List Mgmt. 2016 Delisted Free Agents

Aug 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Hammarby IF, Toronto Raptors
After not adding any new players during the recent Free Agency and Trade Period, many of us are desperate for new names to cheer or ridicule.

Some notable Delisted Free Agents this year are:

Josh Green
Andrejs Everitt
Shaun Edwards
Michael Barlow
Matt de Boer
Anthony Morabito
Tendai Mzungu
Clancee Pearce
Alex Silvagni
Henry Schade
Seb Tape
Jack Fitzpatrick
Jack Grimes
Nick Dal Santo
Brad Mackenzie
Eli Templeton
Xavier Richards

Is there a Delisted Free Agent that you think could be worth the lifeline? Do you think this is something we are considering?

Apologies if I have missed anyone in particular, happy to edit the list later if that is a concern.

Last edited:
May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
After not adding any new players during the recent Free Agency and Trade Period, many of us are desperate for new names to cheer or ridicule.

Some notable Delisted Free Agents this year are:

Josh Green
Andrejs Everitt
Shaun Edwards
Michael Barlow
Matt de Boer
Anthony Morabito
Tendai Mzungu
Clancee Pearce
Alex Silvagni
Henry Schade
Seb Tape
Jack Fitzpatrick
Jack Grimes
Nick Dal Santo
Brad Mackenzie
Xavier Richards

Is there a Delisted Free Agent that you think could be worth the lifeline? Do you think this is something we are considering?

Apologies if I have missed anyone in particular, happy to edit the list later if that is a concern.
Josh Green - No
Andrejs Everitt - No
Shaun Edwards - Would have been a maybe last year, but no now that we have Hampton and Milera.
Michael Barlow - No
Matt de Boer - No
Anthony Morabito - No
Tendai Mzungu - No
Clancee Pearce - No
Alex Silvagni - No
Henry Schade - No
Seb Tape - No
Jack Fitzpatrick - No, rather we try and find another big through the rookie draft like O'Brien. Would probably just end up like Lowden.
Jack Grimes - No
Nick Dal Santo - No
Brad Mackenzie - No
Xavier Richards - Yes

So not a lot i'd be looking at outside Richards and Eli Templeton who the Saints let go.

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Josh Green - No
Andrejs Everitt - No
Shaun Edwards - Would have been a maybe last year, but no now that we have Hampton and Milera.
Michael Barlow - No
Matt de Boer - No
Anthony Morabito - No
Tendai Mzungu - No
Clancee Pearce - No
Alex Silvagni - No
Henry Schade - No
Seb Tape - No
Jack Fitzpatrick - No, rather we try and find another big through the rookie draft like O'Brien. Would probably just end up like Lowden.
Jack Grimes - No
Nick Dal Santo - No
Brad Mackenzie - No
Xavier Richards - Yes

So not a lot i'd be looking at outside Richards and Eli Templeton who the Saints let go.

If anyone on that list is worth a punt it would be del santo the two saints boys you mentioned got delisted by a team far behind us in their prime. Nick is the only one punt worthy

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
If anyone on that list is worth a punt it would be del santo the two saints boys you mentioned got delisted by a team far behind us in their prime. Nick is the only one punt worthy
He's going to be 33 by the time next year starts. He's not going to be picked up by anyone I don't think. Wouldn't be touching him at all.

Xavier Richards is from the Swans too, not the Saints.

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
He's going to be 33 by the time next year starts. He's not going to be picked up by anyone I don't think. Wouldn't be touching him at all.

Xavier Richards is from the Swans too, not the Saints.

Del santo you would think is in better condition than Barlow and there is a whole thread talking about him, I said del santo would be a punt but at least he has been relatively sound and is a better player overall than Barlow

As for Richards to be dumped when you should be in your prime says a lot

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Del santo you would think is in better condition than Barlow and there is a whole thread talking about him, I said del santo would be a punt but at least he has been relatively sound and is a better player overall than Barlow

Richards wasn't dumped. The Swans offered him a two year deal, he rejected it and nobody had any motivation to then trade for him knowing he'd be available later. He's 23, so I'd hardly call that being in your prime either.

