Position 2016 Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would you rather out of Simpson and Docherty? I know on form you'd say Docherty but I'm looking more long term. Can docherty keep up his scores? Or would Simpson be a better option for pretty much the same price?
Both very good options who do like the most.
Both score pretty close to each other...

I'm gonna go with Simpson, I really can't justify spending that much on both of them however they both continue to score.
I beleive Simpson will be more consistent from now on plus every one has jumped on the docherty bandwagon which puts me off need a somewhat different side.

Mitch brown out Simpson in.

Tippa, DBJ and Wags all providing great coverage. Defo won't upgrade until very last

It really has almost got to the point of not wanting to upgrade in defence until a couple of weeks after the byes. Unless someone still doesn't have Shaw, I think we're talking about a weekly points difference of no more than 20. Whereas upgrading on other lines (eg: BenKen/Kerridge > Zorko/Deledio, or Kerridge/Libba > Pendles>Hanners) could be more in the 30-40 points range per week.

I've played it safe with my trades (still have 20 remaining) because of this, and am quite happy to go with just the 2 DEF premiums right now (Shaw & Doc). Laird & Rance have always been my targets & they'll be ripe for the picking after the byes.

It really has almost got to the point of not wanting to upgrade in defence until a couple of weeks after the byes. Unless someone still doesn't have Shaw, I think we're talking about a weekly points difference of no more than 20. Whereas upgrading on other lines (eg: BenKen/Kerridge > Zorko/Deledio, or Kerridge/Libba > Pendles>Hanners) could be more in the 30-40 points range per week.

I've played it safe with my trades (still have 20 remaining) because of this, and am quite happy to go with just the 2 DEF premiums right now (Shaw & Doc). Laird & Rance have always been my targets & they'll be ripe for the picking after the byes.
Rance b/e will around 130 he could drop to around 490 ish.
McVeigh will be around 440 ish only one good score but looked better.

I've still got 4 premiums in defence (Shaw, Bartel, Laird I started with, added K Simpson 2 weeks ago), but I don't see myself making any more barring injury until after byes.

Lids, Gray next 2 weeks will nearly have me ready to ride the wave home

I've still got 4 premiums in defence (Shaw, Bartel, Laird I started with, added K Simpson 2 weeks ago), but I don't see myself making any more barring injury until after byes.

Lids, Gray next 2 weeks will nearly have me ready to ride the wave home

Running with 5 premo defenders and Tippa on the field.

Laird should be back, but a week earlier would have been nice, would have saved me the 19 from spud Hartley.

Gray and Lids are 2 im looking at as well. Gray before the byes, but Lids will have to wait.

Running with 5 premo defenders and Tippa on the field.
Laird should be back, but a week earlier would have been nice, would have saved me the 19 from spud Hartley.
Gray and Lids are 2 im looking at as well. Gray before the byes, but Lids will have to wait.
Happy with my defence. It let me down badly last season and I did not want a repeat.
Also, got 5 premo defenders and Tippa on the field. Started with Shaw, Laird & Bartel and have added Simpson and Docherty.
Deledio is an in for me this week.

Finished my defense as long as teams go to plan.

Shaw, Simpson, Boyd, Laird, McVeigh, Macmillan.
(Byrne, Brand)

Might flip Macmillan for a better premo if he hasn't lifted by his bye. Prob for Doc or JJ.

My backs are done!

it's a shame I don't have Shaw, or Boyd, or Simpson, or Rance... :$

Docherty, Laird, Pittard, McVeigh, Rich, Birchall

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My backline still isn't finished but its not a major concern for me at the moment.

Shaw, Boyd, Simpson, Laird, Byrne_Jones, Tippa (S.Collins, Brand)

Will look at bringing in Rance during the byes.
We have almost the same backline I have Adams you have the tipmister.

Tippa, DBJ and Wags all providing great coverage. Defo won't upgrade until very last

Agreed my def of heater, jimmyb, tippa, adams, rich and tmac are doing well enough that i can't justify 'upgrading' to guys like doch, rance, simpson etc.

Sure doch etc may score slightly more than my mob, but not enough more to cover the cost in terms of $ and trades.

Having said that though, i do intend on eventually upgrading/sideways-ing 2 of rich, tmac, tippa, adams....
But damned if i know which ones though.

I'll have to figure that out during/after byes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back