D1 2016 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know this season is still going with the biggest match of the year coming up, but looks like travels to doveton and preston will be in order for next season as the new comers from D2 and ormand and oakleigh to come back down, should make for another cracking and tight contest in d1 in 2017 i reckon

I read the post as having a dig at OGs for losing three straight PFs and even though they beat PEGS easily in Rd 18, predicted OGs to lose.

Winners are grinners.....

Exactly .. Quoting the history was trying to clearly say we are chokers and he tipped us to lose and said we were tired . Cheap shots and to be frank , his prediction couldn't have been more wrrrrrrong.

I welcone the soothsayer to give us his wisdom before the grand final..Are we now are extra tired after today ?

Would he like me to have quoted OMs history over their last 14 years in D1 ( a vafa record other than A grade) the finals they have lost ? A second semi against Oakleigh at sandy comes to mind as one of their straight sets exit, after losing the next week as red hot favourites . Do you want to go there ? Do I need to mention Gareth Snow and that dropped mark ?

He went out on a limb and got owned. Go oggs!!

i know this season is still going with the biggest match of the year coming up, but looks like travels to doveton and preston will be in order for next season as the new comers from D2 and ormand and oakleigh to come back down, should make for another cracking and tight contest in d1 in 2017 i reckon

Disappointing Preston got up, would have been funny if they went 0-3 for the day

Disappointing Preston got up, would have been funny if they went 0-3 for the day
im kind of happy tbh, pretty young club and exciting brand of footy, interesting to see how they go
West Brunsiwck going up would have been equally as interesting though
St Johns will be interesting, when they are on they are quite devastating and can pile on goals quickly when i have watched them

Coburg for 2 x south sides - the VAFA have done it again. Look forward to seeing a poor crowd attend. Good for me though will just hop on the tram ten deep and watch what will be a belter contest

Apologies to all involved for trying to generate some genuine footy talk on here. I thought I would try and share my love of the VAFA and provide some insight about the upcoming final series. I now know that tipping against Old Geelong and using past form to back up my tip is incredibly reckless behaviour and I extend my apologies to Mr Chaos & Mr Shorts for this.

Unfortunately my memory of D1 in 08 isn't as impressive as the Captains. I was running around on my last legs trying to get a kick in the division 2 clubbies, although he does seem to have a fondness for the history of the Old Mentone Football Club. I may go out on a limb and suggest that all is not what it seems in the Captains profound love for the Oggers.

But alas we have a final on our hands to talk about. And congratulations to the two best teams in D1 in securing promotion and a chance to win the premiership cup. Coburg does seem like an odd spot to host a final for two teams south of the Yarra, but the vafa have never seemed the best at securing grounds for this time of year.

As stated I will refuse to tip a winner this week but I am looking forward to the contest none the less.

CC love your enthusiasm but shouldn't lose sight of PEGS' spirit yesterday. 2 players down and still fought on but just weren't the better side on the day.

Looking forward to a good contest on Saturday, even if the location may as well be in Ballarat for both teams. Interesting individual battles (Mills v Hoevenaars, Sharp v McKay, Hodges v Burbury), and the 14 day v 6 day break effect will determine the outcome. Old Mentone's better ball use, as well as their dominance in the centre during the 2nd half of the 2nd semi won them that match up. Best two teams all year.

ammo football has a rich history of digs at us (pafc) so I took it as he was giving Ogs a clip.
Bad day for us going down to a good pegs side and then watched Ogs basically dominate pegs for most of the day. Livori is a star he was pretty much their only bloke that could hold his head high maybe flaherty as well.
How many pegs blokes are going to throw the towel in? V old, v slow.
Ryan Jones broken ribs was earmarked for Burberry and went down injured in first contest. Sahan our best running player went down with medial, skurrie did his groin in first marking contest. Can't win finals when that happens. All happened within 2 minutes of each other!!
There are 4-5 plus 30s in the team, Forrest skurrie flaherty baddely Daniel Ryan. All 200 plus gamers who took the club to A grade.
Flaherty and Ryan wrong side of 30 may hang up the boots.

Ryan Jones broken ribs was earmarked for Burberry and went down injured in first contest. Sahan our best running player went down with medial, skurrie did his groin in first marking contest. Can't win finals when that happens. All happened within 2 minutes of each other!!
There are 4-5 plus 30s in the team, Forrest skurrie flaherty baddely Daniel Ryan. All 200 plus gamers who took the club to A grade.
Flaherty and Ryan wrong side of 30 may hang up the boots.

I didn't see the incidents as I was still in the rooms consoling one of the boys who broke up with his Mrs just to play in the ressies prelim! Heart and soul
Of the club and really felt for him he wanted that twos flag so bad.

Unfortunate that your season comes down to a 2-5 min period of injuries and key ones at that. Never good to hear.

Time will tell if they go again!

Whitefriars FC are on the hunt for a new senior coach after Dick Baker parted ways with the club today.

Probably not a big surprise given we only won 6 senior games, but of probably greater concern, 1 reserve and 1 under 19 win all year.

Makes 8 wins from 54 games in 2016.

Hopefully the new gaffer can attract some established players from outside the club as we desperately need to diversify.

The northern club are strong and fast.
Deserve to be in the higher grades. No sniping, behind the play rough stuff and all..
The other, on the other hand........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apologies to all involved for trying to generate some genuine footy talk on here. I thought I would try and share my love of the VAFA and provide some insight about the upcoming final series. I now know that tipping against Old Geelong and using past form to back up my tip is incredibly reckless behaviour and I extend my apologies to Mr Chaos & Mr Shorts for this.

Unfortunately my memory of D1 in 08 isn't as impressive as the Captains. I was running around on my last legs trying to get a kick in the division 2 clubbies, although he does seem to have a fondness for the history of the Old Mentone Football Club. I may go out on a limb and suggest that all is not what it seems in the Captains profound love for the Oggers.

But alas we have a final on our hands to talk about. And congratulations to the two best teams in D1 in securing promotion and a chance to win the premiership cup. Coburg does seem like an odd spot to host a final for two teams south of the Yarra, but the vafa have never seemed the best at securing grounds for this time of year.

As stated I will refuse to tip a winner this week but I am looking forward to the contest none the less.

Care to expand about my love for the oggs not being genuine ??

Also, did I say it was 08 did I?

Maitland got up in vote count! Didn't make team of the year!! Very silly. He is a gun. Brad jones third didn't make team of the year, another gun.

Heard a rumour today there is a side in this division being investigated for playing outside the laws of the VAFA.
Details are a bit sketchy but apparently some emails pinging around today?
Can only assume its either player payment or qualification/registration related.

Like i said only rumour - wondering if anyone else has heard anything?

Heard a rumour today there is a side in this division being investigated for playing outside the laws of the VAFA.
Details are a bit sketchy but apparently some emails pinging around today?
Can only assume its either player payment or qualification/registration related.

Like i said only rumour - wondering if anyone else has heard anything?

if so, what would the consequence be? relegation? a big fine?

Could it possibly relate to an already relegated club?

Anyone seen ammo footy around ? He still hasn't answered my questions .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back