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
Eli Templeton - YES - Absolutely - Electric pace - Run and Carry - Kicks Goals.....

http://www.aflplayerratings.com.au/Ratings/Player/117654/Eli-TEMPLETON

2016 Season
1 Port Set up two goals from limited opportunities. 4
2 Played in VFL trial against Williamstown.
3 VFL Gave run and carry when required for Sandy through the middle. -
4 Haw One goal but didn’t make the most of his opportunity and has others breathing down his neck. 3
5 VFL Did well in midfield and didn’t look to waste many of his 23 touches. -
6 VFL Solid game in the midfield rotation. 23 touches and two goals. -
7 VFL Big ball winner in the middle with 36 touches and hit the scoreboard with a major. -
8 Senior emergency.
9 VFL Continued good run of form with 31 touches, four inside-50s and a goal. -
10 VFL Bye. -
11 VFL Unable to break free at times, but worked hard to play a minor role. -
12 VFL Continued strong VFL form with another big outing in hard-fought win. -
13 VFL Bye. -
14 VFL Massive game. 36 touches and six tackles to get things going Zebs’ way. -
15 VFL Can’t question work ethic and got to the right spots to win plenty of ball. -
16 Senior emergency.
17 VFL Superb all afternoon. Nine marks, six inside-50s and five clearances. -
18 VFL Not as prominent as he has been in midfield. Scorps’ shut him down well. -
19 VFL Willy paid him close attention and managed to limit his impact. -
20 Didn’t play for Sandringham.
21 VFL Steady game in midfield with 23 possessions, three inside-50s. -
22 VFL Serviceable showing in midfield without being at his best. -
23 VFL Good balanced outing in middle. Pushed back well, and drove ball into attack. -

I finding it difficult that people are failing to comprehend that Richards told the Swans he wanted to move back to Melbourne.

Eli Templeton - YES - Absolutely - Electric pace - Run and Carry - Kicks Goals.....

http://www.aflplayerratings.com.au/Ratings/Player/117654/Eli-TEMPLETON

2016 Season
1 Port Set up two goals from limited opportunities. 4
2 Played in VFL trial against Williamstown.
3 VFL Gave run and carry when required for Sandy through the middle. -
4 Haw One goal but didn’t make the most of his opportunity and has others breathing down his neck. 3
5 VFL Did well in midfield and didn’t look to waste many of his 23 touches. -
6 VFL Solid game in the midfield rotation. 23 touches and two goals. -
7 VFL Big ball winner in the middle with 36 touches and hit the scoreboard with a major. -
8 Senior emergency.
9 VFL Continued good run of form with 31 touches, four inside-50s and a goal. -
10 VFL Bye. -
11 VFL Unable to break free at times, but worked hard to play a minor role. -
12 VFL Continued strong VFL form with another big outing in hard-fought win. -
13 VFL Bye. -
14 VFL Massive game. 36 touches and six tackles to get things going Zebs’ way. -
15 VFL Can’t question work ethic and got to the right spots to win plenty of ball. -
16 Senior emergency.
17 VFL Superb all afternoon. Nine marks, six inside-50s and five clearances. -
18 VFL Not as prominent as he has been in midfield. Scorps’ shut him down well. -
19 VFL Willy paid him close attention and managed to limit his impact. -
20 Didn’t play for Sandringham.
21 VFL Steady game in midfield with 23 possessions, three inside-50s. -
22 VFL Serviceable showing in midfield without being at his best. -
23 VFL Good balanced outing in middle. Pushed back well, and drove ball into attack. -
I'd take the punt.

Too many like him on their list their supporters are saying......Dunno about them but he certainly has attributes that we don't have enough of...

Similar scenario to Lyons for us.

He is free. Has speed. Take the risk.

Not disagreeing. Some times decent players are delisted for whatever reason. Worth the punt I reckon.

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Absolutely not to Dal Santo.

I also don't think Xavier Richards is any good. There's a reason he was delisted and not traded.

Most other targets are no good either.

There's a reason every player that is delisted was unable to be traded to any of the other 17 clubs

Because no one wanted them or were worth paying anything for

Back