List Mgmt. 2016 Delisted Free Agents

Remove this Banner Ad

This is fair. I do think we'll see Greenwood playing a role in the 22 by the end of the year. I don't see Menzel/Hampton/Milera being used as that hard bodied type, like Dunkley or Smith. Knight I also see being used more on the outside. Maybe 13 will develop enough to become a best 22 component, like Dunkley did?
I wouldn't plan around it .......again think people after an over the top optimistic view of Menzel in 2016, have now done a 180 degree and are slightly pessimistic ?

IMO his talent is still elite ......his application improving & i'm extremely optimistic of Menzels 2017 season

I wouldn't plan around it .......again think people after an over the top optimistic view of Menzel in 2016, have now done a 180 degree and are slightly pessimistic ?

IMO his talent is still elite ......his application improving & i'm extremely optimistic of Menzels 2017 season
Don't get where you saw the pessimism about Menzel in that post? I'm very optimistic about his chances - just don't see him as a Smith-type hard bodied player, rather playing the Stevie J role

Don't get where you saw the pessimism about Menzel in that post? I'm very optimistic about his chances - just don't see him as a Smith-type hard bodied player, rather playing the Stevie J role
I was talking in a general BF board sense ......not directed at any comment you had made ;)

I was talking in a general BF board sense ......not directed at any comment you had made ;)
Ah fair point then :p

Anyway, I wouldn't be planning on pick 13 developing quickly either, so I'd draft someone like Bolton and give him and CEY a round one opportunity. My bet is that Greenwood would replace CEY by the end of the year, and that Bolton would keep his place (barring massive improvement from a Gore-type). I do think someone Venables, Berry and especially Brodie could contribute something when given the chance.

Ah fair point then :p

Anyway, I wouldn't be planning on pick 13 developing quickly either, so I'd draft someone like Bolton and give him and CEY a round one opportunity. My bet is that Greenwood would replace CEY by the end of the year, and that Bolton would keep his place (barring massive improvement from a Gore-type). I do think someone Venables, Berry and especially Brodie could contribute something when given the chance.
:thumbsu:

Which Bolton are you referring too?

Lots of success stories come from the state league. I reckon our side could do with a Menegola/Barlow-type to help out our immediate inside mid depth problem. Although he's not exactly the same type as the names mentioned above, I reckon a Jye Bolton could perform quite well in our side for a few years at the least.
Sometimes it works out, a lot of the time it doesn't. I'm sure our recruitment team would be well on top of the situation, and well aware of the options available.

This is fair. I do think we'll see Greenwood playing a role in the 22 by the end of the year. I don't see Menzel/Hampton/Milera being used as that hard bodied type, like Dunkley or Smith. Knight I also see being used more on the outside. Maybe 13 will develop enough to become a best 22 component, like Dunkley did?

What about a 185cm at 85kg plus Kid with 32 games under his belt in Rory Atkins, he would be capable of playing that role more so with another full preseason under his belt. then the CC is he inside or outside, one thing we most likely agree on he a hard body.
Also I would not rule out Hampton as that hard bodied type. after what could be his first full preseason since 2014, Was developing into a very good player until, the Ankle and shoulder injuries in 2014, show the lack of of a full preseason and struggle to get into the side in 2015 and then did the Ankle,
I expect a couple of surprises,

What about a 185cm at 85kg plus Kid with 32 games under his belt in Rory Atkins, he would be capable of playing that role more so with another full preseason under his belt. then the CC is he inside or outside, one thing we most likely agree on he a hard body.
Also I would not rule out Hampton as that hard bodied type. after what could be his first full preseason since 2014, Was developing into a very good player until, the Ankle and shoulder injuries in 2014, show the lack of of a full preseason and struggle to get into the side in 2015 and then did the Ankle,
I expect a couple of surprises,
Rat can play on the inside when he learns to be hard at it and tackle consistently. CC's probably best played either on the outside or as that player who runs through a pack at lightning speed to win a clearance, not a player you'd want at the coalface.

Hampton will never be an inside player, you can bookmark that more than anything.

Rat can play on the inside when he learns to be hard at it and tackle consistently. CC's probably best played either on the outside or as that player who runs through a pack at lightning speed to win a clearance, not a player you'd want at the coalface.

Hampton will never be an inside player, you can bookmark that more than anything.

We are talking about Josh Dunkley and Clay Smith like Players at the Crows, If so then Atkins and Hampton can play Dunkley type positions and CC is a match for Smith.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are talking about Josh Dunkley and Clay Smith like Players at the Crows, If so then Atkins and Hampton can play Dunkley type positions and CC is a match for Smith.
Rat and Hampton are nowhere near as hard at it as Dunkley. Can see where you get the Smith/CC comparison, but CC's electric outside run is too invaluable.

Rat and Hampton are nowhere near as hard at it as Dunkley. Can see where you get the Smith/CC comparison, but CC's electric outside run is too invaluable.

I'll Wait till 2017 pre season games before I right of Atkins and Hampton hardness at the ball, I remember an earlier version of Hampton before his ankle and Shoulder injuries and the direction he was heading. He was heading back there towards the end of the SANFL season.
Atkins biggest weakness has been body size, Due to that he lacked a bit of confidence, but late last year he started to go in harder, give him another solid preseason and he will be a good size Midfielder that can hunt his own ball.
It will be hard to play CC in the midfield and expect him to an total outside mid, he play inside outside where his pace will be more damaging. He will improve our stoppage game.

Was making general views on Menzel, not directed at you or your post

I'm still pessimistic. I watched him on TV in a few late-season SANFL games and was somewhat bemused. Contrary to the impressions given by others, he looked perfectly fit and worked very hard around the ball all over the ground, but I could barely see any X-factor at all despite looking very hard. I do remember it from when he played against us at Carlton, but it seems to have gone.

Everyone thinks my comments are directly aimed at them ......yes sometimes i am directly responding, but often i am then making a broader generalized view ;)
Doesn't change the fact that you replied with the exact same thing last night:

I'm still pessimistic. I watched him on TV in a few late-season SANFL games and was somewhat bemused. Contrary to the impressions given by others, he looked perfectly fit and worked very hard around the ball all over the ground, but I could barely see any X-factor at all despite looking very hard. I do remember it from when he played against us at Carlton, but it seems to have gone.
The ol chestnut of lacking fitness, continued to grow during the season, almost to mythical proportions as if it was the only reason he wasn't playing AFL

The Crows have been re-programming him to hunt the ball, rather than simply hang out to receive, like he did at Carlton
If you have the space by hanging out of the contest, yes you do have the extra time to appear to have "X" factor ......but that's harder when you're going into the contest

The club is also teaching another pure outsider to hunt the ball .....Atkins

You won't survive at the AFC as a pure outsider .....Menzel took some great strides last season, and i expect him to go to another level next season .......hardwork and confidence will see some "X" factor IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back