List Mgmt. 2016 Delisted Free Agents

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints delisted Templeton? Surprised by that, would definitely look at him.

In a team where poor kicking is a major issue, why pick up a guy who would automatically become the worst kick in the team. Massive no to Barlow.

I see the Hawks cut Angus Litherland, he's someone I always thought wasn't a bad defender on either talls or smalls and has a booming leg on him, he's someone we should look at especially with the uncertainty around Shaw's future.

Templeton has some really good qualities about him as well, Henry Schade was a pick 24 for GC back in 2011, 197cm key defender who has been stuck behind May and Thompson most of his career, could do worse than to look at them.

Something the whole industry could get better at is not discarding delisted players so easily from the system without looking at throwing them a lifeline.

I see the Hawks cut Angus Litherland, he's someone I always thought wasn't a bad defender on either talls or smalls and has a booming leg on him, he's someone we should look at especially with the uncertainty around Shaw's future.

Templeton has some really good qualities about him as well, Henry Schade was a pick 24 for GC back in 2011, 197cm key defender who has been stuck behind May and Thompson most of his career, could do worse than to look at them.

Something the whole industry could get better at is not discarding delisted players so easily from the system without looking at throwing them a lifeline.

Schade is actually the one I was most interested in. Is a real KPD and that is something we have next to no depth in. I believe we were interested in his draft year.

1st quarter v Syd. Which of either Barlow or Dal might have got their hands on the ball?

Good question. Lyons probably.

Is Dal slower than Barlow?
Does he have a better leg than Barlow?
Are we after accumulators or speed and precision ball movement?

In all honesty, I dont want either of them, but if we are going to go by what the club says it needs then Dalsanto is closer to the mark than Barlow.
If we are after someone to simply rack up disposals then we should have made a play for Rockliff.

I thought everyone wanted to give the likes if Wigg, CEY, Menzel, Hampton a crack or are they list cloggers by bringing in a player that one of the bottom teams couldn't find a spot for probably so they can promote youth like we want to do!
I think most do.

Bringing in Barlow would be as experienced depth to our midfield at the expense of a grigg or hendo - not playing ahead of youngsters.

Consider Thommo won't play many games, neither will mackay, doubt over Douglas recapturing form... leaves us potentially inexperienced in the midfield. Need some experience around the younger guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints delisted Templeton? Surprised by that, would definitely look at him.

In a team where poor kicking is a major issue, why pick up a guy who would automatically become the worst kick in the team. Massive no to Barlow.
At least we agree on that one, like you I'm certain Eli would be a good addition to list our with his electric pace, run and carry and nice skill set. The bonus is he's very dangerous around goals. Handy back up as he's capable of outside mid/wing/small forward roles.

I think most do.

Bringing in Barlow would be as experienced depth to our midfield at the expense of a grigg or hendo - not playing ahead of youngsters.

Consider Thommo won't play many games, neither will mackay, doubt over Douglas recapturing form... leaves us potentially inexperienced in the midfield. Need some experience around the younger guys.

By giving Thommo a contract I think that is the spot in the list that would suit Barlow do we need two of them?

By giving Thommo a contract I think that is the spot in the list that would suit Barlow do we need two of them?
Thommo is only going to play a handful or so games. imo, we need at least 1 experienced player in the side around the younger guys.

At least we agree on that one, like you I'm certain Eli would be a good addition to list our with his electric pace, run and carry and nice skill set. The bonus is he's very dangerous around goals. Handy back up as he's capable of outside mid/wing/small forward roles.

Why was he delisted?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back