Recruiting Trade/Draft Talk III - Zaharakis for a SIG BET?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, McGrath looks a great midfielder, sure he shows Dash of hb, but when ive seen him in the stoppage I reckon hes great, has a beautiful use of the body to protect space, to push off Into the balls path, to grab the pill and burst away. These are parts of the midfielders craft. He's no one truck pony hb flanker.

Want underage midfielders, ones who have the nous and guile and the basic foundations to eventually become AFL midfielders.

Dont mind it but at least keep it relevant to us.
Of course you do. That's what everyone wants. But tell me, which would you rather:

Heppell (def), Z Merrett (fwd), Langford (fwd), Laverde (fwd), Fantasia (fwd), McGrath (def), Gleeson (def), Myers (def), Colyer (fwd), Parish (fwd), Francis (fwd/def), Redman (fwd), Long (fwd), McKenna (fwd/def) all rotating through the midfield with Walla playing permanent forward or keep 3 half backs, 2 forwards and rotating pure midfielders through there. If you have 14/15/16/17 players who can play multiple positions to the level that AFL requires, you have a side that can break the game wide open.

Mitch Clark delisted by Geelong. Worth the risk?

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would take Green, he is actually a good player just very difficult role in a team that was poor. I think he would push for best 22 if given the opportunity.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

do you reckon we can afford to wait on Ronke?

i know we have rookie dibs but is there a feeliong about the palce that he could go in the actual draft? im dead keen.
I think he'd be a genuine chance to go anywhere from 40+. He looked incredibly quick at the state combine! And he showed he could be very damaging in the TAC Cup.

If Green's salary is a low one, he would definitely be worth a spot on our list.
He only turned 24 in August.
Here are some highlights from 2012 (when he was 20).

Is X Richards the best available in the PSD? Is he best 22? I can't see who's spot he's taking.

As great a team as Sydney are, they aren't overly deep (their bottom four-odd of their best 22 aren't great). I fear Richards could be overrated purely because he's a Swans player. Not that we're giving away heaps with the 1st Pick of the PSD or anything, just can't see too many benefits to adding him.

Very happy with Uysal as a Cat B rookie. His kicking is below average but if we can get that up to par he's got everything else going for him (decent speed, runs all day, finds the ball inside and out). He's unlikely to be at Coburg next year anyway, I would rather him at Essendon if that's unable to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back