 6 McGovern (WCE), 3 Le Cras (WCE), 3 Shuey (WCE), 2 Simpson (Carl), 1 Gibbs (Carl).

5 + 4 - Docherty
4 + 2 - Gaff / Gov
3 + 0 - Shuey / Lecca
2 + 0 - Simpson
1 + 5 - Gov / Gaff
0 + 3 - Lecca / Shuey
0 + 1 - Gibbs

shuey will have a tough end to the season. GWS, Hawks and crows. We will need to win or have them games go to the wire for shuey to poll.

Looks like Don Pyke and Nathan Buckley differed completely on the votes in this game - surely a first?

ADELAIDE v COLLINGWOOD
5 Brad Crouch (Adel)
5 Tom Lynch (Adel)
4 Rory Sloane (Adel)
4 Daniel Talia (Adel)
3 Ricky Henderson (Adel)
3 Jarryd Lyons (Adel)
2 Ben Sinclair (Coll)
2 Adam Treloar (Coll)
1 Taylor Adams (Coll)
1 Brodie Grundy (Coll)

West Coast v Melbourne
(smashed in the votes as well)

8 Tyson (Melb), 7 N. Jones (Melb), 4 Kent (Melb), 4 Priddis (WCE), 4 Viney (Melb), 2 McGovern (WCE), 1 Hurn (WCE).

Back