Position 2016 Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brought in Boyd last week and now pretty concerned about this JJ news - Boyd was scoring a lot worse at the start of the year when both were in the team.

Cant see JJ going straight back to his early season form, would think he will take a few weeks before that happens if at all. Boyd is now settled and moving up the ground, I would say JJ will affect Suckling more.

McVeigh seems awesome value at 443k. Looking at bringing him in next week as my final back upgrade, would mean passing up Bartel and Boyd though... Currently Shaw, Doc, Simpson, Rance, Laird and DBJ (Collins, Lee). Thoughts?

Im thinking the same, except it will mean forgoing Simpson, but that extra 100K is mighty tempting.

McVeigh seems awesome value at 443k. Looking at bringing him in next week as my final back upgrade, would mean passing up Bartel and Boyd though... Currently Shaw, Doc, Simpson, Rance, Laird and DBJ (Collins, Lee). Thoughts?

Would rather Bartel over McVeigh anyday. :rainbow:

If I bring in Laird (as semi-planned) this week, we'll have the same 6 on-field. (Ruggles, Tucker for me)...I have McVeigh.

...but yeah, the Bartel dilemma...

Problem is I'm about $20k short of Wagner -> Laird, so it'll take 2 trades anyway, which means it's probably worth going Bartel. (BYES aside.)

OR...

Can anyone stomach the thought of Shane Savage?? St. Kilda people?

Averaging over 90...in 7 losses (presumably the ball spends more time in their back half...91+ DT points in 5 of the 7), he's tonned up 4 times @ 96.8.

How many can they win down the stretch? v. Ess. v. Bris and 3 maybes...

Potentially the same kind of output as Laird, or am I being overly optimistic??

I love taking a speculative defender, always add a bit of fun (and anger)

Sam Mayes is on my radar for 2017

His year has gone a little something like this...

He got dropped for round 5,
he returned in round 6 and had a couple crap games,
then from round 8 til now, playing as a running half back, he's averaged:
22 disposals and 84 SC points, rocking a solid 5-game average of 90

He'll start next year priced at a ~75 average, I'll guess about ~$390k

Currently priced at $415k... anybody got the balls to bring him in now as a cheap, final def keeper?

Currently priced at $415k... anybody got the balls to bring him in now as a cheap, final def keeper?

Not a bad one at all mate, im hoping that rampe can make the step up to a premo next year too, if Talia and or AJ come back in the team it should free up Rampe even more to make some serious sc points. Maybe even Mills also to a certain degree depending on what role they play him next year.

Maybe im being biased with these 2 picks but they both have potential to become solid options down back.

The Tom Sheridan debacle is still too fresh in my mind for me

Yeah i got burnt by K.K this year in a similar situation, i really thought it was going to be a break out year for him. It was kind of biased thinking though as he is best mates with a workmate of mine. although his scoring late last year certainly influenced me too.

Another defender who could be some good value next year is that Hunt from Melbourne, although hes probably a year or 2 away yet.

Haha, yeah that would have sucked

I started with Sutcliffe last year LOL

Sheridan, Sutcliffe, Newnes, Webster, MacMillan...
Newnes was fine, he ended up averaging 91

And you can't count MacMillan, he was priced close to $500k, he was a premium pick (as was KK)

Talking mid pricers, "breakout potential" players, averaging 80 or less in the past, priced under $450k

Can definitely add Rich and Yeo to the failed list

Newnes was fine, he ended up averaging 91

And you can't count MacMillan, he was priced close to $500k, he was a premium pick (as was KK)

Talking mid pricers, "breakout potential" players, averaging 80 or less in the past, priced under $450k

Can definitely add Rich and Yeo to the failed list
Cutler...........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keep an eye on Mayes next year. Started off poorly this year due to a number of reason. He's very much a confidence player and someone that is susceptible to letting off field and personal problems affect his on field performance more than most. But he's been super for us since round 10 or so. That elite keeping we all knew he could produce, has worked it's way back into his game. Certainly looking a hell of a lot more comfortable in his new HBF position. I'd look elsewhere for the rest of this year though.

Cutler...........

Cuts has picked up a few lingering injuries this year. Take out injury affected games and he averages just over 83 points a game. Another to look at next year depending on his price tag.

TMac is on my radar... $372k with a BE of 79

Last season, he:
  • Averaged 96 and played 22 games
  • Had 9 scores over 100
  • Had 7 scores 84-99
  • Had 6 scores under 68

If he scores 90+ this coming weekend, I'll be very tempted to bring him in (as will many)
Why don't I listen to my own advice :(

at $370k, has averaged 96 since

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back