List Mgmt. 2016 Contract status

Remove this Banner Ad

Apeness will stay and, micky will be retained - he's as freo as it gets... he's also the best tagger we currently have and arguably the best mudlark ever to play the game. (It's still a winter sport). The only thing that might force Barlow out of the squad is injury... failing that, he ain't going anywhere.

Al this "Barlow leaving" crap is just media spin trying to make a headline about freo that people will want to read, given it's the tail-end of a losing season. Anyone who seriously thinks that Barlow is done/leaving the team next year is crazy... and that includes the selection committee.

Couldn't agree more.

"He is one of my favourites even though I am not allowed favourites" says Ross twice recently until he got tied of answering the question. Read between the lines folks - Micky was challenged and came up trumps, the only thing that would stop his re-signing is the length of deal we offer or his injury recovery. It is far more likely that Micky will be with us next year.

Talking about media spin it has been fascinating watching all the lazy jornos jumping on the Walters could go to GWS. for goodness sake even Mick Malthouse nearly chocked when he heard that one. Mick, to his credit, said Walters was one of the best small forwards in the business and if he was in Melbourne he would be very very highly rated and could not fathom that trade.

Will go down as one of my most favourite players ever alongside Pav and Fyfe. I just love Michael Barlow and his XXXS guernseys
He also look pretty awesome with those bra type of outfit during previous pre season.

I've never cried when a player has been traded away or delisted etc...but I will if Barlow gets traded. I really really hope Freo give him a new contract
I will literally fight anybody who trades Michael Barlow.

This is what I see happening...
Pavlich - Retire
De Boer - Retire
C. Pearce - Delist
Silvagni - Trade
Hannath - Delist/Trade
Mzungu - Delist
Apeness - Sign
Clarke - Sign
Barlow - Sign
Mayne - Trade
Langdon - Sign
Grey - Sign/Trade
Hurley - Sign (Upgrade to senior list)
Morabito - Retire

Can't see us turfing both of Hannath and Clarke. Personally I would keep Clarke as Hannath is too slow. One will need to stay unless we pick up a ready made ruckman (22ys+)

Should give us around 7-8 live picks.

Langdon - Sign
Grey - Sign/Trade
Morabito - Retire

Can't see us turfing both of Hannath and Clarke. Personally I would keep Clarke as Hannath is too slow. One will need to stay unless we pick up a ready made ruckman (22ys+)

Hannath is not an AFL standard player, very bad idea to re-recruit him, has been clogging the list for too long.
I hope you are right about Langdon, but my feeling is he is going home to melbourne

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is what I want to happen:

Pavlich: retire
Johnson: retire
Griffin: retire
Mzungu: retire
Morabito: rookie (think he will retire)
Hurley: upgrade
Nyhuis: upgrade
Uebergang: upgrade
Hannath: delist/trade
De Boer: delist/trade
C Pearce: delist/trade
Silvagni: delist/trade
Deluca: delist/trade
Grey: sign
Mayne: FA
Clarke: sign
Barlow: sign
Langdon: sign (think he will go)

This gives us 9/10 main listed players leaving and 3 rookies in. We would need to fill 4/5 main list spots to adhere to the minimum of 38 that is required with our draft picks and trading. Go deep in this draft if they think the talent is there, or next years if they think it is better.

I would only entertain trading Barlow if it netted Freo an early 2nd rounder. Not worth it if it is anything later.

Pavlich - Retire
De Boer - Retire
C. Pearce - Delist
Silvagni - Trade
Hannath - Delist/Trade
Mzungu - Delist
Apeness - Sign
Clarke - Sign
Barlow - Sign
Mayne - Trade
Langdon - Sign
Grey - Sign/Trade
Morabito - Retire

Agree except for Silvagni (who RTB loved for his efforts on the weekend and is going to be needed with the fragility of MJ and general crapness of Dawson). There is a chance (more for Clancee) that one of CPearce or DePig will be retained as a depth player. Grey is very borderline between sign/trade or trade/delist.

Was signing autographs outside Subi on Sunday - RTB must have slipped an extra in there for him to put his moniker on.

RTB in a fake moustache lines up behind a group of kids, with a mysterious piece of paper covered up. Michael greets him with a 'Hey Ross', to which Ross does not reply (although his eyes go wide and he clearly panics and starts looking around, murmuring under his breath). As Michael signs the paper with a confused look on his face, RTB rips the paper away from him and runs away, laughing maniacally

RTB in a fake moustache lines up behind a group of kids, with a mysterious piece of paper covered up. Michael greets him with a 'Hey Ross', to which Ross does not reply (although his eyes go wide and he clearly panics and starts looking around, murmuring under his breath). As Michael signs the paper with a confused look on his face, RTB rips the paper away from him and runs away, laughing maniacally
Can't imagine how he was recognised..
AFL+Rd+4+North+Melbourne+v+Fremantle+T35xnoPPK_sl.jpg

Pavlich - Retire
De Boer - Retire
C. Pearce - Delist
Silvagni - Trade
Hannath - Delist/Trade
Mzungu - Delist
Apeness - Sign
Clarke - Sign
Barlow - Sign
Mayne - Trade
Langdon - Sign
Grey - Sign/Trade
Morabito - Retire

Interesting on the Free agency page on the AFL website

http://www.afl.com.au/trade/free-agency

It mentions that both Clancy Pearce and Matt De Boer are not without their admirers and that their WAFL form has been watched closely.
It also states that Mayne is more than likely to stay.

I hope we sign Langdon more than anyone else on the the above list to be honest with Barlow a close second.

Gee it was 99% that Silvagni was gone (still 90%), due more to unavailability rather than ability, massive 4 weeks for Silvagni and it may yet end up 50/50

Remove this Banner Ad

Back